This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Panasonic’s New ‘Post Focus’ Function Will Be Available on the LUMIX Digital Cameras DMC-GX8, DMC-G7 and DMC-FZ300 Via a Firmware Upgrade Version 2.0 Which Will Be Available at No Cost at GMT 1a.m. on November 25, 2015.
Post Focus function has been developed based on Panasonic 4K technology.
- Burst images in 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixel) are shot at 30 fps while detecting max. 49 areas of a frame to set focus at different focus points – near to far.
- It is made possible by Panasonic high-speed, high-precision DFD (Depth From Defocus) auto focus technology.
- Via Post Focus function, you can set sharp focus on the target subject after you shot the images.
Focus Stacking with Panasonic LUMIX camera Post Focus mode is easy.
The following video presents 4K Focus Stacking with Panasonic LUMIX Cameras – Presented by LUMIX Luminary Photo Joseph:
The Panasonic LUMIX Post Focus feature is an amazing new firmware upgrade for Panasonic LUMIX G7, LUMIX GX8, and LUMIX FZ300 digital cameras and will be found on future 4K enabled cameras from Panasonic.
It taps into the high resolution of 4K Video technology. Imagine being able to adjust the focus of a photo AFTER you’ve taken the shot. That’s exactly what Panasonic’s exclusive new 4K Post Focus is all about.
BUT DID YOU KNOW….
Thanks to this incredible in camera feature, photographers who engage in a technique called Focus Stacking can use the Post Focus Mode to import a stack into Photoshop and make a difficult technique a simple and rewarding photographic effect.
- DMC-G7 and
You can use Post Focus in the following situations:
- Changing Perspectives
You can pull different perspectives out of an image depending on the part you want to be in focus.
- Macro Shots
You can choose the best shot that meets your photographic intention.
- Getting Best In-focus Shots
You can always get the best in-focus shots.
- Optional functions for more precise focus setting:
- Focus Peaking
Highlighting the areas that are sharp / in-focus.
- 5x enlarged view
You can zoom in the picture even see subtle nuances and set the focus precisely
- Focus adjustment
You can adjust the focus point on touch monitor as you like
- Focus Peaking
The following video presents [NEW ] LUMIX | Post Focus – Select the in-focus area even after shooting:
Have you ever imagined that you can set sharp focus on the target subject after you shot the images? Now you can easily do it with the Post Focus function. Shooting the image on the spot to save it as you like later – it’s a whole new photographic experience for creative freedom.
The Post Focus function will be available on LUMIX GX8, G7 and FZ300 by updating the firmware to version 2.0. It will be available free of charge for LUMIX GX8, G7 (G70 in Germany) and FZ300 (FZ330 in UK) on or later 25, November, 2015.
You can buy the above Panasonic Lumix cameras at B&H: