The following video presents Carl Zeiss Lenses – What’s your ambition Harold Davis?:
“Harold Davis is a well-known digital artist and award-winning professional photographer.“
The ZEISS Photography Award is a highly prestigious international photo competition run jointly by ZEISS and the World Photography Organisation (WPO). This 2017 competition is the second edition of the ZEISS Photography Award ‘Seeing Beyond’, with the theme “Meaningful places”.
Our lenses enable photographers to achieve superior imaging quality, and the ZEISS Photography Award is an expression of our dedication to premium-quality photography.
The lenses are mere tools – the real value of the images is down to the photographers and their flair for creativity.
Dr. Winfried Scherle, Executive Vice President and Head of the Consumer Optics business group at ZEISS
ZEISS Photography Award 2017
Pushing the limits of creativity
The motto “Seeing beyond – meaningful places” will also be used for the 2017 competition and accorded greater artistic significance. Photographers therefore have the chance to use their creative flair to lend unique places a special meaning and express this through their medium.
The goal is to push the limits of creativity and grow as photographers. They could be places with a particular historical or future value, or perhaps places that exude adventure, the wonders of nature or depict a journey to a faraway place.
Use your creative flair to lend unique places a special meaning & enter the
#ZEISS Photography Award 2017.
- The winner of the ZEISS Photography Award 2017 will receive ZEISS camera lenses of their own choosing to a value of €12,000 (12,711.60 US Dollar at the current exchange rate), as well as €3,000 (3,177.90 US Dollar at the current exchange rate) to put towards a photo trip.
- He/she will attend a gala dinner in London on 20 April 2017 and their photos will be showcased at the Sony World Photography Award Exhibition at Somerset House in London.
- All flight and hotel expenses for the gala dinner in London will be covered.
- The winner will also get the chance to work with ZEISS on an individual basis.
Closing date: February 7, 2017 – 11:59pm GMT
- All entrants must be over 18.
- The Competition is free to enter.
- Submit a series of 5 to 10 photos complete with descriptions.
The jury is looking for photos that reflect different perspectives as well as free interpretations of the terms “meaning” and “place.”
- The winner will be announced on 14 March 2017.
For other important info, including the rules, and to enter the competition, please visit:
- https://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_de/website/landing_pages/zeiss-photography-award-2017.html, and
- https://www.worldphoto.org/zeiss-camera-lenses/2017/zeiss .
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
The following video presents ZEISS Moments:
“Learn about the entire spectrum of ZEISS and its expertise. The short video tells a story of passion, recognition, precision, progress, responsibility, trust, inspiration and fascination — these are characteristics with which the high quality products of ZEISS are associated.
ZEISS is an international leader in the fields of optics and optoelectronics. We develop and produce solutions for the semiconductor, automotive and mechanical engineering industries, biomedical research and medical technology, as well as eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetariums.
To learn more about the areas of expertise in which ZEISS excels, watch this video and visit www.zeiss.com.”