This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Nikon Scholarships for Canadian Photography Students in Canada or Abroad to Attend Magnum Masterclass: Applications to Be Received Before 6 PM EST Apr.30, 2015, and
- You’re Invited: Nikon Lecture Series & Cleaning of Nikon Products @ No Cost in Toronto May 6, 13, 20 & 27 + Guided Photo Walk-Chance to Win a Nikon Coolpix AW 130 @ No Cost May 23, 2015.
The Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, one of Canada’s premier cultural events, will showcase over 1,000 Canadian and international artists and photographers exhibiting at 175 venues throughout Toronto.
- During the month of May, an extensive range of exhibitions, public installations, lectures, and workshops will be presented to more than one million people.
- On the first day of the CONTACT Photography Festival – May 1, 2015 – Nikon Canada will open the Picture Your World photo contest to legal residents of Canada who, at time of entry, are of the age of majority in their province of residence (“Eligible Entrants”).
We want to see your world in photos! We’re looking for creative views, colourful events and inspired moments that best define what ‘Picture Your World’ means to you.
Each week of the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, we’ll focus on a different assignment and eagerly await your submissions. Judges will be looking at how your photo best reflects our thematic focus: Picture Your World.
“Who or what defines your world? Every photo captures an indelible moment in time, celebrating our artistic identity and creative expression. Our photographic images define who we are and express a unique perspective on the world we live in.”
- Each weekly Picture Your World Photo Contest* winner – selected by a panel of judges – will receive one (1)Nikon D5500 HD-SLR with 18-55mm VR II Lens (approximate retail value $999.95) and one (1) $50.00 Gift Certificate from Vistek.
- One grand prize winner will be selected by public community voting (from June 5 to June 12, 2015) at https://contactfestivalnikon.ca/contact-contest-2015.php .
- That winner will receive a one (1) 18” x 24” signed Limited Edition (1 of 25) Chromogenic Print titled Extended Breathing with Moving Grasses (2009) by Suzy Lake (approximate retail value $1,500.00) (the “Grand Prize”)
- The winning photo will also be featured at https://contactfestivalnikon.ca/contact-contest-2015.php, on the Nikon Canada Facebook and Twitter and YouTube pages, and on the CONTACT website.
Picture Your World Photo Contest Periods & Deadlines (4)
There are four weekly Picture Your World Photo contests that runs during the following dates (the “Contest Periods”) for these assignments regarding the thematic focus: “Picture Your World”:
- Week 1 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Friday, May 1, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 10, 2015:
- “Enrich Your World: Show us your perspective on a world that is enriched by colours, or uses vibrant colours to demonstrate artistic expression.”
- Week 2 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 11, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 17, 2015:
- “Illuminate Your World: Use light in a creative way to picture your world.”
- Week 3 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 18, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 24, 2015:
- “Explore Your World: Explore the world from inside overlooked architecture, hidden infrastructure or simply unique perspectives of your town, your city or your world.”
- Week 4 – 12:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 25, 2015 to 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 31, 2015:
- “Share Your World: We share the world with animals and people. Show us who or what has made your world a special place.”
Start planning “Picture Your World” photos now around these weekly assignments.
The entry deadline for each Contest Period is 11:59 ET on the Sunday of each of the above Contest Periods (“Contest Closing Date(s)”).
No purchase is necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Ownership of photos submitted as entries to this contest remain with the photographer, and the photograph will not be used for purposes outside of the contest without written consent.
To Enter the Contest, Starting May 1, 2015:
- Visit www.contactfestivalnikon.ca or the Nikon Canada Facebook page (www.facebook.com/NikonCanada) and select the CONTACT Festival tab (collectively, the “Contest Website”).
- Select the “Picture Your World” contest link in the bottom navigation bar.
- Complete all fields of the Entry Form and follow the instructions to upload a photo that reflects the theme (described on the Contest Website) for the Contest Period. The Entry Form must be accompanied by an original photo taken by the Eligible Entrant. Photographs submitted cannot have previously been the winner of any photo contest, whether or not prizing was involved.
