We have found a malfunction in the firmware ver.4.20 launched on December 17 2015, which rarely causes freeze when shooting in AF-C mode. So we will suspend the disclosure of this firmware right away.
We apologize for your inconvenience which this may cause.
We will post an upgraded firmware around the end of January 2016 to solve it.
As a tentative solution for customers who have upgraded their cameras to firmware ver.4.20, we have prepared the new firmware version of 4.21 whose functions are same as the previous version of 4.10. Please update your cameras to ver.4.21 to avoid the malfunction.
Fujifilm has recalled Firmware upgrade Ver.4.20 due to a possible problem. If you have already, install Ver.4.21 to restore back to Ver.4.10.
The following video presents Interview with an X-Photographer – Andrew Hall:
- Professional Motorsport photographer Andrew Hall uses the FUJIFILM X-T1 camera with FUJIFILM XF50-140mm lens and FUJINON XF1.4x TC WR teleconverter.
Fujifilm recently announced a new Firmware Update V.4.20 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition X-Series digital cameras that includes updated auto focus system features.
FUJIFILM ANNOUNCES NEW FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE X-T1
New firmware V.4.20 delivers updated Auto Focus system features, along with several other key upgrades for longer camera lifespan.
Valhalla, N.Y., December 17, 2015 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation announced a new Firmware Update V.4.20 for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition X-Series digital cameras that includes updated auto focus system features. Users will also experience instant auto focus that can now be locked when using manual focus for still images and video, Optional Flashgun in Bracketing/Continuous shooting, Focus Zoom, additional Custom Display options, and the movie-record button now doubles as an FN button – all for enhanced visibility and image composition, and longer camera lifespan. The new firmware will be available for free on December 17.
Firmware update coming December 2015 (X-T1 Graphite Silver and X-T1 Black)
The free, comprehensive firmware update coming on December 17 is specially designed for the FUJIFILM X-T1 and FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition, and will give users thrilling new features and controls to dramatically enhance their X-T1 shooting experience, including:
1. Instant AF Setting in manual focus – Focus and exposure can now be locked when the AF-L button is used in manual focus mode. You can shoot after locking AF and AE with your thumb.
2. AF+MF operation with AF-L button – The AF-L button can be used to lock focus in AF+MF mode and you can adjust the focus more accurately using the lens’s focusing ring.
3. Focus zoom in AF+MF – The FOCUS ASSIST button can be used for focus zoom and fine tuning focus using the lens’s focusing ring with focus zoom activated.
4. Flashgun in Bracketing/Continuous Shooting – Optional flashguns can now be used for bracketing and burst photography. When using the EF-X8, which is bundled with the X-T1, the flash fires in ISO, FILM SIMULATION and WHITE BALANCE BKT modes.
5. Additional Custom Display Options – Functions have been added to the DISPLAY CUSTOM SETTING option in the setup menu. Users can choose what they want, then concentrate on shooting. Additional options include: Focus frame/Shooting mode / Information background /Focus mode/Shutter Type/Continuous mode/Dual IS mode/Movie mode /Blur warning
6. Fn7 Button – The movie-record button now doubles as an Fn button (Fn7). Press and hold DISP/BACK to select what it controls.
The FUJIFILM X-T1 firmware will be available on December 17.
About FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Electronic Imaging
For more information, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com/northamerica, go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter, or go to www.facebook.com/FujifilmNorthAmerica to Like Fujifilm on Facebook. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including: healthcare, with medical systems, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics; graphic systems; highly functional materials, such as flat panel display materials; optical devices, such as broadcast and cinema lenses; digital imaging; and document products. These are based on a vast portfolio of chemical, mechanical, optical, electronic, software and production technologies. In the year ended March 31, 2015, the company had global revenues of $22.7 billion, at an exchange rate of 110 yen to the dollar. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit: www.fujifilmholdings.com.All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
The following video presents Behind the Scenes by João Carlos | X-Photographer:
Take a look at the behind the scenes of Portuguese X-Photographer João Carlos in action at the shooting studio taking portraits with his X-T1 and XF56mmF1.2.
You can buy the FUJIFILM X-T1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition X-Series digital cameras at B&H: