As a new and innovative extension of the magazine PhotoEd, the PhotoEd Platform promotes and inspires new Canadian contemporary photography production and dialogue.
The PhotoEd Platform creates connections between fresh image creators and seasoned industry experts, and includes the community at large. We want to show-off, and share your work with everyone in Canada AND give back to the community. By creating an online gallery/ marketplace curated by a professional jury, the NOURISH COLLECTION looks to demonstrate what’s possible through collaboration.
Submit images that NOURISH.
Share what nourishes the body, mind and spirit.
This theme allows photographers to share their creative interpretations on what nourishment means to them. Consider the connections viewers will have with this theme, and how sharing your work in this context will literally and directly promote the facilitation of nutritional aid within your community.
Fees to photographers: NONE.
Images in the collection will be available for public sale on the platform as:
- High-res images available for commercial license. Images are available for commercial/ editorial use. License fees will vary according to usage. Profits from commercial license sales are divided equally between the PhotoEd Platform & the artist.
- High quality 11x14inch fine art prints. (price TBC-$100.) Profits from print sales are divided equally between the PhotoEd Platform & the artist.
- Low-res digital images for PERSONAL use as desktop/ mobile wallpaper. 100% of the profits from these sales will be donated to FOODBANKS CANADA. (price $5.)
DEADLINE: MIDNIGHT FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2016
- Liz Sullivan / Maclean’s Magazine/ Director of Photography
- Natalie MacNamara/ NAMARA represents
- Andrew Tolson/ Editor-in-Chief, Video/ Rogers Media, Publishing Division
- Raff Melito & Julie Belanger/ Junction Reps & Full Serve Productions
- Nuno Silva / Stocksy United
- Thomas Bouquin / enRoute Magazine
- Adam Snellings / Art Director, Branded Content
- Derek Shapton / Westside Studio – Photographer
- Dolores Gubasta / KlixPix Photo Agency
- SOFIA (Society of Females in Art)
- Ruth Alves / Art Director
- Alexis Marie Chute / Curator
- Jean-Francois Proulx / Direction artistique + collaboration graphique
- Janetta Dancer/ Art Manager/Simon and Schuster /Publishing – NYC
For other important info and to submit your images, please visit http://www.photoed.ca/photoed-platform-call-for-submissions .