This is an update to the previous blog, Canon: New EOS DSLR Video Creator Lens Kits & Microphone Bundle for Youtube Creators: Kit Includes Either Canon EOS 70D, EOS Rebel T6i or EOS Rebel T5i Camera .
Canon wants to hear from you in a 15-second or less video of only yourself explaining what your passion is and why you want to be a YouTube® star.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
The Canon #CanonVidContest Video Contest (“Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 13 years of age or older, and physically located and residing within the 50 contiguous United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry.
- Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law.
- One (1) Prize Package will be offered.
- The Prize Package consist one (1) EOS Rebel T6i Video Creator Kit (MSRP $999.99) as shown above, and up to Three Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($3,500) for one (1) trip for one (1) winner and one (1) guest to attend the Canon Experience Center on July 30, 2015 in Costa Mesa, CA (the “Tour”).
- The trip will consist of round trip, coach-class air transportation for the winner and the guest between the major airport nearest to the winner’s home and an airport in or near the destination and a one (1) night stay at a hotel selected by Sponsor (one standard room, double occupancy; room rate and taxes only; size and type of room determined by Sponsor in its discretion).
- The trip to the Tour also includes a two (2) hour tour of the Canon Experience Center, hands-on produce training session with a Canon expert, and a video making session with iJustine.
- If the winner is under 21, the winner’s guest must be a parent or legal guardian of the winner. Sponsor has the right in its discretion to require that the winner’s guest be of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the guest resides, unless the winner is a parent or legal guardian of the guest. The winner may elect not to bring a guest if the winner is not a minor.
- The winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. All travel arrangements will be made by Sponsor or its agents. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If in the judgment of Sponsor hotel accommodations are not required due to the winner’s proximity to the trip destination, hotel accommodation will not be provided at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner.
- The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize Packages is up to $4,499.99.
- Limited to one (1) Contest Entry per person during the Contest Period.
- You will need an active Instagram (an “Account”) to participate in the Contest. If you don’t already have an Account, visit www.instagram.com to create an Account; creating an Account is free. FOR MOBILE USERS – Instagram Contest may not be supported on all mobile devices. Data rates may apply. You must upload your video to your Instagram Account using the hashtag #CanonVidContest.
- To enter, once during the Contest Period, post a 15 second or less video of only yourself explaining what your passion is and why you want to be a YouTube® star using the hashtag #CanonVidContest (the “Contest Entry”). See further Conditions of Submission in Section 4 at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/vidcon-rules-2015
Judging and Winner Selection
- On or about July 27, 2015, the Contest Entries will be judged.
- Contest Entries will be judged as provided at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/vidcon-rules-2015.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of qualified judges as selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- All eligible Contest Entries received during the Contest Entry Period will be judged on the basis of overall impression (50%), creativity (25%), and enthusiasm (25%) (“Judging Criteria”).
- In the event of a tie, the tied Contest Entries will be re-judged by the Sponsor using the same Judging Criteria. If there is a subsequent tie, a potential winner will be determined based upon the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to be based on each Judging Criteria in the order listed, as needed, to break the tie.
- The Winner will be announced on or around July 31, 2015.
….By submitting a Contest Entry, participant hereby grants to Sponsor a royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual and worldwide license to use and display the video, in whole or in part, contained in the Contest Entry, together with the first name, city, and state of participant on Sponsor’s social media pages and websites, the Contest Website, and otherwise use the Contest Entry in accordance with these Official Rules, without compensation of any kind or further notice to or approval from participant or any third party. Promotional Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any Contest Entry video. Promotional Parties do not guarantee that any Contest Entry will be posted. Subject to the rights granted to Sponsor, all Entrants (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) retains all copyrights in the video.
By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation and that Sponsor is free to use or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Contest Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Contest Entry you submit.
By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that Sponsor can modify your video, including by not limited to, altering, and editing your video. By submitting a Contest Entry, you agree that you shall have no right of approval, no claim to additional compensation and no claim (including without limitation, claims based upon invasion of privacy, defamation, right of publicity or copyright) arising out of any use, alteration, modification, resizing, editing any or all of the video.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control….
Release / Publicity Rights: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting the Prize, the winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, and/or likeness, Instagram handle, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide including, but not limited to, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation to the winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian), except where prohibited by law….
Please read the full Official Rules at http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/standard_display/vidcon-rules-2015 .