This is an update to the previous blog, Intel Security Announced the “5 Habits of Practically Unhackable People”.
The following video presents True Key by Intel Security:
With True Key, you are the password.
Tomorrow marks the 3rd annual World Password Day. This year, Intel Security urges companies and consumers to spend a few minutes considering the importance of passwords in their lives, while resolving to change and improve them.
Last year, more than 600 organizations and 32 major brand partners supported World Password Day, promoting better password habits among users, and inspiring confidence in the products that power Intel’s customers’ online lives. Using educational, entertaining, and engaging social content, Intel brought better password skills to people in 85 countries and nine languages.
What’s the best way to craft a strong new password this year? Chief Consumer Security Evangelist at Intel Security, Gary Davis, provides some tips below. His blog post can be found here.
- Change your passwords regularly
- Enable multi-factor identification
- Use unique passwords for every account
- Don’t casually share your passwords
- Lock your device with a PIN or password
- Let a manager memorize your passwords
- Stop using passwords that are one word
- Make long and strong passwords
Every password user and creator has a story. In observance of World Password Day, Intel is encouraging people to share a fun password confession via a picture, video, tweet or status update using the hash tag #PasswordConfession. Anyone who participates has the chance to win a one year FREE premium subscription to True Key by Intel Security.
What’s your password story?
- Tell us with #PasswordConfession on Facebook, Vine, Instagram, or Twitter and Intel will Gift you a full-year premium subscription to the True Key app.
To help get rid of your password pain – you can enjoy a free Gift of a 12-month premium subscription to True Key™ by Intel Security. Learn more about True Key here.
Here are the steps to enter the contest and claim your Gift:
- Step 1: Make sure your #PasswordConfession is set to public.
- Step 2: See Promotion Terms & Conditions for eligibility and important details and restrictions
- Step 3: Fill out the form below with your email, social platform, and username so we can verify your entry to send you free access.
….open only to those who are at least 18 years old (or the age of majority under applicable law, whichever is older)…..(Do not Tweet confidential or private information….)
Limit one Gift per person. Limit 10,000 Gifts offered under this Promotion….
License: You hereby grant to the Promotion Parties (defined below) a nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and publicly display the Submission, in whole or in part, on Intel Security websites and on third-party sites and online pages for any purpose, including for promotional and publicity purposes. For purposes of clarification and not limitation, this license includes, and you expressly consent to, the Promotion Parties’ right to use and publicly display your name, Twitter handle/username, image, likeness and persona. You agree to take any actions (including execution of documents) reasonably requested by Intel Security to effect, perfect or confirm the representations, licenses, and rights set forth in these Promotion Terms….
Please click here to read the full Promotion Terms & Conditions.