The following video presents Xperia Touch – add a new dimension to your home:
“Make surfaces come to life with Xperia™ Touch.
This is the future of communication.
It’s a display like no other. Part portable projector, part interactive touchscreen, Xperia Touch turns any flat surface into a window to new a world, letting you control your content in a truly natural way. It’s connected to Google Play, so you can tap into a whole host of your favourite Android apps.
Elegantly designed with premium lightweight materials, Xperia Touch acts hi-tech while still looking sleek. It’s immaculate, intuitive, and it has to be seen to be believed.“
Xperia Touch is an interactive projector that turns any flat surface into a 23” HD touchscreen, with either horizontal or vertical ultrashort-throw projection.
The key highlights of Xperia Touch include the following:
- The interface is fast, fluid and responsive to physical touch – it’s built using Sony’s SXRD projection display technology, and touch is made possible through a combination of Infrared light and real-time detection via its built-in camera, at a rate of 60 frames-per-second.
- 10-point multi-touch input for projection at 23 inches.
- Expand projection up to 80 inches with automatic calibration.
- Two-way stereo speakers for rich sound.
- Enjoy games, watch online video streaming services and communicate using messaging apps and social networks.
- Accessible in brightly lit or dark conditions: Presence sensor for automatic powering on from sleep mode.
- It provides real-time weather information, a memo board for doodles or video notes, calendar access and a Skype™ portal for video chat.
- Compatible with PlayStation® 4 Remote Play1
- Run any app or game downloaded from the Google Play Store ,setting a new precedent for the way hundreds of thousands of application experiences2 can now be enjoyed.
- Provide developers with a new platform on which to build and create.
1Single player only – no local multiplayer
2Application and game performance may vary and/or have limited functionality if leveraging gyroscopic sensing and/or movement, designed for portable devices
Key Specs of Xperia Touch
- Size: 69 x 134 x 143 mm
- Weight: 932 grams
- Battery: Approximately one hour usage in continuous video playback mode*1
- Sensors: e-Compass, GPS, Ambient Light, Barometer, Temperature, Humidity, Human detection, Accelerometer*2
- Camera and audio: 13MP Exmor RS for mobile camera, Two-way stereo speaker
- Operating system Android 7.0, Nougat
- Memory: Memory: LPDDR3 3GB
- Storage: eMMC 32GB
- Projection display: Display system: SXRD three primary colours LCD shutter projection system, Display: 0.37 SXRD x 1, Resolution: 1366×768, Focus: AF Size 23-80”, Light source: Laser diode, Brightness: 100 lm, Contrast: 4000:1
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C, NFC, HDMI Type-D, Wi-Fi (SISO): 11 a/b/g/n/ac
*1Duration may vary depending on app usage and other conditions.
*2This product is designed to have a guaranteed life span of 5 years when used for 4 hours every day (the life span is defined as the duration in which the brightness dims to half the brightness of a brand-new projector). However, it depends on the manner of use and playback content.
Availability & Pricing in Europe
- Select retailers and the Xperia Store Online in selected countries in 2017, with a suggested retail price of €1499*3.
*3 Pricing and availability may vary by market
- Suggested retail price is USD$1,700.
- Available at Amazon, the Sony Square display room in New York and select T-Mobile stores in Chicago, Los Angeles and Miami.
As a very expensive albeit impressive toy, the Sony Xperia Touch is within the reach of customers with deep pockets, as well as luxury hotels, such as the Westin Grand Berlin in Germany.
October 13, 2017
Sony Mobile collaborates with SuitePad to put Xperia Touch in German hotels
As you know, earlier this year we announced the launch of Xperia Touch, the interactive projector that turns any surface into a 23” HD touchscreen.
So to launch the Touch in Germany, we’ve partnered with leading hotel digital communications provider, SuitePad, to equip selected hotels across the nation with specially customised Touch units.
Kicking off with luxury hotel, Westin Grand Berlin, guests will be able to use the projected touchscreen to search for hotel information, book sightseeing tours or buy theatre tickets online, pretty cool right?
* Available in select regions