The following video presents Nikon Canada @ 2014 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival kickoff!
Time lapse video of the 2014 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival Launch and Public Reception at the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (MOCCA) in Toronto. (May 2, 2014)
Nikon Canada is proud to be the official camera sponsor of CONTACT for 2014, demonstrating our ongoing support of artists and photographers in their passion for delivering messages through art.
Announcing the full exhibition program for the 2015 edition of the Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival!
Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival: May 1 – 31, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Please click here for the interactive map of events: Some exhibitions/events/activities have FREE admission
Festival Launch Party: May 1, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm @ MOCCA
Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (MOCCA)
952 Queen St W
Toronto M6J 1G8
Celebrate the month of photography in Toronto!
CONTACT showcases Canadian and international artists throughout the month of May, and is one of Toronto’s premier cultural events.
Now in its 19th year, the Festival includes these highlights.
- 15 Primary Exhibitions,
- Within museums and galleries, 15 exhibitions of images gathered from around the world reflect the scope of photo-based practices from the past and present-day.
- 12 Public Installations,
- 12 site-specific installations in Toronto and eight projects across Canada offer unexpected encounters with images in public space.
- 31 Featured Exhibitions,
- In galleries across the city, 31 selected exhibitions present a broad spectrum of photo-based works by Canadian and international artists.
- 116 Open Exhibitions
- 116 exhibitions in communities across Toronto showcase images by hundreds of artists and photographers.
Each May, The Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival enlivens the Toronto area with a month-long celebration of contemporary photography. The Festival has shown over 1000 local, national and international photographers at more than 200 venues. As the largest photography event in the world, Scotiabank CONTACT stimulates excitement and discussion among an audience of over 1.5 million.
Also, join Contact for the Festival Launch Party on May 1st, 7pm, at the Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art (MOCCA). The Festival magazines are out April 23!
- Celebrate the launch of the 2015 Festival, at the MOCCA, in conjunction with the opening receptions for Part Picture, and Past Picture: Photography and the Chemistry of Intention , with Demolition Site on view in the MOCCA courtyard.
Visit www.scotiabankcontactphoto.com for information on all Festival programming, including exhibitions, events, workshops, and talks.