The following video presents Olympus Tough TG-4: Concept Movie:
It’s not only extreme sports fans who appreciate rugged cameras – the new STYLUS TOUGH flagship will resonate with anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors and wants to capture their experiences in excellent quality, in any environment, without worrying about the light or the state of equipment. The TG-4 is a powerful all-rounder featuring an impressive super-bright 4x optical zoom lens (25-100mm*) with a 1:2.0 maximum aperture at wide zoom settings (*equivalent to 35mm). Also on board is the advanced, four-mode Variable Macro system including the unique focus stacking mode creating macro photos with exceptional depth of field in-camera. Divers will not only appreciate the new Underwater HDR feature and the built-in manometer. The ever-expanding family of specialist TOUGH accessories takes shooting into yet more extreme territory – be it photographic, sporting or geographical.
Olympus invites you to share your best summer adventure shots tagged #SummerofTough.
For the Olympus “Summer of Tough” Contest, winners are chosen weekly.
- Enter for your chance to win an Olympus TOUGH TG-4 and $5,000 for your tough vacation!
- Share your original and inspirational photos of your summer adventure on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr OR upload them at http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/summeroftough .
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- A purchase does not improve your chance of winning.
SUMMARY: Submit an original photo of your “Summer Adventure” that will be judged based on applicable criteria. If your photo is selected as a finalist for the stated entry period, you will win an Olympus Tough TG-4 Digital Camera and provided an opportunity to win a round trip ticket to a destination within the United States, and accommodations, for you and your guest.
Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older or have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence as of the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, the province of Quebec, outside the United States, and where prohibited by law. This Olympus “Summer of Tough” Contest (“Contest”) is subject to all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and local laws and Regulations.
- FOR CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY: Before being declared a Finalist, a Potential Finalist who is a Canadian resident will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question, to be administered by Sponsor, without mechanical or other aid.
Eight (8) Finalist Prizes
- Each Official Finalist will receive a “Finalist Prize” of one (1) Olympus Tough TG-4 Megapixel Digital Camera (“Olympus TG-4”). The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of an Olympus Tough TG-4 is $379.99 USD.
- Each of the eight (8) Finalists will receive the Olympus TG- 4 on or about August 7, 2015.
Finalist Requirements for Grand Prize Entry:
- Each of the eight (8) Finalists will be required to submit up to five (5) photos taken with the Olympus TG-4 and e-mail the photo submissions to a Sponsor-designated photo gallery by August 17, 2015.
- The Finalist photo submissions will be judged based upon the Judging Criteria. In the event of a tie, the tied Finalists will be re-judged by a tie-breaking judge using the same Judging Criteria stated herein.
- The Finalist that receives the highest score, based upon the Judging Criteria stated herein, will be deemed a “Potential Grand Prize Winner”.
The Grand Prize consists of one (1) trip for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest to the Grand Prize Winner’s choice of any destination within the United States or Canada (hereinafter, “Destination City”).
- Choice of Destination City is subject to approval by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- The Grand Prize includes round-trip, coach-class air transportation between the commercial airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and Destination City for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest (airports to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and hotel accommodations (one standard room and applicable taxes, double occupancy) at a hotel designated by Sponsor in Destination City.
- TOTAL ARV OF GRAND PRIZE: up to $5,000 USD. Actual retail value of prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations, point of departure, time of travel and choice of Destination City. The Grand Prize Winner will not be compensated for the difference between the actual retail value and the ARV of the prize as stated herein.
- In the event the Grand Prize Winner resides within a 180 mile radius of Destination City, the air transportation portion of the prize will not be awarded and Sponsor will provide ground transportation between the Grand Prize Winner’s home and Destination City. Sponsor will not reimburse the Grand Prize Winner for any difference between the cost of ground transportation and the cost of air transportation.
- Guest must be 18 years of age or older as of the time of travel.
- The Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for any and all meals and beverages, ground transfers between the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and airport of departure, ground transportation in Destination City, gratuities, travel upgrades, baggage fees, personal incidentals and any other expenses not specified as a part of the Grand Prize.
- Prize Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local taxes on prize.
- Prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
- Prizes are non-transferable and no cash or other substitutions will be allowed.
Total ARV of all prizes (8 Finalist prizes + 1 Grand prize): $8,039.92
Entry for the Contest begins at 12:01AM Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on June 9, 2015, and ends at 11:59:59AM EDT on August 3, 2015 (“Promotion Period”).
There are a total of eight (8) entry periods during the Promotion Period (each an “Entry Period”) as listed in the chart below. Sponsor’s computer shall be the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
- At the conclusion of each Entry Period, all eligible Entries received during that Entry Period will be judged by a qualified panel of judges selected by Sponsor, which may include employees and/or agents of Sponsor and Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects to this Contest.
- One (1) Entry will be selected as a Finalist from each Entry Period for a total of eight (8) Finalists.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- (i) Originality/Creativity (1-10 points);
- (ii) Relevance to theme (1-10 points); and
- (iii) Ability to Inspire (1-10 points).
- The Entry that receives the highest score, based upon the Judging Criteria stated herein, will be deemed a ”Potential Finalist”.
- In the event of a tie, the tied Entrants will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as the tie-breaker using the same criteria as outlined herein.
You may enter as often as you like during each Entry Period, however each Entry must include a unique Photo.
