The following video presents The new Fujifilm X-T1 interchangeable lens camera:
Fujifilm is delighted to announce the X-T1, the latest addition to the award-winning X-Series range. A premium interchangeable lens camera, the X-T1 features evolved SLR-style handling, mechanical dials and weather-resistance (when paired with a weather resistant X mount lens), together with all the benefits of an X-Series camera, such as compact size, excellent mobility and high-speed performance.
This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Fujifilm: New Firmware Update V.4.20 (December 17, 2015) at No Cost for X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Digital Cameras: Updated Auto Focus System Features, Optional Flashgun in Bracketing/Continuous Shooting, Focus Zoom & More, and
For more info and to download the firmware version 4.30, please visit http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt1/ .
FUJIFILM X-T1 Firmware update 4.30 to further enhance X-T1 operability is available for download
February 4, 2016
Fujifilm Corporation is pleased to announce the release of firmware version 4.30 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition.
As part of our continued effort to improve functionality of your camera, this latest firmware upgrades X-T1 cameras to add additional features requested by many users. It also makes the camera fully compatible with the FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens that was announced on January 15th, 2016.
＜ Firmware release date ＞
February 4th, 2016
＜ Firmware version ＞
＜ Improvements with this firmware update ＞
- Using flashguns in Bracketing/Continuous shooting modes
Optional flashguns can now be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
- Instant AF Setting in manual focus
Focus and exposure can now be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
- AF+MF operation with AF-L button
When using the AF-L button to lock focus in AF+MF mode, you can still adjust the focus more accurately using the lens’s focusing ring.
- Focus zoom in AF+MF
The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and you can fine tune focusing using the lens’s focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
- Additional Custom Display options
Functions have been added to the DISP. CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu. Choose the information you want, then concentrate on shooting.
Focus frame / Shooting mode / Information background / Focus mode / Shutter type / Continuous mode / Dual IS mode / Movie mode / Blur warning
- The Fn7 Button
The movie-record button can now be used as a Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
- Fully compatible with FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR
To be fully compatible with the lens, the new firmware supports focus limiter function for FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.
＜ Firmware ver. 4.00 (released in June 2015) brought substantial improvements to the following functions: ＞
- New AF system with Zone and Wide/Tracking modes
- Improvement of AF accuracy
- Eye Detection AF
- Auto Macro mode
- AF improvement in the Movie mode
- Improved Shutter Speed Dial operation
- Exposure Compensation control in Manual.
- Finer lines on the framing grid to enhance visibility
- Name of Silent mode changed to avoid confusion
＜ Firmware ver. 3.00 (released in December 2014) brought substantial improvements to the following functions: ＞
- High-speed electronic shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000sec.
- Option to mute the shutter sound
- Classic Chrome Film Simulation mode for more creativity
- Natural Live View function – just like the naked eye
- EVF / LCD Color Control
- AF+MF function for seamless manual focusing
- Direct selection of AF area
- Interchangeable AE-L / AF-L buttons
- Ability to change the size of the Focus frame in Manual Focus
- Direct selection of Macro mode
- Customizable Q. Menu
- New video frame rates (50P / 25P / 24P)
- Manual shooting in Video mode
- Phase detection AF support for Instant AF
- Interlocking of metering and focus areas
- Shutter speed range expanded in Program Shift mode from 1/4sec to a maximum of 4 seconds
- Additional settings in Function(Fn) options
- Instax Printer print
- Software lock function added to avoid accidental button pressing
- Custom white balance options expanded from one to three
- Greater choice of EVF / LCD display options when shooting in the Manual exposure mode
- Support for PC-tethered shooting with HS-V5 software
- Ability to change Face Detection functionality in Focus-Frame Selection AF
- When pressing AE-L button, exposure is reflected in live view
- When AF is locked by pressing AF-L button, the AF lock is maintained during zooming
- Icon added to show RAW shooting is not available when an expanded sensitivity range is selected in RAW shooting.
[ Firmware update ]
This firmware is exclusive to the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition. Firmware is software that controls the camera body.
[ Product information ]
For inquiries on information in this media release, contact:
Please contact your nearest Fujifilm office.
For information on Fujifilm subsidiaries and distributors, please access the following URL.
The following video presents FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition:
Since its launch, the X-T1 has received high praise from photography enthusiasts and professional photographers around the globe thanks to its outstanding features, including the world’s fastest Real Time Viewfinder with a display lag-time of just 0.005 sec, the highest display magnification (0.77x), and a dust and water-resistant body.
You can buy the FUJIFILM X-T1 / X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition X-Series digital camera as well as the FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens at B&H:
- Fujifilm X-T1 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only)
- Fujifilm X-T1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-55mm Lens
- Fujifilm X-T1 Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Graphite Silver Edition)
- Fujifilm X-T1 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 18-135mm Lens (Black)
- Fujifilm XF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens