The following video presents Live@ISE2018 – Introducing the AK-UC4000 studio camera:
“Jaume Miro from Panasonic Broadcast & ProAV talks us through the technology that Panasonic is bringing to power live events including the newly launched AK-UC4000 studio camera system.“
At the NAB Show 2018, Panasonic’s Second Century of Innovation will showcase new products, technologies and solutions, including:
- New Panasonic AK-UC4000 4K/HDR/High-Speed Studio Camera with 4.4K Native Resolution & High-Speed 240fps Capability,
- Panasonic AU-EVA1 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera’s FREE Firmware Upgrade Ver. 2.02 (Apr. 2, 2018) that greatly enhances its recording capabilities with ALL-Intra frame formats and RAW data output. Panasonic also announced the EVA1 and VariCam LT will take full advantage of the new ProRes RAW software for a faster and more efficient RAW workflow. For more info and to download this firmware, please visit https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upgeva1_e.htm .
- Panasonic VariCam LT Firmware Update (Mar. 15, 2018) That Sets the Cinema Camera Up for Live & Near Live Multi-Cam Use for Events, Concerts, TV Shows & Corporate Productions. For more info and to download this firmware, please visit https://eww.pass.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/content/download/EN/ep2main/soft/upgvlt_e.htm .
Visitors to Panasonic’s NAB booth C3607 can view an array of technology demonstrations and content presentations.
On the exhibit’s main stage, presentations and panel discussions will be held on new technologies and products and leading cinematographers and filmmakers will discuss projects they’ve shot with Panasonic cinema cameras.
- The presentations will be broadcast on Facebook Live on Panasonic’s Facebook page, @panasonicprovideoUSA.
- Visit us.panasonic.com/NAB to view the full schedule of presentations.
Tag Photos & Win Prizes!
Be sure to connect with us on social media for all the latest NAB updates. Follow @PanasonicProVideo on Instagram and tag photos you take in our booth (or at any of the 30+ partner booths all around NAB where our equipment is showcased) with #panasonicNAB2018 to be automatically entered in our daily drawing. We are giving away prizes at the end of each day. Two randomly selected Instagram users will be selected to win one of each, EVA1 and N Series backpacks. Not at NAB 2018? You can still be entered to win! Simply tag a photo of you using Panasonic gear.
If you are not attending the NAB Show, you can still be entered to win!
- Simply tag a photo of you using Panasonic gear.
The following video presents EVA1 Firmware 2.0 | Panasonic:
“The Panasonic EVA1 ….firmware upgrade …. will give the compact cinema camera many improvements including All-I Intra frame codecs and RAW output. Watch our Product Manager Mitch Gross explain all the new features.“
LAS VEGAS, NV 04/08/2018
Panasonic Launches Second Century of Innovation with New Products, Technologies and Solutions at NAB 2018
New AK-UC4000 4K/HDR/High-Speed Camera, AV-HLC100 Live Production Center, EVA2.0 Firmware with RAW Support, and VariCam LT CineLive Firmware Showcased
LAS VEGAS, NV (April 8, 2018) – Panasonic is marking its 100th year anniversary with a wide-ranging display of products, technologies and solutions for production and broadcast professionals here at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) show. Under the theme, “Welcome to our next 100 years of Innovation,” Panasonic debuts the:
- AK-UC4000 4K/HDR/high-speed studio camera with 4.4K native resolution and high-speed 240fps* capability;
- EVA 2.0 free firmware upgrade for the 5.7K AU-EVA1 cinema camera that greatly enhances its recording capabilities with ALL-Intra frame formats and RAW data output. Panasonic also announced the EVA1 and VariCam LT will take full advantage of the new ProRes RAW software for a faster and more efficient RAW workflow;
- AV-HLC100 Live Production Center with Network Device Interface (NDI) that combines a 1 ME switcher, remote camera controller, graphics overlays, streaming/recording and audio mixer functions to enable easy live streaming with one-person operation;
- VariCam LT V. 6.0 CineLive firmware that sets the cinema camera up for live and near live multi-cam use for events, concerts, television shows and corporate productions;
- a new line-up of PTZ cameras with built-in Network Device Interface (NDI|HX) support–the AW-HN38, AW-HN40, AW-UN70 and AW-HN130.
Visitors to Panasonic’s NAB booth C3607 can view an array of technology demonstrations and content presentations, including:
- 8K Region of Interest (ROI) system for sports and live event HD applications. Accessing the 8K camera’s super-wide field of view and HD windows with full pan/tilt/zoom control, one camera operator can follow the action from multiple virtual camera angles, saving space over multiple manned cameras;
- Broadcast- grade, 360-degree/VR end-to-end live streaming system that combines Panasonic’s low latency 360-degree Live Camera with Haivision’s KB 4K encoder and LiveScale’s distribution platform;
- LinkRay visible light communication technology to enable smartphones with a dedicated app to access information emitted in signals from LED transmitters. The dedicated application software enables customizable content to be sent and received between LED transmitters (e.g., displays for digital signage use);
- On the exhibit’s main stage, presentations and panel discussions will be held on new technologies and products and leading cinematographers and filmmakers will discuss projects they’ve shot with Panasonic cinema cameras. The presentations will be broadcast on Facebook Live on Panasonic’s Facebook page, @panasonicprovideoUSA. Visit us.panasonic.com/NAB to view the full schedule of presentations.
NAB attendees are also invited to view:
- Panasonic’s families of cinema, ENG, studio, pan/tilt/zoom and POV cameras and related equipment in simulated production environments;
- the outstanding low-light performance of the VariCam 35, the VariCam LT and the AU-EVA1 cinema cameras on the Dual ISO set;
- 4K HDR content from the VariCam and EVA1 cinema cameras, as well as an HDR versus SDR content comparisons;
- demonstrations of simultaneous 4K HDR SMPTE 2020 imaging and ITU 709 HD broadcast from the AK-UC3000 4K camera, the UC4000’s native support of SMPTE 2110 MoIP output, and the Panasonic and Wave Central collaboration on an integrated stadium wireless system, demonstrating the UC4000’s unique assets for sports production;
- the NDIWorld environment, which showcases a full range of NDI products and solutions, from graphics to streaming to screen capture to recording. Visitors can get hands-on with the HLC100 Live Production Center and view it in a real-world control room;
- new partner integrations into the overall workflow of Panasonic’s P2Cast cloud-based platform, including two new Panasonic/TVU video solutions featuring IP video switching, routing and distribution that integrate Panasonic into the TVU ecosystem and TVU Grid;
- new versions of P2Cast Bridge (which enables connectivity into partner newsroom systems) will be demonstrated, including Adobe Premiere and Avid Media Composer for non-linear editing, and Avid Interplay for media asset management;
- 3rd party solutions from Areplus, BlackTrax, and Tecnopoint to enhance the versatility of Panasonic integrated PTZ cameras will be showcased. A real-time BlackTrax tracking solution system with Areplus interface allows a Panasonic PTZ camera to follow the speaker or content, and a Tecnopoint Tuning System, consisting of a ceiling dolly and a vertical column, is the first track system totally integrated with Panasonic PTZ cameras.
Panasonic will also be demonstrating NDI®-based workflow at the NDI® Central Pavilion at booth SL5516.
Stay up to date with Panasonic NAB announcements and activities at us.panasonic.com/NAB.
For more information about Panasonic professional video products, visit https://business.panasonic.com/products-professionalvideo or contact Panasonic at 877-803-8492.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook
About Panasonic Corporation of North America
Newark, NJ-based Panasonic Corporation of North America is a leading technology partner to businesses, government agencies and consumers across the region. The company is the principal North American subsidiary of Osaka, Japan-based Panasonic Corporation, and leverages its strengths in immersive entertainment, sustainable energy, automated supply chains and connected mobility to provide integrated solutions for B2B customers. Panasonic was featured in Fortune Magazine’s 2016 ranking of 50 companies that are changing the world and doing well by doing good. Specifically cited were its smart and sustainable technologies, including its contributions to smart cities and the electric vehicle revolution. Learn more about Panasonic’s ideas and innovations at Panasonic.com.
Learn more about Panasonic at us.panasonic.com/news.
The following video presents “Remembering Agatha” Trailer #2 shot on VariCam LT by Judd Overton | Panasonic:
“The Cinema VariCam LT camera features outstanding image quality that satisfies the “VISION” of the Cinematographer, Judd Overton, on his short film “Remembering Agatha”. Its cutting-edge designs and superb imaging capabilities make the cameras ideal for brilliant cinema filmmaking.
Cutting edge performance in a small package. The VariCam Range and EVA1 are Panasonic’s high-end digital production cameras. Used for top-class cinematic films, series and TV commercials, the compact and lightweight products are perfect for every filmmaker who wants to create stunning imagery.
The VariCam lineup utilizes Panasonic’s unique top-class technology, creating high quality, cinema-style footage in both true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR). Their cutting edge designs and superb imaging capabilities make the cameras ideal for all types of cinema filmmaking, as well as live events and performances such as Disney Broadway Hits. Netflix, HBO and BBC are among those using Panasonic’s digital cameras, such as: “Orange is the new Black”, “Master of None” and “Doctor Foster”.
The latest product from Panasonic is the EVA1. The compact and lightweight camera features a newly-designed 5.7K Super 35mm Sensor in addition to the Dual Native ISO, making it perfectly suited for documentaries, events, commercials, and music videos. Explore your undiscovered creativity and capture the highest quality images for a truly cinematic film production.
With Panasonic’s professional cinema cameras VariCam and EVA1 you’ll not only enjoy a variety of premium filmmaking applications, you’ll also create video footage with a superb cinematography in any given situation. Our YouTube channel provides you with videos featuring VariCam and EVA1, Behind the Scenes moments, tutorials, and footage shot on them.“
The following video presents Panasonic spotlights cutting edge tech at NAB 2018:
“From 8K cameras to HDR images, here’s a behind the scenes look at the innovative tech Panasonic is showcasing at NAB 2018. We’re redefining content creation with advanced distribution and consumption methods. You’ll see how we’re providing all the essentials for live video production and making capturing and streaming live content easy for everyone.“
Please support this site. Pre-order / buy the above Panasonic Cameras and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):
- Panasonic AK-UC4000 Camera and Accessory
- Panasonic AU-EVA1 Camera and Accessories
- Panasonic VariCam LT Camera and Accessories