This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Olympus: New OM-D E-M5 Mark II Limited Edition (Body or Kit): Available from June 2015; Limited to 7,000 Sets Worldwide (To be available from June 2015), and
- Olympus: New Firmware Version 3.1 for OM-D E-M1 (Micro Four Thirds System Standard Compliant) and Version 1.2 for OM-D E-M5 Mark II: Available in June 2015.
Olympus recently informed us that the new firmware updates for OM-D E-M1 and E-M5 Mark II will become available June 16, 2015.
Key Features of OM-D E-M1 Firmware Version 3.1
- LV Boost II: assists vision in starscape photography.
- LV Boost II which lets you display the Live View five EV steps brighter than the current LV Boost I, making it much easier to compose shots and confirm focus of darker scenes such as starscapes.
- Underwater Picture Mode: provides vivid colours and beautiful reproduction of blues for underwater photography.
In addition, Underwater Picture Mode has been added, which, when combined with Underwater White Balance, adjusts settings for perfect underwater shots no matter what PASM shooting mode you are in.
Key Feature of E-M5 Mark II Firmware Version 1.2
- The E-M5 Mark II’s Ver.1.2 firmware update brings this Underwater Picture Mode to the newest OM-D model (E-M5 Mark II comes equipped with LV Boost II to begin with).
These firmware updates will further enhance the performance of the M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO and M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO lenses for which the releases were just announced last week.