The following video presents Canon: How to Film Films with Filmmaking with Ryan Connolly – Ep1, Choosing the right camera:
Join filmmaker Ryan Connolly on a journey through making movies, as he helps out a fellow filmmaker remember what to do.
in this episode, Ryan explains how to choose the right camera for your project.
B&H Photo – Video – Pro Audio and New York Film Academy (NYFA)
2015 Film Makers Master Class Sponsored by Canon USA
FREE to apply & FREE tuition for those who are accepted
This is a tuition free, 4 – day intensive, hands-on workshop where selected students will be assigned a specific story to create from start to finish under the guidance of an industry master filmmaker on the streets of NYC and in the studios and classrooms of New York Film Academy. This is not a passive seminar, or an entry-level sit-and-watch workshop. This is what it takes to make it in the real world. You will learn how to produce a finished piece on a limited time-line project with a film crew you have never worked with before. The 2015 Filmmakers Master Class may stress you, may test you, and will most likely push you out of your comfort zone. With the guidance of our star instructors and your willingness to immerse yourself in the craft, you will gain boots on the ground, hands on experience which cannot be learned from text books, it must be experienced.
The Film Makers Master Class is FREE to apply and for those who are accepted it is tuition FREE.
- Please note: Hotel and airfare not included in the workshop.
B&H Film Makers Master Class Contest
Our Goal: To Educate and Inspire you to Create
Do you have the makings of a future Spielberg? Or a Scorsese? Or maybe a Ken Burns? What could you become if given the opportunity & the tools to realize your dreams? Apply to our Filmmakers Master Class, a 4-day, tuition-free, hands-on workshop in NYC.
This Contest is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age on their entry date unless it is prohibited by local law, statute, ordinance, or otherwise.
Accepted and confirmed filmmakers will enjoy the Film Makers Master Class program that takes place from October 12 to October 15 in New York City (NYC) plus other benfits outlined below:
- Breakfast and Lunches provided.
- Small intimate class groups taught by Vincent Laforet, Bruce Dorn, Eve Cohen, Joe Simon, and Nino Leitner.
- Work with top editors to create the final film.
- Full complement of the latest digital cinema cameras and lenses from Canon along with Professional supporting equipment needed to make a high production value short film (all you need to bring is your creativity).
- Final screening of your work on the silver screen at Lowes AMC 34th Street Theater.
- Awards, Certificate of Completion and other exciting give-aways.
- Your finished project on a G-Tech Hard Drive that is yours to keep.
- Canon Vixia Mini X Full HD Video Camera is yours to keep.
- THERE IS NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER.
- The B&H Film Makers Master Class (the “Contest”) is void where prohibited by law and is sponsored by B&H Foto & Electronics Corp., 440 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001 (“Sponsor” or “B&H”).
- In order to be considered for this workshop your application must have a link to a 90 second clip of something you have shot and/or edited.
- Only completed applications and online entries will be eligible. The maximum number of allowable submissions is one video per applicant.
- Enter the Contest by completing an online application form found at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/11246/filmmakers-master-class.html and uploading one video of length no greater than 90 seconds to You Tube or Vimeo websites using “B&H Film Makers Master Class Entry by <your name>” as the title of your uploaded video.
- Submissions must be received between August 10, 2015 and September 10, 2015 to be entered into the Contest (the “Entry Period”). Unless otherwise decided by Sponsor, submissions received outside the Entry Period are void. Entrants are allowed one submission total for consideration.
The Sponsor will assign a panel of NYFA instructors to select the 75 best overall video submissions.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, storytelling, and technical quality, overall aesthetic and compelling viewing. The videos found by the judges to be best overall, will receive the designated prize described in the following paragraph.
- All winner selections are final and are not subject to appeal or review.
….Entrants retain full ownership and copyrights to their submissions. Submitted videos are only being used to select entrants to inclusion of the contest and will not be used further by the sponsor.
….winners agree to sign a model release that will allow the film makers master class and video created during the film makers master class to be used for marketing at the discretion of the sponsor.
Winner is responsible for all transportation to and from NYC, lodging and dinner meals during the program.
Please read the full rules of the Master Class Contest at http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/promotion/11246/filmmakers-master-class.html .
- More info is also provided at the above link.
The following video presents CineGear – Canon Vixia Mini X from Nate Weber on Vimeo.