The following video presents Canon 365 Days of Summer – Zoë Kravitz’s Summer Story:
“We’ve partnered up with Zoë Kravitz to launch the 365 Days of Summer project. Watch her Summer story for your chance to win a trip of a lifetime #liveforthestory.
Want to chase summer for 365 days?“
“Share your summer story with our Instagram competition. The best story wins a trip around the world to chase summer for a whole year.
Need a bit of inspiration? Stories are everywhere, you just have to know where to look.”
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Participants provide a complete release of Instagram in relation to this competition.
Please do not enter this promotion if you are not able to commit to one year of travel away from home.
- This Competition is open to all residents of Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom, (“Territories”) aged 18 years or over.
- Employees of Canon and their immediate families, the agencies or anyone professionally connected with this Competition, as well as Canon Masters, Canon Ambassadors and Canon Explorers are not eligible to participate.
- No purchase necessary to enter this Competition.
- Entry into this Competition is void where prohibited by law.
- The winner of the Competition will receive a round-the-world trip for one person ONLY, to be completed within one year up to a maximum value of €33,000 (thirty-three thousand Euros) or equivalent in your local currency, subject to exchange rates on 21st July 2017, courtesy of Cloud Nine (http://www.uponcloudnine.co.uk/). Final itinerary to be confirmed by Canon and the Winner.
- The prize is subject to the fulfilment restrictions and parameters of Cloud Nine and in no event will Canon be liable if the Winner is refused flights or accommodation for any reason.
- All travel must commence before 31 December 2017 and must be completed before 31 December 2018, is subject to availability and excludes travel at Christmas (21st December-3rd January 2017/2018), Easter and any UK public holidays. Any other travel, accommodation, food and drink and other items not specified in the Prize must be arranged by the Winner and Companion (if applicable) at their own expense.
- The round-the-world trip prize, maximum value of €33,000 (thirty-three thousand Euros), includes: around the world economy flight tickets with a maximum of 7 (seven) flights, which must include a return to your country of residence or the original departing country, 2 (two) nights’ accommodation at each of the 6 destinations chosen, £1500 ( one thousand five hundred pounds) allowance each month for 11 months (while travelling only), comprehensive travel insurance plus all setup and management fees.
- The Winner is responsible for ensuring at his/her sole expense that he/she have obtained all necessary visas, valid passports, vaccinations and will provide satisfactory evidence that he/she is fit for travel upon request by Canon. Travel insurance will be supplied for the Winner. Pre-existing medical conditions will not be covered under travel insurance. It is the responsibility of the Winner to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical conditions and/or for any additional costs as may be specified where the Winner are aged 75 (seventy five) or over.
- The Winner is responsible for any obligations related to their winning as may be applicable. The Winner may be requested to submit written, photographic and or audio visual materials relating to the Prize as reasonably required by Canon.
- The Winner hereby agrees to participate in post event publicity and to the use of their name and likeness in such publicity as may be reasonably required by Canon.
- The Winner hereby also agrees to document their Prize on Instagram with a minimum of 7 (seven) posts a week for the duration of their trip.
- You must: (i) upload Your favourite photographic image capturing Your story of summer (“Your Image”) on to Your personal Instagram page; (ii) caption Your image describing your story of summer with a maximum of 50 words, include #LiveForTheStory, include @mention of your local Instagram Canon account; during the Entering Period.
- Closing Date is 23:59 (CEST) on 28 June 2017. Entries outside of the Entering Period will not be accepted for entry to the Competition.
- Maximum one entry per person, via Instagram, during the Promotion Period. Any further entries submitted by one person will not be accepted or judged and are ineligible to win.
- No purchase necessary however a valid Instagram account and internet access is required.
- During the Competition Period or at any time thereafter, You may be required to provide original and or raw data file(s) of Your Image to Canon. Canon shall contact You via Your personal Instagram account to request the relevant file(s).
- The winner of this Competition will be selected by a panel of independent judges including a Canon representative and Zoe Kravitz.
- The criteria for selection will be based on creativity of the image, quality of the image, originality of the image and creativity of text entry, up to 50 (fifty) words.
- The winner of the Competition will be notified within 6 (six) weeks of the competition closing date via Instagram direct message on their Instagram account.
- The Winner is required to confirm acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) within 5 (five) days after they have been notified of winning the Competition by Canon.
…By entering this Competition, You hereby grant to Canon a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferrable licence to use, edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute Your Image, , throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented for any purpose. You undertake to complete any necessary documentation to formalise the licence upon Canon’s request and at Canon’s sole expense….
Canon Europa N.V., 59 Bovenkerkerweg, 1185 XB is the Data Controller for the purpose of the Dutch Data Protection Act as may be amended, modified or replaced from time to time in respect of any personal data supplied by You. Any personal data submitted to us will be proceeded by this Competition and, if applicable, for marketing purposes by Canon and its subsidiaries only – in cases when You have opted-in to receive marketing communication from Canon. The personal data provided is held securely and may be transferred on a secure server outside EEA.
