McAfee today announced a suite of bundled expert technical support services designed to help Canadian consumers with software installation, set-up, configuration, and troubleshooting. McAfee TechMaster services offers a variety of annual subscription packages and incident-based service options to help users address the growing complexity of their PCs, Macs, and mobile devices.
McAfee Introduces Comprehensive, Expert Technical Support Services
Range of bundled services allow consumers to choose which is best for them
MARKHAM, Ontario, February 23, 2012 – McAfee today announced a suite of comprehensive tech support services designed to help Canadian consumers address the growing complexity of devices that meet the needs of their individual or family’s digital lifestyles. McAfee® TechMaster™ services include a variety of bundled offerings that are competitively priced and leverage McAfee’s award-winning technical support capabilities.
McAfee TechMaster services are delivered remotely via phone, online and/or chat, allowing consumers to receive help from the comfort of their homes without the hassle of packing up their computers and devices, and hauling them to retail outlets to have them serviced.
Consumers simply allow McAfee TechMaster technicians to connect remotely to their PCs, and users can either watch the agents work or enjoy the convenience of a call-back when the issue or issues have been resolved.
McAfee has two unique value offerings:
● McAfee Concierge Gold provides busy families with one year of unlimited technical assistance for just CDN $179.95.
● McAfee Concierge Platinum provides consumers with unlimited support by North American, English-speaking agents and a subscription to McAfee® All Access, which provides security protection for all of the devices a family owns. This includes PCs, Macs and mobile devices. The cost is $349.95 for one year of continuous service and device protection.
“As consumers grow increasingly entrenched in their digital lifestyles, they have become more reliant on their PCs, Macs and mobile devices,” said Brenda Moretto, Manager of Canadian Consumer Sales at McAfee. “As their arsenal of personal technology gadgets grows, there’s no doubt that the need for professional tech support services will continue to increase. Millions of consumers already trust McAfee to protect their digital devices and we’re excited to extend this trusted relationship to now include services that will meet all of their tech support needs.”
McAfee TechMaster Services
McAfee Set-Up & Optimize: $69.95 per incident ● Assistance is offered with the installation and configuration of all widely used PC, mobile and Mac applications, smartphones, tablets, home networks, peripherals such as printers and cameras, or tune-up for PCs.
McAfee Set-up & Protect: $89.95 per incident ● For PCs: Out-of-the-box guidance and set-up of new PCs and peripherals such as monitors, keyboards, mice and printers. Includes McAfee® Internet Security software and complimentary installation.
● For Macs: All of the above. Also includes McAfee Internet Security for the Mac and complimentary installation.
McAfee Rescue: $89.95 per incident
● Virus Removal: The discovery and removal of any malware.
McAfee Advanced Troubleshooting: $129.95 per incident ● Tech Support for PCs and Macs: Addresses hardware and software issues, home network or printer-sharing issues and any problems related to peripheral devices.
● Maintenance for PC: Includes malware removal, PC Tune-Up and Internet Booster, which optimizes Internet performance to get a PC running at maximum speed.
● Data Recovery: Best-effort recovery of lost or deleted files
McAfee Concierge Support:
● McAfee Concierge Gold: Includes all of the services above for $179.95 annually
● McAfee Concierge Platinum with McAfee® Total Protection™ software
($299.95) or McAfee All Access ($349.95): Unlimited tech support services for North American customers only. Assistance will be delivered exclusively by North American, English-speaking agents. Includes installation of McAfee security software.
Technical Support Needs and Issues
A recent survey shows the market need for tech support services that optimize users’ digital devices:
● Sixty-eight (68) per cent of consumers would like help in reducing potential computer problems that put their data at risk
● Sixty-two (62) per cent want their PCs to run faster
● Fifty-seven (57) per cent would like help tracking down the most recent software updates and security patches.
(Source: CNET Accenture survey, 2011)
The challenges reflected in this and other research reports represent the main focus for McAfee TechMaster Services.
To learn more, please visit https://techmaster.mcafee.com/.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world’s largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that help secure systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world, allowing users to safely connect to the Internet, browse and shop the Web more securely. Backed by its unrivaled Global Threat Intelligence, McAfee creates innovative products that empower home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers by enabling them to prove compliance with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security.
McAfee is relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com
McAfee Canada is headquartered in Markham, Ontario, with regional offices across Canada. The company’s Consumer Software Research and Development facility is based in Waterloo, Ontario.
Note: McAfee, the McAfee logo, McAfee Total Protection and TechMaster are trademarks or registered trademarks of McAfee, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others. The product plans, specifications, and descriptions herein are provided for information only and subject to change without notice, and are provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied. Copyright © 2011 McAfee, Inc.