Samyang Optics recently released the firmware update for Rokinon (Samyang) AF 35mm F2.8 FE.
Samyang lenses are also branded as Rokinon.
- It fixes an issue where ‘Fast Hybrid AF’ is not working in six Sony camera models when the focus mode is set to ‘AF-C’ and focus point is set to ‘Wide’ or ‘Zone’.
The firmware update is only for owners of the following six Sony camera models supporting ‘Fast Hybrid AF’ feature:
Firmware update for AF 35mm F2.8 FE
[Firmware update for AF 35mm F2.8 FE]
Samyang AF 35mm F2.8 FE Firmware Version 0.2 is now available for download.
Please read below for details.
Software: AF 35mm F2.8 FE Firmware Version 0.2 (Click to download)
* The firmware update is for AF 35mm F2.8 FE lens with Firmware Version 0.1.
* The firmware update is only for owners of below 6 camera models supporting ‘Fast Hybrid AF’
feature. – α5100, α6000, α6300, α6500, α7RII, α9
Improvement: It fixes an issue where ‘Fast Hybrid AF’ is not working in 6 cameras models when the focus mode is set to ‘AF-C’ and focus point is set to ‘Wide’ or ‘Zone’
How to update:
1) Download the firmware on your computer
2) Download the Samyang Lens Manager software on your computer
3) Connect Samyang Lens Station to your computer with the lens attached
4) Firmware will be automatically updated
Additional inquiry: email@example.com
The following video presents Sony | α | Fast Hybrid AF in 4K movies
“The α6300/α6500’s extra-dense phase-detection AF point coverage makes movie AF exceptionally precise and fast even in 4K shooting. Moreover, the α6300/α6500 features adjustable AF Drive Speed and AF Tracking Sensitivity to help you express more creativity by manipulating focus, as far as conditions and your imagination allow.“
Please support this site. Buy the Rokinon(Samyang) AF 35mm F2.8 FE Lens, Sony a5100, a6000, a6300,a6500, a7R II and a9 Cameras as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):