What is PHOTOGraphie Professional Photography Festival? Vancouver photography for photographer with workshops, guest speakers and camera gears. Filmed by Waynes World Studio.
PHOTOGraphie professional photography festival is produced by the Professional Photographers of Canada (PPOC) – British Columbia Region, and held in conjunction with Beau Photo’s Fusion 2015.
- Join them September 25 – 28, 2015 at the Anvil Centre, New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada.
The festival aims to engage and motivate photographers and the local community through art, conversation and education. For four days, community members and BC youth, along with amateur and professional photographers are invited to participate in this interactive event. Be inspired and share the value of photography through a variety of educational events, gallery exhibitions and image competitions.
Some FREE events of the festival include:
- Image Competition Judging – Thursday, September 24th – FREE, Drop In
- Everyone is welcome to drop in and watch the Professional Photographers of Canada – BC Region’s judging live. This competition is for PPOC-BC members, who enter their images in hopes they will be selected for the BC Salon and displayed during the Gallery Exhibition.
- SONY Gallery Exhibition – Saturday, Sept 26th – Monday, Sept 28th – FREE, Drop In
- The exhibition display is open to the public during the PHOTOGraphie festival. Drop in anytime to view the curated display and perhaps find a piece of art for your home. The call for submissions was open to ALL photographic enthusiasts so the work covers many genres of photographic art. Also on display are the top youth entries from BC high school students.
- Save On Foods Creative Crawl – Saturday, Sept 26th – FREE, Ticket Required
- A unique opportunity to join other photographers and artists on a walking tour through some of New Westminster’s most relevant art spaces and galleries. This self-guided tour is limited to 60 participants who will travel in small groups. Be sure to reserve your spot early at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/photographie-2015-4309-0021-tickets-17754330681
- Photographic Micro Talks – Saturday, Sept 26th – FREE, Drop In
- These micro talks on a variety of photographic subjects take place throughout the day and are gear to the public and photo enthusiasts. See the schedule for the follows talk times: How to Click with your Kids (tips for taking better photos of your children), Choosing the Right Wedding Photographer for You, Buying a Digital Camera, and Instant Gratification (learn about the Impossible Project Method). Drop in and see what you will learn.
- Gala Awards Presentation – Sunday, Sept 27th – FREE, Drop In
- Don’t miss this opportunity to watch the imagery and celebrate the winners of PPOC-BC’s 2015 Image Competition. The awards presentations are free to watch and follow networking time with a cash bar and silent auction. If you wish, you may add a banquet ticket and top the evening off with a wonderful meal amongst the gallery art.
Nikon is one of the sponsors of this year’s PHOTOGraphie Festival.
- If you’re planning to attend this event, or Fusion 2015 (taking place on September 27 at the same location), make sure you stop by the Industry Expo and visit them at the Nikon booth!
The full schedule of all events at the festival is available at http://www.photographiefestival.ca/schedule-2/.
Ticket info is available at http://www.photographiefestival.ca/register-2/ .
Enjoy / Amusez vous bien!
03 ThursdaySep 2015
SONY sponsored Open Exhibition announcement!
This is an open themed exhibit and brought in talented works from PPOC members, the community, camera club members and of course, will also showcase work from our keynote speaker Ken Sklute.
You can expect to see all kinds of beautiful photography this year such as:
- Underwater Photography and much more!
Artworks Gallery in Vancouver kindly curated this year’s show.
The artists exhibiting this year are:
- Anna Beaudry
- Terry Beaupre
- Alison Beaumont
- Michele Broadfoot
- Sophie Bujold
- Renee Charboneau
- Jillian Chateauneuf
- Carol Coleman
- Carolina de la Cajiga
- Ellie Ericson
- Karen Evans
- Gabor Gasztonyi
- Joshua Hergesheimer
- Margaret Hines
- Tristan Joe
- Jennifer Lamb
- David Long
- Jason Manchester
- Doug Matthews
- Craig Minielly
- Ross Outerbridge
- Kim Pasacreta
- Ali Penko
- Larry Scherban
- David Simka
- Danielle Sinclair
- Kerri-Jo Stewart
- Grant Withers
- Melissa Woodward
- Paul Wright
- Ivan Yastrebov
Don’t forget to check out the Youth Photography hanging in the show as part of the NIKON sponsored Youth Photography Contest.
One lucky youth will be going home with a brand new NIKON camera!!
Spread the word to your community as there will be so much to see. Invite your neighbors and friends to join the opening gala September 25th from 6-10pm! For $10, they can come be the first to see the show, mingle, enjoy scrumptious H’ors D’oeuvres and have a drink (or two!) from the full cash bar! Anyone can get a ticket here.
It’s a show they won’t want to miss and it will be at the brand new Anvil Centre in New Westminster BC. Conveniently located right across the street from the skytrain, you can plan on enjoying the evening without worrying about driving after the party!
We look forward to seeing you there!