Miami Street Photography Festival
At HistoryMiami Museum
December 3-6, 2015
Opening Reception: Thursday, Dec. 3, 5 – 7 PM
Awards Party / 2015 Bash: Saturday, Dec. 5, 7 – 9 PM
Leica Camera Loans from 10AM-5PM Dec. 3 & 4, 10AM-12PM Dec. 5
101 West Flagler Street
Miami, Florida, USA
Leica teams up with Miami Street Photography Festival (MSPF) and HistoryMiami to celebrate the art of photography.
- Celebrate with them on Thursday 12/3 and Saturday 12/5 for the opening and closing parties for the Miami Street Photography Festival.
- MSPF will be held during Art Basel Miami from December 3rd to 6th at HistoryMiami.
The Miami Street Photography Festival is an international photography festival showcasing the best of contemporary street and documentary photography viewed through the eyes of established and emerging photographers.
Win the New Solid Gray Leica D-Lux (Typ 109)
- The Leica D-Lux solid gray, a two-tone alternative to the current standard model, will be available from the end of November 2015.
- In this new styling concept, the lens and control elements are now in silver.
- The technical features of the Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) solid gray are identical to the black version.
For this contest, you will have to fill out a brief questionnaire at Leica’s iPads located at the Leica on Loan tables at the HistoryMiami, and post on Instagram. Here’s how you can win:
- Follow @leica_camera_usa on Instagram.
- Upload an image from MSPF / Art Basel to your Instagram account.
- Tag your images with #LeicaCameraUSA and #LeicaArtBasel .
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Come early to get your hands on a Leica to use during the InstaMeet. Leica will be loaning out cameras throughout the entirety of the event. You can post your adventure, using hashtag #LeicaCameraUSA and #LeicaArtBasel.
- A Leica Camera loan is available on a first come, first serve basis. Please bring a photo ID, credit card, and your own SD card to participate in the loan program. Loans will be from 10AM- 5PM December 3rd & 4th and 10AM- 12PM December 5th.
- Also, join them for the unveiling of “24 Hours in Miami : 8 Photographers, 24 Hours, 1 City and a Leica”, and a very special InstaMeet with master of black and white street photography @jasonmpeterson and legendary sound engineer @youngguru763: December 5 from 1pm – 3pm.
A schedule of festival events is provided at http://www.miamistreetphotographyfestival.org/#!schedule/c1khx .
- See the works of the MSPF contest finalists at HistoryMiami which will be exhibiting the contest finalists for two months, including during Art Basel Week.
- Finalists are also eligible to win the Grand Prize, a brand new Leica Q.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
12/11/2015 – 06/12/2015
Leica Camera at Art Basel Miami
Leica teams up with Miami Street Photography Festival and HistoryMiami to celebrate the art of photography.
The festival will be held during Art Basel Miami from December 3rd to 6th at HistoryMiami.
The MSPF is an international three-day conference and exhibit, offering workshops and lectures with renowned photographers, and showcases the best of emerging contemporary street photographers. Participate in a number of events such as portfolio reviews and master talks with world renowned photographers.
Leica MSPF 2015 InstaMeet with Jason Peterson and Young Guru
Master of black and white street photography, Jason Peterson (@jasonmpeterson) and legendary sound engineer and Leica photographer, Young Guru (@youngguru763) will be at Art Basel, experiencing the entire event through the lens of a Leica. Jason and Guru will share their perspective on photography through the Leica lens. Join Jason & Guru for this exclusive talk and gain some insight on how they are able to create such powerful photographs that tell stories of all the urban landscapes they’ve captured.After the talk, stay for an Art Basel themed photowalk with Jason & Guru.
The InstaMeet with Jason Peterson and Young Guru will be held in the HistoryMiami auditorium and starts at 1PM on Saturday, December 5th and lasts until 3PM.
Leica’s “24 Hours in Miami” Project
Local Instagrammers will be going about Miami from December 2nd to 3rd, with their Leica cameras, shooting the Miami experience in a span of 24 hours. Of all the photos taken, the best will be unveiled along side the InstaMeet with Jason Peterson.
The unveiling will be in HistoryMiami on Saturday, December 5th at 1PM.
Get Your Hands on a Leica
It’s safe to assume after all this Leica buzz you’d want to get your hands on your own. Fear not, we will be loaning out cameras throughout the entirety of the event.If you decide to post your adventure, make sure to give us some love and hashtag #LeicaCameraUSA and #LeicaArtBasel
A Leica Camera loan is available on a first come, first serve basis. Please bring a photo ID, credit card, and your own SD card to participate in the loan program. Loans will be from 10AM- 5PM December 3rd & 4th and 10AM- 12PM December 5th.
Win the new Solid Gray Leica D-Lux
All you have to do is fill out a brief questionnaire at our iPads located at the Leica on Loan tables at the HistoryMiami. In addition to filling out the questionnaire, you will need to post on Instagram . Here’s how you can win:
- Follow @leica_camera_usa on Instagram
- Upload an image from MSPF / Art Basel to your Instagram account
- Tag your images with #LeicaCameraUSA and #LeicaArtBasel
The winner will be selected by a Leica photographer and announced on December 8th on Leica Camera USA’s Instagram account (@leica_camera_usa). The winner will be notified via email.If you do not have an Instagram account you can download the application to your smartphone and create an account. Contest only open to US Residents; terms and conditions apply.
See the Works of the MSPF Contest Finalists
These finalists represent the best of contemporary street photography. They have been selected by photographers who live and breathe street photography. HistoryMiami are exhibiting in its museum the contest finalists for two months, including during Art Basel Week. Finalists are also eligible to win the Grand Prize, a brand new Leica Q.
The following video presents Jesse Marlow: Street Photography with the Leica Q (Typ 116) from Leica Akademie Australia on Vimeo.
Follow along with Melbourne-based street photographer Jesse Marlow as he captures his own unique view of the city with the new Leica Q. For Jesse, the benefits of the Leica Q include its small and discreet nature and the ultra-fast auto focus that gives you the opportunity to capture those shots that would otherwise be missed. Watch this video and discover the capabilities of the Leica Q. Learn more about the Leica Q here: bit.ly/LeicaQ
You can pre-order / buy the above Leica cameras at B&H: