FUJIFILM North America Corporation has officially announced the FUJINON GF50mmF3.5 R LM WR, the smallest and lightest GF lens to date.
- Interchangeable lens for the GFX Series of mirrorless digital cameras with ultra-high image resolution supporting 100MP+ sensor
- Maximum aperture of 3.5 and focal length of 50mm (equivalent to 40mm in the 35mm film format)
- Smallest and the lightest (11.8 oz./335g) GF lens to date
- Realize the world’s lightest Large Format mirrorless camera system weighing 1,110g when mounted on the FUJIFILM GFX 50R
- Weather-sealed, operates in temperatures down to -10°C (14°F)
PRESS RELEASE (en français)
FUJIFILM INTRODUCES GF50mmF3.5 R LM WR LENS, EXPANDING AVAILABLE LENS OPTIONS FOR GFX SERIES MIRRORLESS CAMERAS
Valhalla, N.Y., July 18, 2019 – The Electronic Imaging Division of FUJIFILM North America Corporation has announced the release of its FUJINON GF50mmF3.5 R LM WR lens, the smallest and the lightest (11.8 oz./335g) GF lens to date, featuring a maximum aperture of 3.5 and focal length of 50mm (equivalent to 40mm in the 35mm film format). When attached to a FUJIFILM GFX 50R digital camera, the combined weight is only 39.2 ounces (1,110g), making it easily portable and an ideal choice for street and landscape photography.
Lenses in the GF family deliver astonishing image resolution and rich tonal reproduction, made possible by the outstanding optical design and production technology FUJIFILM Corporation developed to process lens surfaces at sub-micron level precision. The GF lenses bring out the full potential of the FUJIFILM GFX 50S and GFX 50R mirrorless digital cameras, and they fully support the 100MP image sensor of the recently launched GFX 100. Coupled with Fujifilm’s unique color reproduction technology, these lenses deliver world-class image quality.
The GF50mmF3.5 R LM WR’s weather-sealed construction makes it dust and weather resistant and capable of operating in temperatures down to 14°F (-10°C), allowing shooting even in challenging conditions while maintaining optimum reliability.
The addition of the GF50mmF3.5 R LM WR expands the lineup of GF lenses to ten lenses. Complemented with various accessories, Fujifilm offers broad shooting coverage to deliver the joy of taking photographs with the GFX Series of cameras.