The following video presents Trust Women Photo Award 2015:
- “Watch the video for some inspiration and submit your photo today!
- Don’t forget to share your picture with your friends and your network on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #WomenMakeItHappen .”
Women make it happen!
They are change makers, leaders, educators, and natural-born entrepreneurs. They lead by example and inspire entire generations.
This year, the Trust Women Photo Award celebrates inspirational women who take the lead to further their families, communities and society at large.
We invite aspiring photographers and photojournalists to submit images capturing the lives and stories of remarkable women around the world achieving incredible things in their communities.
One selected photo will be showcased at the Trust Women Conference on November 9-10, 2015 in London. It is the annual international event organised by the Thomson Reuters Foundation and dedicated to the advancement of women’s rights and to the fight against human trafficking.
The career opportunity and prizes are as follows.
Nine finalists will be selected by Thomson Reuters Foundation and Microsoft’s internal visual and creative teams.
Each of the finalists will:
- be sent a Microsoft Lumia 930 device and be required to capture additional photos using their device, and
- receive a copy of the 2014 edition of the ‘Reuters Our World Now’ photobook.
The voting period is the time to engage your friends, family and supporters to vote for your work!
- One photographer with the highest number of votes will automatically be included as the 10th finalist.
Each of the 10 finalists will be provided with a Microsoft Lumia 930 (known as a Lumia Icon in the U.S.) and will be required to submit a portfolio of 5 photos based on a new brief.
Out of the 10 finalists one photographer selected by Thomas Reuters Foundation, Microsoft and their judges will receive:
- The prestigious Trust Women Photo Award.
- A showcase of their photograph at the Trust Women Conference (taking place on November 9-10, 2015 in London).
- An all expenses paid trip to attend a Mobile Journalism training course.
- The opportunity to have their portfolio reviewed by the Thomson Reuters Foundation multimedia team.
- Exposure on Thomson Reuters Foundation, Trust Women and Microsoft communication channels.
- An interview published on the Thomson Reuters Foundation’s award-winning website trust.org.
The selection criteria are (i) substance; (ii) creativity; and (iii) originality.
This Creative Invite Consists of Two Rounds:
Round One – Submit By: February 19, 2015, 09:59 AM PST
- Voting Starts: February 19, 2015 at 10:00 AM
- Voting Ends: February 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM
- 10 Devices Sent: February 27, 2015
Round Two – Submit By: March 20, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
- Winner Announcement: March 23, 2015
All times are in Pacific Standard Time.
Please click here for more info.
Here are some of the Creative Invite Guidelines.
This opportunity is open worldwide to participants ages 18 and older.
- When sharing on social media, please use the hashtag #WomenMakeItHappen.
- Participants must have a valid passport and be eligible to travel to the country where the ‘Mobile Journalism’ Course is taught (in English).
- Artists must join Talenthouse using an active email address in order to ensure they can be contacted should they be selected.
- All submissions will feature as part of a global gallery with public voting on Facebook and Twitter.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
Please click here to read the complete Creative Invite Guidelines.
….DISCLAIMER: When you submit a work to Talenthouse as an entry, you grant Talenthouse a limited license to use your work. You always own the copyright in your work. Talenthouse never owns the copyright in your work. If you are selected as a winner, then in exchange for a prize, you may be required to license or assign your work to the host providing the prize. If you do not want to license or assign your work in exchange for a prize, an alternate winner will be selected and you will retain copyright in your work….
Grant of Rights. By entering the Contest, entrants irrevocably grant the Promoter and Sponsor, its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, designees, clients, sponsors, licensees, and advertising and promotional agencies, an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, unconditional license and absolute right to edit, post, publish, store, copy, transmit, publicly display, and exhibit, the Work (in whole or in part) in connection with the Contest and/or the promotion of the Contest. Upon the Promoter’s and/or Sponsor’s request, winners agree to sign any and all legal forms deemed necessary to license or assign all right, title and interest in and to the Work, including without limitation, all copyrights associated therewith, in exchange for the Prizes set forth above…..
Please click here to read the complete Official Rules of this contest (pdf).
Good Luck! / Bonne Chance!
The following video presents Lumia Denim software update – hands-on demo:
Introducing the Lumia Denim software update, available across the entire range of Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1. From the world’s most-talked about assistant in Cortana to a new and improved camera experience with Lumia Camera and more, the Denim update offers you the best smartphone experience.
The Lumia Denim update comes with Live Folders, a better Glance screen, and some great new imaging features: http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/denim-software-update/