- After completing the Entry Form (“Contest Entry”), you may follow the instructions to share the Contest with friends and family.
Eligible Entries must be received during one or more of the weekly Contest Periods, comply with the Official Contest Rules & Regulations (pdf), and consist of a completed Contest Entry — both one (1) photo and one (1) description.
- Photos must be either .jpg or .png file format. Maximum file size of any photo entered is 10MB.
There is no limit to the number of Contest Entries per person, but each one must contain a unique and original Photo (i.e. the same photo, or substantially the same photo, may not be submitted more than one (1) time in this Contest). To be eligible, each Contest Entry submitted by an Eligible Entrant must use the same name and contact details.
Eligible Entries will be posted on the Contest Website and remain on display there at the discretion of CONTACT, the Contest Administrator and/or the Prize Providers.
At the end of each weekly Contest Period, all Eligible Entries for the Contest Period will be reviewed and judged by a panel appointed by CONTACT and the Contest Administrator (“Judging Panel”), in their sole discretion, on the basis of
- messaging and/or other criteria which the Judging Panel, in its sole discretion, may subjectively determine.
The Judging Panel will select one (1) Eligible Entry for each weekly Contest Period (“Selected Entrant”).
- Within five days after the Contest Closing Date of the final Contest Period, the Eligible Entries from each of the weekly Contest Periods will be displayed on the Contest Website for the purpose of public voting from Friday, June 5, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. ET to Friday, June 12, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. ET (the “Voting Period”).
- Any visitor to the Contest Website during the Voting Period (a “Voter”) will be able to vote for one (1) of the four (4) Selected Entrants to become the Grand Prize Winner (a “Vote”).
- To enter a vote, follow the instructions on the Contest Website during the Voting Period.
- Maximum one (1) vote per Voter per 24-hour period.
- At the end of the Voting Period, the Selected Entrant receiving the most votes will become the “Selected Grand Prize Entrant”.
…To be eligible to win a Prize or the Grand Prize (become a “Prize Winner”), Selected Entrants and the Selected Grand Prize Entrant must……
Consent to the use of his/her Contest Entry, name and photograph for any future advertising or promotional purposes, without limitation and without further compensation, except where prohibited by law….
Consent for CONTACT, the Prize Providers and/or their affiliates to use, publicize or broadcast the Selected Entrant’s photo submitted as a Contest Entry, name, city of residence and any photo taken of the Selected Entrant by the Contest Administrator, CONTACT or the Prize Providers in any form, for any advertising or promotional purposes including, but not limited to publication on the websites, and in online and print materials of CONTACT or the Prize Providers in connection with the Contest, and to advertise and promote the Contest held in the year 2015 without limitation and without further consideration, except where prohibited by law. The Selected Entrant thereby releases CONTACT, the Prize Providers and their respective affiliates from all liability arising out of such use, publication or broadcast. The Selected Entrant acknowledges that he/she has no right to approve the advertising or promotional materials which include references to the Selected Entrant…
By submitting a Contest Entry, Entrants expressly consent to collection, use and disclosure of personal information to CONTACT, the Contest Administrator and the Prize Providers for the purposes of administering the Contest, and for CONTACT’s marketing purposes. CONTACT and/or the Contest Administrator and/or the Prize Providers will have the right to use personal information of each Prize Winner and the Grand Prize Winner to communicate with them (and any substitute Prize Winner as required), and to announce the Prize Winners and Grand Prize Winner of the Contest. All personal information of Entrants will be retained for a period of three (3) months after all Prize Winners have been declared…
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited or restricted by law….
*See the contest Rules & Regulations (pdf) for full details.
Good Luck! / Bonne Chance!
The following video presents Nikon D5500: Product Tour:
Get in touch with your creativity with the all-new D5500. Packed with innovative features including a touch screen vari-angle LCD monitor, the compact DX-format camera empowers you to follow your instincts without limits.