The following video presents 48 hours. 48 cities. Join Sony Xperia for an extraordinary global event:
You hold the power in your hands to find the extraordinary in the everyday with Xperia
On 13-14 June, people all over the world are discovering the power to see in the dark, survive underwater and stay awake for days…and it’s all thanks to Xperia.
Get your cameras ready and share the extraordinary moments from your world, for a chance to win some amazing prizes.
Sony Mobile Communications invites you to enter the Xperia 48 Hour Competition.
- This Competition is organized and hosted by Sony Mobile Communications AB, 221 88 Lund, Sweden (“Promoter”) from: Saturday 13 June 2015 at 00:01 BST to Monday 15 June 2015 at 00:00 BST (“Competition Closing Date”).
A trip to Niagara Falls or one of 48 Xperia handsets up for grabs
Be part of our global Instagram event 13-14 June for your chance to win one of many fantastic prizes. From city lights at dusk to selfies in the rain, simply share the incredible pictures you capture with your Xperia during the 48 hours to enter. Don’t forget to use #ICan #Xperia and hashtag your location to join in.
Share your photos between 00:00 BST on Saturday 13 June and 00:00 BST on Monday 15 June to be in with a chance of winning.
- All Participants must be aged at least 18 years old at the date of entry of this Competition, and have the legal right to enter into this agreement and to grant any and all rights – to your User Submission Content (“Content”) in the form of Photo asset.
- Images must be the entrants own and not taken from any other source.
- Participants cannot be legal entities.
- This Competition is made available to enter without any obligation to make a purchase for entry.
- The Competition is only open to residents of countries where the Competition is locally available. These consist of: United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Netherlands, China, Taiwan, Brazil, Spain, France, Greece, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Russia, Ukraine, United States of America, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, Turkey, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, South Africa, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Australia, India (excluding the State of Tamil Nadu), Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland. Residents of Italy are excluded from winning but may still participate.
- Notice to Canadian residents:Residents of the Province of Quebec are excluded from entering. If a winner is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer, without mechanical aid, a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered by telephone, at a time mutually convenient for Participant and Promoter, prior to verification and award of prize.
There are a total of 49 (forty nine) prizes (“Prizes”) to be won during the Competition.
48 (forty eight) Runner Up Prizes
- One per winner per participating country, consist of an Xperia Z3 or Xperia Z3 Compact smartphone each valued at approximately €678.87 (764.41 US Dollar at the current exchange rate).
- Up to the value of €10,000 (11,260.00 US Dollar at the current exchange rate) consists of 1 (one) weekend trip for 2 people to Niagara Falls, USA.
- The Prize consists of a trip for 2 persons (consisting of the Winner and accompanying guest who must also be 18 or over) to Niagara falls, USA (“Event”) including the following components:
- International economy flights from origin country (Winner is responsible for travel to/from their home to the airport; the airport will be determined by the Promoter)
- Accommodation in 4* hotel for 6 nights (1 room for 2 people)
- Breakfast everyday
- Airport transfers in Niagara Falls
- A total of [$500] spending money per person for the entire Event
- Travel Insurance for Winner & accompanying guest
To participate, you need to enter the Competition via https://apps.facebook.com/sonyxperiahub/global/48hour (any website and/or platform(s) and/or application(s) used to enter the Competition shall be collectively known as “the Platform”). Each Participant has to:
i. Access the competition tab within the Inside Xperia app on the Sony Mobile Facebook page –
ii. Read the instructions on how to enter the competition
iii. Follow the @sonyxperia Instagram channel
iv. Follow the instructions on how to upload the original photo to Instagram, accompanied by the #ICan and #Xperia hashtags and @sonyxperia handle and hashtag the image location e.g. #London. You will also need to follow these rules:
- All non-original imagery will be disqualified from entry and removed from the #ICan #Xperia gallery.
- All imagery not containing both hashtags #ICan and #Xperia will be disqualified and not included in the competition
- All imagery containing product placement or which advertises another brand, product or service not Sony Mobile Communications will instantly be disqualified and legal action may be taken
- The submitted photo may only include images of you and/or scenery. The image should be of where you live or the surrounding area, whether this is a city-view or a beautiful meadow and must be in keeping with Sony’s image and must be intended for family audience viewing….
All photos validly submitted for the Competition will be judged as follows:
- 3 validly submitted photos per participating country will be chosen by the Promoter based on the following criteria – originality, creativity and relevance of the photo in relation to the Competition set forth by the Promoter.
- Shortlisted participants will be contacted via Instagram Direct Message by a representative from Sony Mobile Communications who will require the participant’s email address to progress further.
- Shortlisted participants will be required to answer a creative question to determine their account is genuine.
- Your IMEI number may be requested to confirm you took the photo on your Xperia.
- The shortlist selection will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Each Prize winner will then enter the Competition to win the Grand Prize.
- 1 (one) Prize winner will be chosen from the Promoter’s shortlisted entries by an impartial representative from the World Photography Organisation.
- The winner (“Winner”) will be selected as follows: A representative from The World Photography Organisation will select a winning photo based on the following criteria – originality, creativity and relevance of the photo in relation to the competition criteria as determined by the judging panel in their sole discretion.
…Where required by mandatory local law, the identity of the Winners will be published. By participating
to this Competition, the Participant agrees to see his or her name and, where applicable, picture, made
available to the public via any applicable media or platforms selected by the Promoter in its reasonable
The Participant grants Promoter (and any company within its group of companies) any and all rights necessary for distribution and public display of any submitted text, image, or other intellectual property rights that may arise from participation in this Competition (including each and every Entry), the Prizes or related publicity, and grants Promoter the perpetual right to exclusively, royalty-free and without limitation freely use, modify, edit, copy, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works from, alter and publicly display, broadcast or publish any such intellectual property rights including without
limitation, Your name, voice, likeness or any other identifiable representation of You (“Likeness”), for whatever purpose, in any form or medium, either on the Platform or any other Promoter owned and/or controlled website, platform or property, whether promotional or in other activities or events arranged by Promoter, whether locally or worldwide….
Each Participant acknowledges that any of the Photos submitted will be uploaded through his or her own accounts to “Instragram” and will be visible in the On Display application, through the use of the specific hashtag. The photos will be shown on the application, available for other Participants to see provided that the Promoter reserves the right to deny or refuse any images or photos that the Promoter considers inappropriate. Each Participant expressly authorizes the Promoter to use, reproduce, represent, publish, transform and spread in the Web and/or “Instagram” free of charge any photo uploaded by the Participant. Each Participant also authorizes the other participants to access and display the Photo/s uploaded in “Instagram” free of charge….
In case a Winner is not available to attend the Event, Winner and accompanying guest forfeit all rights to attend the Event and Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner….
Your Content will be publicly displayed, you understand and agree that it will not be treated in confidence. To the contrary, many people from around the world will be able to see the photo that you post publically on Instagram using the #ICan #Xperia hashtags. Your photos will be included in a live gallery alongside images from all other participants….
The Participant may direct any question regarding the activity by post to Sony Mobile: Sony Mobile Communications AB, 221 88 Lund, Sweden….
You can read the full Terms and Conditions for the Xperia 48 Hour Competition at: http://ondisplay.sonymobile.com/upload/35/48Hour-OnDisplay-TCs-150610.pdf .
More info can be found at: https://fb.sonymobile.com/48hr .