The following video presents Sony VENICE Digital Cinema Camera | NAB 2019:
“VENICE is a cinema camera created by and for the cinematographer. It’s equipped with a newly developed full-frame image sensor meeting the needs of the film industry in pushing the boundaries of large format image capture with exceptional picture quality.“
- The presentation on the VENICE firmware version 4.0 starts at the video time 12:48.
This is an update to the previous blog, Sony VENICE, Motion Picture Camera System, Firmware Version 4.0 (June 2019): New Optional High Frame Rate License Speeds up to 120fps at 4K 2.39:1, and 60fps at 6K 3:2, Advanced Remote-control Functionalities, and Cooke/i3 and Zeiss Extended Metadata Support.
Today, Sony released the firmware version 4.0 for VENICE, its next-generation motion picture camera system.
- The latest update provides High Frame Rate (HFR) shooting, advanced remote-control functionalities and Cooke/i3 and Zeiss extended metadata support.
“Sony is offering a system software update for Digital Motion Picture Camera VENICE “MPC-3610”.
Sony highly recommends this firmware update for immediate installation on all VENICE systems to ensure highest performance.
In order to update to Version 4.00, VENICE requires an internal hardware modification by Sony Service or authorized partners.
Please contact Sony sales representative or dealers for updating procedures. Customers in Europe can contact PrimeSupport via email or call using phone numbers on our contact page. Please remember to provide your serial number when contacting us.
Digital Motion Picture Camera VENICE “MPC-3610”
Applicable system software version
The applicable products have system software version “Ver.3.00” or earlier.
After updating, the system software version will be “Ver.4.00”.
Contents of update
1. Support of High Frame Rates
The following expansion of the imager mode frame rates (FPS) are supported by installing the optional High Frame Rate License (CBKZ-3610H/HM/HW).
6K 3:2: 26 to 60 fps
4K 4:3: 49 to 60, 66, 72, 75 fps
4K 17:9: 66, 72, 75, 88, 90, 96, 100, 110 fps
4K 2.39:1: 120 fps
2. Support of RM-B170, RCP-1501 or other remote control units for Live Production applications
3. Support of Rec.2020/HLG_Rec.2100 combination for HDR productions when RM/RCP Paint Control is set to “On”
4. Support of Pure-P output via the Monitor output
5. Support of extended Metadata
The following metadata has been added to RAW, X-OCN, and XAVC recording.
Lens distortion and shading metadata are recorded, compatible with Cooke’s /i third generation metadata technology (/i3) and ZEISS eXtended Data Technology.
6. Support of additional functions for Assign Buttons A/B/C on the DVF-EL200 viewfinder
7. Support of selection for either the Top or Side 4pin Lens interface
When Project frame rate is 29.97 and 59.94 and AXS recording, sometimes Audio noise occurs in playback. That audio noise is playback issue and recorded audio is fine. This trouble could be solved by power ON/OFF. We are going to release updated firmware which solves this later.“
Applies to: VENICE
For other important info and to download this firmware update, please visit:
Please support this site. Order / Buy the Sony VENICE Camera and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):