Nikon is sponsoring the Weather Network’s documentary series Storm Hunters – Spring and Fall Seasons.
- Storm Hunters follows meteorologists Mark Robinson and Jaclyn Whittal as they track dangerous storms, chase tornadoes in the US mid-west and report on extreme weather across North America.
- The program with Nikon includes integration of Nikon products throughout the series – such as the Nikon KeyMission 360 (Full 360° Video in 4K UHD) Action Camera – dedicated digital environment, promotional support and social mentions.
The sponsorship is a first of its kind for The Weather Network, it brings Nikon’s advanced technologies to the series to provide best in class imagery of storms.
The following video presents 360 video: Storm Hunter takes on crazy winds at Crystal Beach:
“Storm Hunter Mark Robinson takes on snow squalls in this 360 video.”
- To get 360° scenes in this video, please click on the arrow to start the video, then place your cursor on the video and move it horizontally or vertically.
- At the 0:19 sec mark, there is a list of Nikon gear.
The Nikon-sponsored episodes of
#Stormhunters can be viewed at https://www.theweathernetwork.com/stormhunters?platform=hootsuite .
The Weather Network Launches Season 2 of Storm Hunters
New Partnership with Nikon brings state-of-the-art technology to the series
Oakville, April 10, 2017 – The Weather Network announced today that the documentary series Storm Hunters has returned for another season. Storm Hunters follows meteorologists Mark Robinson and Jaclyn Whittal as they track dangerous storms, chase tornadoes in the US mid-west and report on extreme weather across North America.
New to the upcoming season is an exclusive sponsorship by Nikon, a leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology. The sponsorship is a first of its kind for The Weather Network, it brings Nikon’s advanced technologies to the series to provide best in class imagery of storms.
“We’re excited to partner with Nikon on this special documentary programming, they’ve provided their extensive expertise, technology and equipment to help us tell weather stories during all types of weather and seasons,” said Simon Jennings, Chief Revenue Officer of The Weather Network. “It’s an excellent example of how we work closely with clients to create customized and unique programs that meet the needs of our clients and to engage with our users.”
The program with Nikon includes integration of Nikon products throughout the series, dedicated digital environment, promotional support and social mentions. Additionally, the partnership includes:
- Sponsorship of all 23 episodes of Storm Hunters Spring and Fall seasons:
- New Spring episodes air on Sundays and Wednesdays beginning April 2nd
- New Fall episodes begin in October
- Enhanced Local Forecast skin with forecasts overlaid on photographic background and Nikon branding
- First to market broadcast executions, including takeovers custom executions on Television
- Live mentions of Storm Hunters by The Weather Network’s on-camera presenters
- Social postings to The Weather Network nearly 1.75 million followers
“Nikon products allow professionals and enthusiasts alike to capture amazing moments and share their adventures and experiences with the world,” said Amanda Mohammed, Manager, Communications & Nikon Professional Services, Nikon Canada Inc. “Partnering with Storm Hunters and The Weather Network is an incredible opportunity to showcase the durability, reliability and precision of Nikon technology, which is so important when tracking and capturing some of the most extreme weather events in Canada.”
All spring episodes of Storm Hunters can be viewed at theweathernetwork.com/xxxx.
About Pelmorex Media Inc.
Celebrating 27 years, Pelmorex Media Inc. is the parent company of The Weather Network, MétéoMédia, Eltiempo.es and Wetterplus.de. Pelmorex operates in North America, Europe, LATAM, India and Australia. The Weather Network and its French counterpart MétéoMédia are Canada’s most popular weather and information services on TV, web and mobile apps. Eltiempo is Spain’s leading multi-platform weather information provider. Pelmorex also operates Canada’s National Alerting Aggregation and Dissemination System which aggregates and distributes emergency alerts issued by authorized government agencies.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™. Nikon Inc. is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables users to tell their stories through amazing photos and videos. Nikon Inc. distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; COOLPIX® compact digital cameras; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics, as well as the Nikon 1 compact interchangeable lens camera system and the KeyMission line of action cameras. Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Inc., recently announced the production of 100 million NIKKOR lenses in 2016, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. All Nikon Canada products are sold through a network of Authorized Nikon Canada Dealers. For more information on Nikon Canada and its products and services or to find an Authorized Nikon Canada Dealer, visit www.nikon.ca.
Please support this site. Buy the Nikon KeyMission 360 and accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):