Ricoh, the parent company of Pentax, has published the Pentax K-Mount Lens Roadmap.
For 2020 (or later), Ricoh is planning to add the HD PENDAX-D FA 85mm F1.4ED SDM AW and four (4) other as-yet unnamed lenses:
- a DA Standard Zoom Lens (roughly in the 18-50mm range)
- a Telephoto Zoom Lens (roughly in the 70-300mm range)
- a Large Aperture Wide-Angle Single Focus Lens (perhaps 35mm), and
- an Ultra Wide-Angle Single Focus Lens (perhaps 14mm)
View the Pentax K-Mount Lens Roadmap 2020
RICOH develops new-generation, high-performance Star-series lens for digital SLR cameras, the HD PENTAX-D FA★85mmF1.4 SDM AW
TOKYO, March 24, 2020－RICOH COMPANY, LTD. and RICOH IMAGING, LTD are pleased to announce the development of the new-generation high-performance Star-series lens, the HD PENTAX-D FA★85mmF1.4 SDM AW.
This product is the second “new generation D FA★” single focus lens following the “HD PENTAX-D FA★ 50mm F1.4 SDM AW”, which has been developed focusing on overwhelming ultra-high image quality.
Overview of the product under development
|Model name||Launch date|
|HD PENTAX-D FA★85mmF1.4 SDM AW/td>||Scheduled to be launched in late, 2020|
- By incorporating three Super ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass optical elements, it effectively compensates chromatic aberrations and produces brilliant, high-contrast images even from open aperture.
- Adopts one aspherical lens and achieves high delineation performance with good correction of spherical aberration, coma and field curvature.
- High speed and smooth operation with newly developed SDM (Supersonic Direct-drive Motor) equipped with high torque ring type ultrasonic motor
- Developing as an AW (All Weather model) this lens features a dependable dustproof, weather-resistant structure to prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the lens interior.
The designs and specifications are identical to those first announced publicly about the lense’s development, and are subject to change without notice.
|HD PENTAX-D FA★85mmF1.4ED SDM AW|
|Equivalent to 130mm in 35mm format (when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)|
|Angle of View (Diagonal)||28.5°|
|19° (when attached to PENTAX APS-C size DSLR cameras)|
|Minimum Focusing Distance||0.85m (2.8ft.)|
|Diaphragm Control||Electromagnetic diaphragm Fully automatic|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Rounded diaphragm （85mm:F1.4-F2.8）|
|Maximum Diameter x Length||approx. 95mm x 123.5mm (approx. 3.7in. x 4.9in.)|