The personal data provided by you may be (i) held and used by Canon’s agents and third party suppliers for the purposes of administering the Competition only; and (ii) the Winner’s name and contact details will be provided to Canon’s third party suppliers (including Cloud Nine) only to the extent that it is required for the fulfilment and or delivery of the Prize and shall be promptly removed from all third party servers upon completion of the Prize. By entering this Competition and submitting personal data, You hereby consent to your personal data being stored and or processed for the aforesaid purposes.
If the Prize involves travel outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), any personal data provided by the Winner may be transferred outside the EEA solely for the purpose of fulfilling the Prize and Winner hereby consents to this transfer for these purposes….
The name and country of the winner will be available by sending an email to/going to Canon365DOS@PromoWinners.com which will be available after 1st October 2017 for 4 (four) weeks
As you are a consumer, the Laws of Your country of residence will apply to this Competition, and You may be entitled to bring court proceedings in Your own language and in Your local courts. A local consumer advice organization will be able to advise You of Your rights. These Terms do not restrict any statutory rights that may be applicable. If You are not a consumer according to Your local Laws, the Laws of England and Wales will apply to this Competition and the parties hereto agree to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
For more info and to read the complete Terms and Conditions, please visit https://www.canon-europe.com/live-for-the-story/ and https://www.canon.co.uk/live-for-the-story/terms-and-conditions/ .
Good Luck! / Bonne Chance!
Roald Dahl named as greatest storyteller as Canon launches competition to find ultimate summer storyteller
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 17 May 2017 – A poll for Canon UK has named Roald Dahl as the greatest storyteller of all time.
- Roald Dahl has been named the greatest storyteller of all time, in a new poll
- Canon on the hunt for a storyteller to spend a year identifying and living 365 new stories across the globe
- Job of a lifetime applications being judged by famous storyteller, Zoë Kravitz
Zoë Kravitz launches Canon’s 365 Days of Summer competition. To enter and hear Zoë’s own summer story search #LiveForTheStory or visit @CanonUK on Instagram
Canon UK commissioned the research to mark the launch of its 365 Days of Summer competition to find a storyteller to spend a year identifying and living 365 new stories across the globe as part of its new Live For The Story brand positioning.
Roald Dahl, the creator of classics such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach has topped the poll of the greatest authors, songwriters, artists and photographers. Visual storytellers including graffiti artist Banksy, Jurassic Park director Steven Spielberg and legendary cartoonist Walt Disney also featured in the top 50.
The research also showed a staggering 94 per cent of adults enjoy a good story with the average adult telling four stories a day, through words, conversation and with photos.
Matthew Searle – Country Director, Canon UK and Ireland said: “You can’t beat a good story, whether it’s words in a book, photographs, film or simply through conversation. Roald Dahl in particular may be well known for his words, but the images which accompanied many of his children’s books have helped to paint a picture for children for generations.
“As technology evolves, stories are now so much more than just the written word and people today have a variety of ways to tell their story and make sure it lives on. Whether they are to inform, relay a message or just to entertain, there are stories which will go on to be told for generations to come. At Canon we celebrate storytelling in all its forms and with the launch of our Live For The Story campaign we want to encourage people to tell their story and live every experience to the fullest no matter how insignificant.”
Canon is looking for someone to fill a very unique position as it begins its search for the ultimate storyteller. The lucky person will spend a year chasing summer across the globe in order to identify 365 inspiring stories. Applications for this unique role will be taken via Instagram and judged by actress, producer, musician and storyteller, Zoë Kravitz.
The successful candidate will chase summer all over the world, visiting destinations from Lisbon to Melbourne to Brazil, curating their own story of the summer.
Those who think they have what it takes to inspire people to find their own stories can apply by sharing their most memorable summer story on Instagram with the story behind it (no more than 50 words), tagging @CanonUK and #liveforthestory. Submissions will be judged on a number of elements including storytelling ability, visual appeal, originality and inspirational qualities. The successful candidate will be required to travel the world chasing summer in order to identify 365 inspiring stories throughout the course of the job. The role is all expenses paid and, of course, offers a holiday allowance of 365 days per annum.
Canon’s storyteller will be tasked with identifying 365 new summer stories throughout the year, bringing back the art of storytelling and inspiring people to make the most of every moment in their life. The journey they choose is for them to decide, it will be their story to create and inspire.
Matthew Searle – Country Director, Canon UK and Ireland said: “Every moment has the potential to be important, even more so in the summer when we are open to new challenges and experiences. We are on the hunt for someone to inspire us, to help us ‘Live For The Story’ every day and ensure none of us miss those special moments.”