The following video presents Mystical Marrakech | Street Photography with Zack Arias and the X-T1:
Zack Arias spent three days in Marrakech, Morocco with the FujiFilm X-T1 and shared a few tips and tricks on getting the best out of your camera for street photography.
All still images are from the FujiFilm X-T1 using the following lenses: The new 10-24mm, 27mm F2.8 Pancake lens, the 23mm F1.4 lens.
Filmed, Edited & Produced by Harun Yasin Tuna
Fujifilm invites you to the following events:
FUJIFILM Evening with Zack Arias: FREE Admission
When: Saturday, September 19, 6.30 – 7.30 Zack Talk. 7.30 – 8.00PM Q&A.
Where: The Theatre at Meydenbauer Center, Meydenbauer Center, 11100 NE 6th St, Bellevue, WA 98004, United States
- Zack Arias, an editorial and commercial photographer, will share his tips and techniques for blending into the scene and candidly capturing the people and places around you.
- FREE to Attend but registration is a must.
- Please register your space at http://gulfphotoplus.com/popup/fujiregister .
Fujifilm “#PopUPwithFujifilm” Ticket Sweepstakes
Enter the Fujifilm “#PopUPwithFujifilm” Ticket Sweepstakes to kick off the week and celebrate Fujifilm’s new social media handles via a last-minute photo contest on Instagram!
- Enter for a chance to win a ticket to PopUp GPP Seattle Sept 19 and 20.
Learn from the best
Join PopUp GPP’s stellar line-up – Zack Arias, Gregory Heisler, David Hobby and Joe McNally – for an unforgettable weekend of photography learning, inspiration and fun. In two jam-packed days you’ll learn from each of the photographers in four carefully planned sessions designed to boost your photography skills, creativity and career. See inside the mind of a lighting master, understand the creative thought processes of legendary photographers and pick up invaluable business tips from social media icons.
We’ll also be planning some exciting social events, special offers from our partners and many other activities around PopUP GPP Seattle
Who is PopUP Aimed At?
PopUP GPP is aimed at amateur photographers to seasoned pros. You will learn new tricks and new ways to use old tricks by some of the world’s top photographers! Whether its photographing subjects in the studio, on-location, street, corporate, fashion and more, you don’t want to miss this. From posing and directing to lighting and refining your light and more importantly how to be motivated and inspired to go out and do better photography, this is for you. Just come with an open mind (and a good grasp of the fundamentals of photography and basic lighting) and leave inspired!
Info about the PopUp program is available at http://gulfphotoplus.com/popup/seattle#Program .
No Purchase is Necessary to enter the #PopUPwithFujifilm Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, and Washington, D.C., who are 14 years of age or older at time of entry and who have completed the FUJIFILM “#PopUPwithFujifilm” Ticket Sweepstakes.
- Internet access and an active instagram profile are required to enter this sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes will close and no more entries will be accepted as of September 16, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST.
- Final random drawing is currently anticipated to be on or about September 17, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. EST.
Prizes. TOTAL ARV OF PRIZES to be awarded: $499. All prizes will be awarded and shipped to prize winners at Sponsor’s expense.
One (1) Grand Prize:
One (1) ticket to attend PopUP GPP Seattle Sept 19 and Sept 20 to include presentations with Zack & Joe / David & Greg. (ARV: $499)
* Airfare and hotel accommodations are not included in ticket/prize.
- To enter, during the Sweeps Period, post a photo that you took of Seattle, using your personal Instagram account, and tag #PopUPwithFujifilm and #FujifilmX_US in your photo’s description.
- Plus, follow Fujifilm’s new X-Series Instagram account @FujifilmX_US. Use of someone else’s Instagram account is not permitted.
- Entry must include both “@FujifilmX_US” and “#PopUPwithFujifilm and #FujifilmX_US” as a caption.
- Posting a photo on Instagram requires a mobile device and therefore message and data fees may apply.
- In order for your entry to be valid, the “Photos are Private” option in your Instagram account settings must be set to “OFF” so that your Instagram profile is public and thus viewable by the Sponsor and its agents. The entry photograph will be associated with and posted alongside all other Sweepstakes entrants, and made public through Instagram, during the Sweepstakes Period (September 14, 2015 at 3:30 p.m EST – September 16, 2015 at 11 p.m. EST) and thereafter until the Sweeps site is removed by Fujifilm. The entrant acknowledges this association and the public nature of the entry posting and agrees to such as a condition to participation in the Sweeps.
…Except with respect to the personal image of the entrant appearing in the photo, all entries will become the property of Fujifilm upon receipt…
In no event will your personal information be provided by Sponsors to any third party for third party use. The privacy policies and terms and conditions of the Sponsors can be found at www.fujifilmusa.com. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to all of the terms and conditions of the privacy policies and website terms and conditions of the Sponsors…
Prize winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram to their Instagram account. A valid email address will be required for further communications regarding the prize award, including for transmitting required documentation. The prize winner and their parent/legal guardian will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility / Liability Release confirming the winner’s identification and eligibility, and releasing Fujifilm and Instagram from liability relating to the prize awarded…
Please read the full Official Sweepstakes Rules at http://fujifilm.votigo.com/sections/showcontestrules/PopUpWithFujifilm (pdf).
Also, you can view the entries at http://fujifilm.votigo.com/fbcontests/viewallentries/PopUpWithFujifilm .
Enjoy and Good Luck!
The following video presents Zack Arias and the Fuji X Pro 1 Shoot Up the Streets of Atlanta:
Thursday Throwback: By Complex Magazine
If you ask 10 different photographers what makes a great photograph, you’lll surely wind up with 10 different answers. However, there are three constants: a subject, a photographer, and a camera. For our new series, Shots Fired, we wanted to put the hottest cameras in the hands of the best photographers and let them loose to shoot whatever subjects their hearts desired.
Zack Arias, an editorial and commercial photographer based in Atlanta describes his style as “simple, straightforward, bold, classic, true, and straight from camera.” His work has been featured in TIME, USA Today, and AFP. He’s also done some work for Sony Music, BMI, and Elektra. His resume is serious. You can head to his personal site to learn more.
Arias brings along the retro-styled Fujifilm X-Pro1, and takes us on a tour of his native ATL.