The following video presents Olympus OM-D E-M1:
Move into a New World with the Flagship Olympus OM-D E-M1 Compact System Camera. Olympus’ new E-M1 compact system camera combines the highest in imaging performance, durability and powerful EVF for an immersive photographic experience.
Dual FAST AF Technology allows users of both the Four Thirds and micro Four Thirds systems to use their lenses at their maximum performance. Wi-Fi functionality allows users to share images, wirelessly control their camera and have Live View streamed to their smart phone or tablet
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Olympus: New Weather-Sealed M.ZUIKO DIGITAL PRO Lenses are Compact, Lightweight, Ultra Wide: ED 7-14mm f2.8 PRO Zoom + ED 8mm F1.8 Fisheye PRO – the World’s First with f/1.8 Aperture (To be available in June 2015), and
- Olympus: New OM-D E-M5 Mark II Limited Edition (Body or Kit): Available from June 2015; Limited to 7,000 Sets Worldwide (To be available from June 2015).
Also available in June, Olympus announced the latest firmware Version 3.1 for the Olympus OM-D E-M1 (Micro Four Thirds System standard compliant) and Version 1.2 for the OM-D E-M5 Mark II.
Olympus OM-D E-M1’s Firmware Version 3.1
To further underwater shooting ability, Olympus announced a dedicated underwater case for E-M1, the PT-EP11, withstanding water pressure to a depth of 45m.
- Pair the PT-EP11 with Underwater Wide and Underwater Macro settings to capture vividly-colored photos and video underwater, and Underwater White Balance to automatically detect and correct colors underwater.
In addition to white balance, exposure and flash compensation, the new Underwater Picture Mode allows the user to adjust aperture and shutter speed operations, ensuring underwater photos with the perfect balance of vivid colors and natural underwater blue tones.
LV Boost II is also added to the OM-D E-M1 to assist with star scape photography and Night vision performance is improved for sharper images of even dark subjects such as stars on the Live View screen.
- LV Boost can be assigned for each function such as Live Composite and M mode.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II’s Firmware Version 1.2
- Underwater Picture Mode has been added to the E-M5 Mark II as well.
The following video presents One Minute with Olympus – Weathersealing:
If you get caught out in the rain or accidentally spill water on your camera, it will be fine. The OM-D E-M5 Mark II is splashproof, dustproof and freezeproof.