This is an update to the previous blog, Nikon: New ‘I AM Generation Image’ Integrated Campaign and Website.
This contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
…Nikon Inc. has announced the #IAmNextContest to search for the next passionate individual to share their story for a chance to be featured as the next representative of Generation Image.
…all members of Generation Image are encouraged to upload their photos or videos to either Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #IAmNextContest. This is a chance for these individuals to reveal to the world what they are passionate about, and have their message reach further than ever before.
In addition to being featured among seven others on Iamgenerationimage.com, the crowd-sourced winner will receive a complete Nikon D750 camera system, and a platform to tell their story to the world…
Enter the #IAmNextContest with a photo or video that tells your story….and win the same camera case used by our storytellers, including a Nikon D750, NIKKOR lenses and other gear to ensure you’re heard loud and clear. Share your story through imagery with #IAmNextContest…
Show the world how you make yourself heard in Generation Image with a photo or video under two minutes in length.
Upload your photo or video to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #IAmNextContest. Show us what you’re passionate about and why your story should be heard among the billions of images created by Generation Image every day. If selected as a finalist, we will message you directly. Follow us on Facebook, or at @NikonUSA on Instagram and Twitter, where we’ll also announce the finalists.
Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (1): The Grand Prize Winner will receive a camera case that includes the following items (“Grand Prize”):
- Pelican Case – $249.50 ARV
- Nikon D750 Camera body – $2,299.95 ARV
- AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens – $1,299.95 ARV
- AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens – $219.95 ARV
- ME-1 Stereo Microphone – $139.95 ARV
- Nikon Micro Fiber Lens Cleaning Cloth – $4.95 ARV
- Manfrotto 293 Aluminum 3 Section Tripod – $149.99 ARV
- SanDisk 32GB SDHC Card – $29.99 ARV
- Toshiba Canivo Slim II 1TB – $61.97 ARV
Contest Phase: Start Date (at 12:00 AM ET) and End Date (at 11:59:59 PM ET)
- Entry Phase: 2/3/15 – 3/3/15
- Submissions will be accepted from 12:00 am EST on 2/3/15 to 11:59 pm EST 3/3/15.
- Judging Phase: 3/4/15 – 3/23/15
- Voting Phase: 3/24/15 – 4/7/15
- Upload your photo or video under two minutes in length to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #IAmNextContest.
- No purchase necessary to enter.
- During the Judging Phase, all eligible entries received during the Entry Phase will be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by the Sponsor to determine the potential three (3) finalists (“Finalists”) based on a 100 point scale. The Judges will score each eligible entry according to the following judging criteria:
- 50 points story perspective or view: this is the unique perspective of the Entrant’s passion, and will factor in the interest or story that they want to share through the entry description and originality; and
- 50 points photographic skill: this is the composition, lighting, focus and overall appearance of having an eye for photography.
- During the Voting Phase, a person may vote for his/her favorite Finalist entry. In order to vote the voter must visit http://iamgenerationimage.nikonusa.com and follow the onscreen instructions to sign in with their social media identification (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and vote. Each voter may vote one (1) time per day during the Voting Phase. Votes received from any person or e-mail address or household in excess of this limitation will be void.
- Follow them on Facebook, or at @NikonUSA on Instagram and Twitter, where they will also announce the finalists.
…PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the prize, each Entrant (and the parent or legal guardian of any minor depicted in the entry) agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his or her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, entry and statements for Contest, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide including, but not limited to, in live television, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law…
February 4, 2015
Nikon Inc. Announces the Search for the Next Great Storyteller to Stand Out as Part of Generation Image
Consumers with Great Stories Invited to Share Photos Using #IAmNextContest for a Chance to Win a Nikon Camera and be Featured as the Next Voice of Generation Image
MELVILLE, NY– Today, Nikon Inc. has announced the #IAmNextContest to search for the next passionate individual to share their story for a chance to be featured as the next representative of Generation Image. This contest is the latest component of the “I Am Generation Image” integrated campaign, Nikon’s platform to amplify the voices of individuals who want to stand out in a world of visual noise. In addition to being featured among seven others on Iamgenerationimage.com, the crowd-sourced winner will receive a complete Nikon D750 camera system, and a platform to tell their story to the world.“Each and every one of us shares more visual content than ever before, and we all have amazing stories to share; but with all of this visual noise, it’s easy for our images and their intent to get lost. With this contest we want to invite more people to share what they are passionate about with the world and be heard,” said Lisa Baxt, Associate General Manager of Communications, Nikon Inc.
Whether it’s family, a project, a hobby or a charitable cause, we all have something we want to share far beyond our immediate social networks. Starting today, all members of Generation Image are encouraged to upload their photos or videos to either Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #IAmNextContest. This is a chance for these individuals to reveal to the world what they are passionate about, and have their message reach further than ever before. The submission period will close on March 3, 2015, and finalists will be announced in late March 2015. From these finalists, the community will vote for the winner whose story needs to be shared.
The winner will receive the same full-featured camera kit used by the other individuals representing Generation Image and will be invited to become a part of the campaign. Along with the acclaimed Nikon D750 DSLR camera, the winner will get a full complement of lenses and accessories, including the AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4 VR, AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G ED and telephoto AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4 VR lenses, to ensure that their images are captured with maximum clarity and fidelity. The winner will also have an opportunity to be featured prominently on the IAmGenerationImage web site, which is an immersive portal celebrating this generation as the first to overwhelmingly express themselves through images on a global scale.
About the Nikon “I Am Generation Image” Campaign
The concept of “Generation Image” was born from a desire to understand people’s relationships with their images. After extensive research, it became clear that the number of images captured and shared every day is significantly increasing, and that quality is critical to celebrate and purposefully represent the motivations of this new generation of image makers. Across the country, people are using their cameras as a tool to share what is important to them and each have the potential for significant impact. From families or hobbies, personal causes to accomplishments, this new segment of creative individuals enjoys expressing and sharing what they are passionate about through photos and videos. On social media channels, the hashtag #IAmGenerationImage is a rallying cry. It echoes the desire to deliver the best images possible, in order to convey emotions and passions that rise above the noise. “I Am Generation Image” reminds us that we are all part of this generation, and Nikon will enable our stories to ring loud, true and authentic.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™. Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables users to tell their stories through amazing photos and videos. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics as well as the Nikon 1 compact interchangeable lens camera system. Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., recently celebrated its 80th anniversary of NIKKOR optics, and announced the production of over 90 million NIKKOR lenses in 2014, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. For more information, dial (800) NIKON-US or visit http://www.nikonusa.com, which links all levels of photographers to the Web’s most comprehensive photo learning and sharing communities. Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo and Flickr.