Here is this week’s (Feb 12-18, 2011) digital camera review roundup:
- When you make improvements, you can expect kudos and DPReview hand the Silver Award to the Olympus PEN E-PL2 [QuickPrice Check] for its “focus speed [that] has noticeably improved over previous models and is now amongst the best in class.“
- DCRP (dcresource) rates the Pentax K-r [QuickPrice Check] as not only best value but also “one of the best entry-level digital SLRs on the market.“
- Imaging Resource likes the long reach of the Canon SX30 IS [QuickPrice Check] finding that “it’s hard to appreciate the 35x 24-840mm zoom without seeing it for yourself–it is amazing.“
- Steve’s Digicams recommends the Olympus PEN E-PL2 [QuickPrice Check] which “is a great improvement over the E-PL1.“
- Imaging Resource finds the Canon PowerShot SX130 IS [QuickPrice Check] “something of a mixed bag. It delivers the goods as far as image quality and feature set for the price are concerned [but] its sluggish speeds and meager battery life are serious liabilities when it comes to performance.“
- Luminous Landscape revisits the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 [QuickPrice Check] and concludes: “Is the GH2’s image quality good enough? Yes, it is for me.“
- For more camera reviews, to get a second opinion, and just to read the best reviews on the Web, visit our Reviews Matrix.
Isn’t it great when there are so many good cameras to choose from? Getting a headache? Maybe you’re not listening to the best expert reviewers on the Web! Visit our Reviews Matrix and get all the expert reviews written for your favorite digital camera. This way, you’ll make an informed decision based on the best reviews on the Web.