The following video presents True Key by Intel Security – Now you are the password.:
True Key™ by Intel Security
The easier, safer way to unlock your digital world.
Get the FREE app today at www.truekey.com
True Key™ by Intel Security is changing the way the world logs in. With the True Key app, you are the password. You can use multiple things unique to you – like your face, fingerprint or 2nd device you own – giving you control of your digital identity, and the ability to unlock access to your apps and websites in an easier, safer way, without the hassle of multiple passwords.
Intel Security Continues to Innovate as Consumer Security Needs Evolve
Services Help Protect Users’ Data, Identity and Privacy, Keeping Connected Consumers Safe from Online Threats
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – September 15, 2015 – Intel Security today announced the availability of its new consumer security services designed to safeguard consumers’ ever-evolving digital lives. The new product line now includes True Key™ by Intel Security. It also extends unlimited* cross-device protection beyond the McAfee LiveSafe™ service to McAfee AntiVirus Plus, McAfee Internet Security and McAfee Total Protection.
There are six new online threats found every second, according to a recent Intel Security report. Plus, the average U.S. consumer now owns four connected devices and spends 60 hours a week online across those devices. As digital security threats increase and consumers use more devices and apps in more locations, there is a need to deliver innovations that transcend malware protection to include protection of devices, personal data and identity. Intel Security is working to address this need by providing consumers with multiple cross-device security offerings that help users better secure their devices and personal data.
“Today digital security must go beyond antivirus technology. It’s an imperative for everyone who connects online to have layered security to afford them the best possible protection,” said John Giamatteo, corporate vice president and general manager of consumer at Intel Security. “It’s time to think and act differently in such a way that fundamentally alters the way we will protect our customers. We are doing just that by integrating and extending security in ways we think will profoundly enhance our abilities to detect and protect against the latest threats.”
New Consumer Security Line-Up Designed to Better Protect Entire Digital Life
The new consumer security services focus on helping to protect consumers’ digital lives regardless of where they are, what device they use or where they store their personal data. The products deliver protection against threats, such as malware, hacking and phishing attacks, and device-specific protection in case of loss or theft while also helping to secure their identity across the devices they use.
Key new features and enhancements include:
- Cross Device Security: Services now provide protection against viruses and the latest online threats on every Windows PC, Mac, Android and iOS device that a user owns.
- New Scan, Discover, Protect Technology: Enables users to scan home networks for unprotected devices in order to easily provision and protect those devices with their security service.
- Sign-In Without Passwords: Newly integrated True Key™ by Intel Security is a cross platform, multi-factor authentication application that makes it easier and safer to log in. True Key allows consumers to log into mobile apps, websites, and devices using a combination of factors such as their face, fingerprint or devices. The premium version is included in McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection and McAfee LiveSafe™.
- Improved Mobile Protection: Mobile device security offers new features such as a home screen widget to quickly perform essential tasks and a battery optimizer feature to increase battery life across devices.
- New Wearable Security: The mobile security capability also extends security measures to Android Wear watches. It helps users prevent mobile or wearable device loss, stay on top of mobile threats and boost mobile device performance – all from their watch.
- Access to the Next Generation of Browsing Protection: McAfee WebAdvisor now checks for active anti-virus and firewall protection, identifies compromised passwords, and helps users make smarter decisions when they are online.
With these additional features and enhancements, consumers get a safer and seamless online experience that allows them to manage security from almost any device.
For pricing, availability and more information on the consumer product line-up, please visit: https://home.mcafee.com/
The U.S. Digital Consumer Report, Nielsen, February 2014
McAfee Labs Threat Report, Intel Security, May 2015
About Intel Security
McAfee is now part of Intel Security. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique McAfee Global Threat Intelligence, Intel Security is intensively focused on developing proactive, proven security solutions and services that protect systems, networks, and mobile devices for business and personal use around the world. Intel Security is combining the experience and expertise of McAfee with the innovation and proven performance of Intel to make security an essential ingredient in every architecture and on every computing platform. The mission of Intel Security is to give everyone the confidence to live and work safely and securely in the digital world. www.intelsecurity.com.
McAfee Canada, now part of Intel Security, maintains a website called “The State of Consumer and Enterprise Security in Canada” (http://mcaf.ee/canadastats) in order to provide a one-stop shop for writers looking for information on a variety of trends and issues affecting and shaping the Canadian security landscape. Feel free to check out the McAfee Canada resource site for security information, statistics, story ideas, and access to published McAfee surveys and studies.
No computer system can be absolutely secure.
*License(s) is (are) for personal use on all supported devices you own for the duration of your subscription. McAfee security services cover PCs, Macs, Androids, iPads® and iPhones®. Some features are not available on iPad and iPhone.
Note: Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. McAfee, McAfee LiveSafe and the McAfee logo are trademarks of McAfee Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
**Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
© 2015 Intel Corporation
The following video presents Introducing Intel Security Safe Family:
Intel™ Security Safe Family
Make the digital world a safer place for your kids to explore.
Get 6 months free by downloading today at: http://bit.ly/1IfbDJ4
Gone are the days of the single PC in the family room. Children are using smartphones, tablets, desktops or laptops for everything – education, communication, productivity, and entertainment. Safe Family is the simpler, smarter and more engaging way to keep your family safe while you’re on the go.