Here is this week’s (May 12-18, 2012) digital camera review roundup:
- DCRP (dcresource) recommends the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V [QuickPrice Check] as “a really fun-to-use camera […] that’ll capture your memories in nearly all situations.“
- PhotographyBLOG awards its highest Essential rating to the Olympus OM-D E-M5 [QuickFact Sheet] concluding that “the OM-D E-M5 is the best Olympus compact system camera to date, and also a strong contender for best compact system camera full stop.“
- FocusNumérique recommende le Canon 5D Mark III [Specs] : “Le 5D Mark III est-il le nouveau cru tant attendu ? En un mot : oui !“
- Steve’s Digicams highly recommends the Nikon COOLPIX P510 [QuickPrice Check] as “the most versatile and longest reaching super-zoom currently on the market. Its great performance and excellent image quality make this a must have.“
- Imaging Resource gives a thumbs down at the Canon PowerShot SX150 IS [QuickPrice Check] concluding that “I can’t personally get very enthusiastic about it, given its quirks and slow response.“
- KenRockwell highly recommends the Nikon D4 [QuickPrice Check] which “leaves consumer cameras like the D800 and Canon 5D Mark III completely in the dust.“
- DCRP (dcresource) finds the Olympus OM-D E-M5 [QuickFact Sheet] “focuses faster than any ILC that I’ve used, whether you’re outdoors or in low light.“
- Olympus announced the TG-1 iHS.
- Fujifilm announced XP170.
- Leica announced the V-Lux 40, M9-P Edition Hermes, X2 and M Monochrom.
- Sony announced the SLT-A37 and NEX-F3.
- For more camera reviews, to get a second opinion, and just to read the best reviews on the Web, visit our Reviews Matrix.
Isn’t it great when there are so many good cameras to choose from? Getting a headache? Maybe you’re not listening to the best expert reviewers on the Web! Visit our Reviews Matrix and get all the expert reviews written for your favorite digital camera. This way, you’ll make an informed decision based on the best reviews on the Web.