Sony recently announced a new documentary filmmaker competition to bring creative documentary storytelling to the forefront of filmmaking.
A lot can happen in 60 seconds – shoot your 1-minute documentary film on any subject that grabs your interest.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- This competition is open to residents of the following countries: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, FYRO Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and United Kingdom.
- The competition is not open to employees of the Promoter, their family members, or anyone connected with the competition.
- The winner of the competition will win a Sony PXW-FS7M2K camera.
- The runner up will win a Sony α7S II camera (ILCE-7SM2).
The following video presents Sony | XDCAM | FS7 II Introduction Video:
“This function video introduces our new professional camcorder PXW-FS7M2’s usability including the intelligence of Sony’s unique Electronic Variable ND Filter, the E-mount with all-new lever lock system, and many mechanical improvements from the original FS7 to best suit to documentary type of shooting.”
To receive your entry pack, including instructions of how to submit your video, please register at:
- You must upload your video to YouTube, and write in the description “This is my entry for the Sony FS7 II competition.” The video does not exceed one minute in length and was shot for the purpose of entering this contest, fitting with the theme of “documentary”.
- In addition when uploading your video you must tag with the words ‘FS7 II competition’.
- Then to enter, go to the Sony competition entry form and provide Sony with a link to your video.
- Entries can be made up until March 12th 2017, 23:59 UK time: All submissions should be uploaded to YouTube and entered via the Sony Professional form by the 12th March.
- You are limited to one entry to this competition.
- The ten entries which receive the highest number of “Likes” on YouTube during the period 1st March 2017 to 12th March 2017 inclusive will be selected as the competition shortlist. Should any of the ten be considered in the view of the Promoter to not abide to the competition rules or guidelines, then the video with the next highest number of “Likes” will be selected instead.
- The winner and runner-up will be chosen by renowned filmmaker Philip Bloom.
- Shortlisted videos will be judged on those that best tell a story.
The winner and runner-up will both be announced during a live cinematic webinar on 22nd March, with the runner-up winning a Sony α7S II camcorder.
- The winner and runner-up of the competition will be announced during the Sony webinar on 22 March 2017.
- Details of winners will also be published within 24 hours of the webinar announcement at: https://www.sony.co.uk/pro/hub/home
….The Promoter reserves the right to remove entries that contain commercial content in conflict with the interests of the Promoter.
…By entering this competition you hereby grant the Promoter a non-exclusive worldwide royalty free license to use, copy, modify or alter any materials submitted in connection with the competition.
….The winner and runner-up agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of their names and likenesses and the winning images for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity across the World.
…The competition is managed under the control of Sony Europe Limited. The rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. By entering the free prize draw you agree to submit to the laws of England and Wales in respect to the operation of the competition regardless of your country of residence….
For other important info and the complete Terms and Conditions, please visit http://www.sony.co.uk/pro/article/broadcast-products-camcorders-fs7-ii-competition?SM=PR&src=200117_CAMH__a3 .
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
Sony launches exclusive documentary filmmaker competition to win a new FS7 II
Content creators across Europe1 have the chance to win a brand new PXW-FS7M2K, the new 4K flagship documentary filming camcorder from Sony, with ultimate Super35 versatility
Basingstoke, 24th January, 2017: Sony has today announced a new exclusive competition to bring creative documentary storytelling to the forefront of filmmaking. Celebrating the imagination and tenacity of content creators everywhere, one lucky winner will receive the new PXW-FS7M2K camera for their work.
Sony is giving documentary filmmakers the chance to win the incredible new PXW-FS7M2K. Entrants are asked to submit a brief one-minute documentary which showcases their storytelling capabilities, the content creator will be judged on the techniques used to deliver their story.
All submissions should be uploaded to YouTube and entered via the Sony Professional form by the 12th March. The top ten videos to receive the most YouTube ‘likes’ from the 1st-12th March will be shortlisted and the winner and runner-up will be chosen by renowned filmmaker Philip Bloom. The winner and runner-up will both be announced during a live cinematic webinar on 22nd March, with the runner-up winning a Sony α7S II camcorder.
“In the filmmaking industry it can be incredibly difficult to get your work recognised therefore competitions like this are invaluable. Not only do they give filmmakers more exposure, but in this case, content creators of all levels have the chance to win one of the best documentary camcorders on the market, the brand new FS7 II,” said Philip Bloom, freelance filmmaker. “I’m excited to see how the entrants will tell and develop a story in just 60 seconds, as well as using different techniques to make their pieces stand out from the rest.”
Introduced in late 2016, the new addition to the FS Series Super35mm family delivers advanced features for creative documentary and indie production, including Electronic Variable ND Filters, Lever Lock Type E-mount and Refined Mechanical Design. Building on the strengths of the original FS7, the new model is optimised for long-form shooting and production applications. Sony’s unrivalled technology makes shooting with the FS7 II a truly liberating experience, delivering the spectacular 4K imagery you expect from Sony by providing the option to record in BT2020 colour space.
“We’re delighted to host another filmmaking competition this year; giving passionate content creators a platform to showcase their work, and the opportunity to win our brand new FS7 II,” said James Leach, European Product Marketing Manager, Sony Professional Europe. “We’re strong believers in being involved in and encouraging the next generation of documentary filmmakers, and we can’t wait to see this year’s submissions.”
For more information and to take part, along with full terms and conditions, please visit this page.
Find out more at @SonyProEurope using: #FS7IIComp
1Terms and conditions apply, not all European countries are eligible.
The following video presents Sony | α | α7S II – 4K low-light ISO comparison movie:
“Spectacular sensitivity — up to ISO 409600*, with wide dynamic range. Capturing your vision requires superior sensitivity to reveal the subtle nuances of a situation. With enhanced imaging of ultra-high sensitivity up to ISO 409600* and extra-wide dynamic range, the α7S II can record scenes in spectacular detail, from shadows to highlights, in virtually any light. The remarkable clarity and lack of noise in stills and movies go far toward realizing better image results than you may have imagined.
* Standard ISO range: 100-102400 for stills and movies. Expandable ISO range: 50-409600 for stills, 100-409600 for movies.”
Please support this site. Pre-order / buy the Sony FS7 II, and Sony α7S II as well as accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Sony PXW-FS7 II XDCAM Super 35 Camera System
- Sony PXW-FS7 II 4K XDCAM Super 35 Camcorder Kit with 18-110mm Zoom Lens
- Sony XDCA-FS7 Extension Unit