Nature Canada invites you to participate in the Nature Canada’s 2015 Photo Contest.
- To be eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize, you must be a permanent resident of Canada.
- All photographs entered in the Contest must be of Canadian content (i.e. taken in Canada).
- Content alteration of digital files is not acceptable.
…we will be accepting photo entries which capture the beauty of Canadian nature all around us. Special prizes from our generous supporters are available for the winners who will be announced.
Our top prize, generously donated by Copper Cayuse Outfitters, is a trip for two on their Historic Li-lik-hel Mine Expedition. According to their website, you will get to ride on trails that were originally cut by the miners and have been pounded in by years of horses transporting the gold ore to the rail-head in the early 1900’s. You’ll spend three days and two nights in BC’s spectacular Coast Mountain Range, exploring the beautiful mountain range between Birkenhead Lake and the Li-lik-hel mine. Recently, this expedition has been officially designated as a Canadian Signature Experience! Read about the experience here….
It is our hope that by spending time in nature you will experience and learn about the natural beauty our country has to offer. So get up, get outside, and enjoy the great outdoors!
Categories into which you can submit your photo(s)!
- Canadian Landscape
- People in Nature
- Nature in Action
- Fauna & Flora
- Nature Nearby
- Favorite Memory in Nature
- Web Version Entries can be submitted electronically through the website of the contest (http://naturecanada.ca/2015-photo-contest/), or by email (email@example.com).
- Submissions made by email must include the entrants full name, self-identification (Amateur, Professional, or Youth), the category into which you wish to enter your photo, and a description of your photo to be eligible.
- Entries can be submitted electronically on the Photo Contest Facebook event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/870283046378461/).
- Submissions must include #NaturePhotoContest, self-identification (Amateur, Professional, or Youth), the category into which you wish to enter your photo, and a description of your photo to be eligible.
- Entries can be submitted electronically on Twitter.
- Submissions must include @naturecanada, #NaturePhotoContest, self-identification (Amateur, Professional, or Youth), the category into which you wish to enter your photo, and a description of your photo to be eligible.
- Print Version Entries are also accepted by mail, in print format. The post address is as follows: 75 Albert Street, Suite 300 Ottawa, ON Canada K1P 5E7.
- Please include your name, your contact information, self-identification (Amateur, Professional, or Youth), the category into which you wish to enter your photo, and a description of your photo.
All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Contest closes at midnight ET on August 14, 2015.
- All photographic entries must be uploaded by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 14, 2015.
- Early Bird draw: submissions entered before 11:59 p.m. ET on August 3, 2015 will be eligible to win the second Early Bird prize, to be determined by Nature Canada.
- As of August 2015, Nature Canada’s panel of judges will choose which will become available for voting by the public on the Nature Canada website.
- You may vote for more than one photo.
By submitting a photo to the contest, the entrant hereby grants Nature Canada the right to use photos submitted to the contest. Nature Canada will have rights to use images digitally to (a) further expand on the print edition; (b) promote Nature Canada; and (c) promote Nature Canada via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and other social media outlets. By submitting a photo to the contest, the entrant also hereby grants to Nature Canada the non-exclusive, perpetual right and license to reproduce, publish and distribute, and to authorize the reproduction, publication and distribution of the photos, in print, on microfilm and microfiche, and in all electronic forms and media now known or later developed, including, but not limited to, on CD-ROM, over the Internet. By uploading a photo to the contest, entrants agree that any such reproduction, publication or distribution may be the work alone and not in conjunction with the works with which it is first published by Nature Canada. Nature Canada reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in its material during or after the Contest without further compensation to the entrants. For Nature Canada, promotional material shall include without limitation any print or electronic advertising or marketing material such as posters, online images, newspaper ads, television ads, e-mails and social media content. Waiver forms/ model releases are the responsibility of the entrant and must be available in the event the photo is selected as a winning photograph.
With regard to any photograph submitted to this Contest, the owner of the photo’s copyright retains all copyright. By uploading any photograph to the Contest, you grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials expressly grants) Nature Canada a world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, adapt, transmit, communicate, publicly display and perform, distribute and create compilations and derivate works or merchandise from any such submitted photograph to promote the Contest. You represent and warrant that you have the right to grant the license set out above. In the event copyright of any photograph submitted by an eligible entrant belongs to a minor, permission to enter the photo in the Contest, reprint, publish, or otherwise reproduce the images, as described above, must have been obtained, in writing, from the child’s parent or guardian prior to entry of the photograph in the Contest. Proof of such permission must be provided to the Contest Sponsor immediately upon request…
- No submissions will be accepted until May 19th, 2015. No submissions will be accepted after August 14th, 2015.
- Submissions made on social media must include #NaturePhotoContest in order to be eligible.
- A selection of the top photographs will be presented on our webpage for public voting.
- There is no limit as to the number of submissions by a single entrant.
- Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the Contest Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
For full contest rules and regulations please visit them at http://naturecanada.ca/rulesregs/ .