This video presents【RICOH THETA】Concept movie 90sec ver.:
RICOH THETA is the world’s first ultra-small camera that takes spherical images with two lenses. Capture the entire world around your RICOH THETA with a simple push of the shutter, and share easily on social networking services.
Ricoh recently made the following announcements:
- Ricoh is planning to release the “THETA+” app for iPhone and Android, which is specially designed for editing images shot using the RICOH THETA spherical image camera. The new application will be available for download soon.
- Also, a new firmware version 1.30 will be released, which increases the 360 degree video recording time from the current 3 minutes to a maximum of 5 minutes.
- Two new accessories, a water resistant case and handy portable soft case will also be available.
Spherical images are now even more fun and useful!
Release of the newly developed image editing app “THETA+”
Expanded product line includes new RICOH THETA accessories such as a water resistant case and increased app functionality!
Jul. 7, 2015
Ricoh Company, Ltd.
Ricoh Imaging Company, Ltd.
TOKYO, July 7, 2015—Ricoh Company, Ltd. and Ricoh Imaging Company, Ltd. are planning to release the “THETA+” app, which is specially designed for editing images shot using the RICOH THETA spherical image camera. The new application will be available for download soon.
This specialized app enables users to trim and edit or change settings such as the projection format and color tone settings of spherical images shot using RICOH THETA easily on their smartphone. Edited images can be shared easily by posting to social networks such as Instagram or Facebook.
Two new accessories, a water resistant case and handy portable soft case will also be available. Additionally, a new firmware version (version 1.30) will be released which increases the 360 degree video recording time for the RICOH THETA (m15) from the current 3 minutes to a maximum of 5 minutes.
Enjoy an increasingly fun and exciting world of spherical images with these new apps, accessories and firmware update!
1. Features of the Image Editing App “THETA+”
- Spherical images can be trimmed to the desired shape.
- The projection format of spherical images can be selected. New spherical images formats which were not conventionally available in the RICOH THETA app, such as the “little planet” format in which shot images are reproduced as a small planet shapes floating in space, are now available.
- Select one of 5 types of filter to change the color tone of the spherical image.
- Images can be posted to external apps such as Instagram or Facebook.
- Time-lapse videos in which multiple spherical images are taken at fixed intervals and then combined into a movie file can now be created. Created time-lapse videos can be viewed as spherical videos in the RICOH THETA app.
- The new app links with the previous RICOH THETA for iPhone or RICOH THETA for AndroidTM app to enable editing of images immediately after shooting.
|App name||THETA+ for iPhone|
|Downloadable from||App Store|
|Compatible devices||iPhone5C/iPhone5S/iPhone6/iPhone6Plus running iOS8 or later|
|App name||THETA+ for Android|
|Downloadable from||Google play|
|Compatible devices||Devices running on Android OS4.4 or later
*Operation is not guaranteed on all devices.
2. Expanded THETA Accessory Range
1) TH-1 Hard Case – Water resistant case made from strong, transparent polycarbonate material
- Hard case that has IPX7 equivalent waterproofing, perfect for shooting outdoors near water.
*The camera cannot take photos under water. Images can only be shot by remote operation from a smartphone.
- Equipped with a tripod screw for attachment of a wide variety of camera accessories.
|Product name||TH-1 Hard Case|
|Product color (base)||Black|
2) TS-1 Soft Case – Slot-in type storage case that is functional yet protects your camera
- Designed to be small and light just like your RICOH THETA , and easy to carry around. Made of synthetic leather and available in two color variations, black or white.
- Can be stored with the optional “strap attachment” attached
|Product name||TS-1 Soft Case|
|Product color||White, black|
3. Firmware release (version 1.30) for RICOH THETA (m15)
- Maximum recording time for one video is increased to 5 minutes from the current 3 minutes.
- The total recording time on the RICOH THETA (m15) is increased to approximately 60 minutes from the conventional 40 minutes.
|Name||Firmware release (version 1.30) for RICOH THETA (m15)|
|Version update method||Firmware can be updated using either of the “RICOH THETA for Windows®” or “RICOH THETA for Mac” computer applications.|
– Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
– Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
– Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
– Instagram is a trademark of Instagram LLC.
– iPod touch and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc.
– iPhone is a trademark of AIPHONE CO.LTD. in Japan and is used under license.
– IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
News Release in PDF Format
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2015, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,231 billion yen (approx. 18.5 billion USD).
The majority of the company’s revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Under its corporate tagline, imagine. change. Ricoh helps companies transform the way they work and harness the collective imagination of their employees.
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com/about/
Information in the news releases is true and accurate at the time of publication.
Manufacture, sales, price and specifications of products may be subject to change.