Paris Photo Los Angeles
The International Art Fair for Photography and Moving Picture
May 1 -3, 2015
Paramount Pictures Studios
5555 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90038
Paris Photo Los Angeles is the US edition of the world’s most celebrated art fair for works created in the photographic medium.
The Fair is held annually each spring at the Paramount Pictures Studios, the ideal setting to explore how artists have been and are using photography and moving image in their work in the 20th and 21st centuries.
In 2014 the Fair hosted 81 leading galleries and art book dealers from 18 countries world-wide and welcomed more than 16,000 visitors.
- Exhibitors presented historical and contemporary “bodies of works, cutting edge solo shows, and book projects by renowned and emerging artists in the legendary Paramount Pictures’ soundstages and the New York Street Backlot’s exclusive movie set replicas of New York City streets.
- The public program is an integral component of the Fair.”
- There are cultural events involving artists, art world professionals, collectors, and cultural institutions.
- The 2014 program included the Sound & Vision series of conversations and screenings, the UNEDITED! exhibition unveiling photographic material from the LAPD Archives as well as a special tribute to Actor/Director/Legend, Dennis Hopper.
- The Conversations, organized by independent curator Douglas Fogle, offer visitors multiple intellectual perspectives on the use of images by bringing together notable curators and contemporary artists for a discussion of the practice of image-making.