- Entries submitted during an Entry Period will not roll over into the following Entry Period(s).
- All Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Entry must be an original picture taken by the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
- If a child or children are in the Entry, entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of the child/children featured and grants permission to Sponsor to use and exhibit the Entry, including the child/children’s name and/or likeness, as set forth in these Official Rules.
- Once you have been selected as a Finalist, you are disqualified from being selected as a Finalist for other Entry Periods during this Contest.
- Limit one Finalist Prize per household.
Five (5) Ways To Enter
To enter during any of the Entry Periods:
- a) Select a unique photo taken by you which represents your “Summer Adventure” (hereinafter “Photo”) and,
- b) post/upload the Photo via one of the entry methods (“Entry Methods”) listed below using hashtag #Summeroftough.
- Please note: a) and b) are collectively an “Entry”.Photos must be in JPG, PNG or GIF format and 2MB in size or smaller.
(1) VIA FACEBOOK.COM:
- Entrants must have an active, non-protected Facebook account with “public” settings.
- By submitting an entry via Facebook, each Entrant consents to receive, from the Sponsor and/or Contest Administrator, a posted message on his/her Facebook wall page and, if applicable, a Facebook direct message, or e-mail notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential Finalist. You can change your settings back to “private” any time following the announcement of the Finalists. For the Facebook Terms, visit https://www.facebook.com/policies.
- It is not necessary to “Like” the Olympus Fan Page on Facebook. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By submitting an entry via Facebook, you understand that you are submitting your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
- Individuals who enter via Facebook must be the authorized account holder of the Facebook account from which the Entry is made.
(2) VIA INSTAGRAM:
- Entrants must have an active and non-private Instagram account or sign up for a free Instagram account at www.instagram.com. Entries posted by a private Instagram account will not be recognized. Entrants will be required to have a public account in order to accept an eligible Entry hashtag.
- By submitting an Entry via Instagram, each entrant consents to receive, from the Sponsor and/or Contest Administrator, an Instagram comment to the Photo you submitted and, if applicable, an e-mail notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential Finalist.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Individuals who enter via Instagram must be the authorized account holder of the Instagram account from which the Entry is made.
(3) VIA TWITTER:
- Entrants must have an active, non-protected Twitter account or sign up for a free Twitter account at www.twitter.com to participate in the Contest. Your Twitter settings must be “public” and can be changed back to “private” any time following the announcement of the Finalists. Twitter is free to download and use of Twitter is subject to the Twitter Terms, found here: https://twitter.com/tos .
- Entrants must also follow @Olympus on Twitter and can unfollow @Olympus at any time after the end of the Promotion Period.
- By submitting an Entry via Twitter, each entrant consents to receive, from the Sponsor and/or Contest Administrator a reply Twitter message and, if applicable, a Twitter message, or direct message notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential Finalist.
- Individuals who enter via Twitter must be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the Entry is made.
(4) VIA TUMBLR:
- Entrants must have an active Tumblr account and become a follower of CaptureOlympus.tumblr.com.
- You can unfollow CaptureOlympus.tumblr.com at any time after the end of the Promotion Period.
- If you do not already have a Tumblr account, create a Tumblr account according to the instructions at www.tumblr.com and follow Olympus as indicated above.
- Submissions must comply with the Tumblr Community Guidelines available at (https://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/community) and the Tumblr Terms of Service available at (https://www.tumblr.com/policy/en/terms-of-service).
- By submitting an Entry via Tumblr, each entrant consents to receive, from the Sponsor and/or Contest Administrator, a Tumblr comment to the Photo submitted and, if applicable, an e-mail notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential Finalist.
- Entries posted by a private Instagram account will not be recognized.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Tumblr.
- Individuals who enter via Tumblr must be the authorized account holder of the Tumblr account from which the Entry is made.
(5) VIA WEBSITE:
- Visit http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/summeroftough to complete the Official Entry form by including your first and last name, a valid email address, phone number, hashtag and photo as directed herein above and a brief description of the photo.
….Entrants (which shall include entrants, Finalists, and Grand Prize Winner) give Sponsor, its parent, affiliated and subsidiary companies, including their respective designees, successors, licensees and assigns a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, broadcast, edit, modify, create derivative works from, display, and otherwise exploit the Entry (and all rights embodied therein), in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose, in any manner (including, without limitation, on website and social media pages of Sponsor), including without limitation for commercial, promotional or marketing purposes, without compensation or notification to, or permission from, you. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials. Entrant agrees that Related Entities are not responsible for any unauthorized use of Entries by third parties. Related Entities do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may take down any Entry at any time and for any reason at its sole discretion….
By accepting a prize under this Contest, each Prize Winner agrees that the Sponsor and those acting under the Sponsor’s authority may use Prize Winner’s name, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, compensation, or permission, unless prohibited by law….
You can find the full contest official rules:
- on the pop-up entry page, after you click on the “Submit an Entry,” button; located just above the “Submit” button, at http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/summeroftough, or
Good Luck! / Bonne Chance!
This video presents TG-4 Product Overview.
All I get is an error when trying to upload a photo directly. I have tried different browsers, reloading the webpage. Nothing works. I am not able to enter any other way. Is this a temporary issue?
“There was an error while uploading your file.
Please reload your page and try again.”
Not sure. Have you tried again? Maybe also try one of the other ways mentioned in the article (via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr).