Sony recently announced the following expanded services & extra support for working professional photographers and videographers in both the USA and Canada:
- A domestic 24/7 call center and new walk-in service centers in New York City [Photo Tech, 360 W 36th Street, New York, NY 10018, phone (212) 673-8400] and Los Angeles [2706 Media Center Drive, Ste. 130, Los Angeles, CA 90065, phone (323) 352-5007].
- A full in-the-field technical team to support professionals across all of North America. The team is providing in-the-field service and on-site depot support at major sporting events, media events and shows across North America, offering camera cleanings, evaluation loaners, education and seminars.
- Sony Imaging PRO Support Canada is launched to offer all of the benefits of the program to pros throughout the Canadian market.
Existing benefits of the PRO Support program include:
- Dedicated email and call support.
- Expedited three-day repair turnaround time.
- Evaluation loaners.
- Up to three free camera and lens maintenance services per year.
- Complimentary shipping fees for repairs.
- Access to a variety of exclusive members only events held throughout the year.
Program Eligibility Requirements:
Applicant must be a full-time, self-employed individual, or an employee of a professional imaging business, who plays a direct role in the creation of moving or still images for third parties on a professional basis. Applicant must own no less than two(2) Sony Alpha Full Frame Interchangeable Lens Cameras and three (3) Sony Zeiss and/or G series lenses. Applicant must provide verification of the above requirements, including web page URL and/or description of professional work. Upon application approval, an email invitation will be sent to join the Program.
- Payment of membership fees will be required.
For general questions and inquiries related to Sony Imaging PRO Support, please email to JoinProSupport@am.sony.com .
The above updates come on the heels of the introduction of Sony’s new flagship α9 camera earlier this year.
The following video presents Sony | α9 | New image sensor – 35mm full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with integral memory:
“The full-frame image sensor in the α9 employs a stacked structure designed specifically for high speed. The combination of advanced sensor and evolved BIONZ X processing enable continuous shooting at up to 20 fps, blackout-free shooting, up to 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second, silent vibration-free electronic shutter speeds up to 1/32000 sec., Anti-Distortion Shutter operation that minimizes distortion of moving subjects, and other capabilities that add up to unprecedented speed from a full-frame camera without interference from mechanical devices. #Sonyalpha“
Sony’s Imaging PRO Support Organization Continues to Evolve to Meet Demands of Working Pros
Sony Electronics – 09/12/2017
NEW YORK, Sept. 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Sony Electronics, a worldwide leader in digital imaging and the world’s largest image sensor manufacturer, has today announced several updates related to its Sony Imaging PRO Support organization.
Sony’s organization to support working professional photographers and videographers now features a domestic 24/7 call center and new walk-in service centers in New York City and Los Angeles. Additionally, Sony Imaging PRO Support has launched a full in-the-field technical team to support professionals across all of North America. The team is providing in-the-field service and on-site depot support at major sporting events such as the U.S. Open and PGA Championship, media events and shows across North America, offering camera cleanings, evaluation loaners, education and seminars.
Also announced today is the launch of Sony Imaging PRO Support Canada, offering all of the benefits of the program to pros throughout the Canadian market.
Membership to Sony’s Imaging PRO Support organization has grown over 40% year over year in North America, while consistently striving to minimize customer costs and maximize efficiency and turnaround time for all repairs and services.
“Our team is fully committed to building an ecosystem that supports the needs of digital imaging professionals today and tomorrow,” says Sony VP Neal Manowitz. “We are focused on reducing downtime, removing costs and improving overall satisfaction. New walk-in locations, a 24/7 domestic hotline and a field team supporting event depots are just a few of the many steps we are taking to provide the best-in-class solutions for professionals.”
These updates come on the heels of the introduction of Sony’s new flagship α9 camera earlier this year. Featuring the world’s first1 full-frame stacked CMOS sensor with 24.2MP2 of resolution, blackout free, completely silent shooting3 at up to 20 fps4 with full autofocus, a 693 point focal plane phase detection AF system and more, the α9 is revolutionizing the professional imaging market.
Existing benefits of the PRO Support program include dedicated email and call support, expedited three-day repair turnaround time, evaluation loaners, up to three free camera and lens maintenance services per year, complimentary shipping fees for repairs and access to a variety of exclusive members only events held throughout the year.
Those interested in joining Sony’s premium care program can visit www.alphauniverse.com/prosupport to apply. After the online membership form is submitted and approved, a member of the Sony Imaging PRO Support team will contact applicants directly to discuss the program’s benefits in detail.
Those interested in visiting a walk-in Sony Imaging PRO Support center can visit the Los Angeles location at 2706 Media Center Drive, Ste. 130, Los Angeles, CA 90065, phone (323) 352-5007, or the New York location at Photo Tech, 360 W 36th Street, New York, NY 10018, phone (212) 673-8400.
- As of September 2017
- Approx. effective
- Electronic shutter mode. At apertures smaller than F11 (F-numbers higher than F11), focus will not track the subject and focus points will be fixed on the first frame. Display updating will be slower at slow shutter speeds.
- “Hi” continuous shooting mode. The maximum frame rate will depend on the shooting mode and lens used. Visit Sony’s support web page for lens compatibility information.
The following video presents Sony | α | α9 | Professional photographers’ impression of the new α9:
“Hear from the pros that tested the first ever Sony α9 cameras. #sonyalpha“
Please support this site. Buy the new Sony α9 Camera and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):