PENTAX Announces smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR Weather-Resistant Lens for Use with PENTAX SLR Cameras
Mississauga, ON – December 9, 2009
PENTAX Canada Inc. is pleased to announce the introduction of the smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR interchangeable macro lens, designed for use with PENTAX digital and film-format SLR cameras. Combining a high-quality exterior finish with PENTAX-original weather-resistant construction, this new macro lens offers excellent reliability in damp, inclement conditions.
1. High-quality exterior finish with high-grade aluminum barrel
The exterior design of the PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 WR lens as been greatly refined from that of the existing D FA-series lenses and features a high-grade knurled-aluminum barrel. In addition, the entire focus ring mechanism has been upgraded to assure flawless manual-focus operation.
2. Weather-resistant construction for greater reliability outdoors
This macro lens features weather-resistant construction which minimizes the intrusion of water and moisture into the lens barrel. By mounting the lens on a PENTAX weather-resistant digital SLR camera body, the user is assured of greater durability and reliability when shooting in rain or mist, as well as at locations subject to a spray or splash. The lens also features the PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) coating on its front surface to repel dust, water and grease and to minimize fingerprints. These features make this lens ideal for all types of outdoor applications.
3. Rounded diaphragm blade to produce a beautiful bokeh
The PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mmF2.8 WR is the first PENTAX interchangeable macro lens to feature a completely rounded diaphragm blade. This creates a natural, beautiful bokeh, while minimizing the streaking effect of point light sources.
4. High-quality image description
When mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this lens offers a focal length equivalent to 153mm in the 35mm format. Inheriting the high-performance optics of the renowned smc PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mm F2.8 lens, it delivers high-quality, true-to-life images, while minimizing annoying flare and ghost images. Its maximum magnification of life size without requiring any accessories allows the photographer to capture dramatic close-up images with great ease.
5. Other features
- A working distance of 13cm (at life-size magnification) to facilitate the shooting of subjects without scaring the subject or blocking the light, such as insects and flowers
- The PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System for instant override of the AF system by manually focusing the lens after the focus is locked by the AF system
- The image circle accommodates the image size of 35mm film-format cameras
- Compatible with the macro adapter included in the PENTAX AF160FC Dedicated Auto Macro Flash
PENTAX Canada Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of HOYA CORPORATION PENTAX Imaging Systems Division of Japan and maintains offices in Mississauga. PENTAX Canada Inc. markets digital SLR and compact cameras, lenses, sport optics, closed circuit television lenses and medical equipment.
PENTAX on the web at www.pentax.ca
- PENTAX, and smc PENTAX are trademarks of HOYA CORPORATION
- Designs and specifications are subjects to change without notice