The following video presents Meet Google Pixel 2 | More, more, more:
“Meet the Google Pixel 2. It has the world’s highest-rated smartphone camera. Again. An exclusive preview of Google Lens. A stunning OLED display with clear resolution and rich colors. A battery that charges up to 7 hours in 15 minutes, and lasts all day. And so much more. Learn more at google.com/phones.“
Google today introduced the new smartphones, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL as well as Google Clips.
“What if smartphones were smarter and simpler?” That’s the question we asked ourselves last year, and what we set out to answer when we launched our first Pixel phone made by Google. With Pixel, we set out to make the smartphone experience better and bring the best of Google to the most important device in your life. So we created the world’s best smartphone camera and the first phone with the Google Assistant. But we didn’t stop there.
Vice President and General Manager for Phones, Google
PIxel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL cameras are powered by Google’s computational photography and machine learning (ML) capabilities.
- Pixel 2 comes in two sizes, with the same great features in both.
- 5-inch Pixel 2 has a crystal-clear cinematic OLED display which comes in Just Black*, Clearly White* and Kinda Blue*.
- 6-inch Pixel 2 XL has a razor-sharp pOLED 18:9 display which provides a full screen, immersive viewing experience, and comes in Just Black* and Black & White*.
- Both phones are powered by Android 8.0 Oreo and come with an always-on display which lets you see notifications at a glance on Pixel’s screen without having to touch the power button.
*Kinda Blue Pixel 2 color variant subject to local carrier availability. Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL phones have painted exterior surfaces which are chip resistant, but may chip if the phone is dropped. Some materials, such as leather or denim, may transfer color to Clearly White, Kinda Blue, and Black & White phones, this color transfer may be cleaned with ordinary household cleaners, see website for more details.
The following video presents Google Pixel 2 | Exploring New Orleans with 13thwitness:
“Follow photographer Timmy McGurr – better known as 13thwitness – as he explores New Orleans. Captured entirely on the all new Pixel 2, featuring the #1 smartphone camera as ranked by DxOMark, this video used no fancy rigs, attachments, or image enhancements. #teampixel”
Key Highlights of Both Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL:
- Rear Camera
- Autofocus with laser + dual pixel phase detection
- Optical + electronic image stabilization (IS)
- f/1.8 aperture
- Rear Camera Video: 1080p @ 30fps, 60fps, 120fps, 720p @ 30fps, 60fps, 240fps, 4K @ 30fps
- Front Camera
- f/2.4 aperture
- Fixed focus
- Front Camera Video: 1080p @ 30fps, 720p @ 30fps, 480p @ 30fps
- Memory & Storage
RAM: 4GB • Storage: 64GB & 128GB
- First phones built with eSIM, an embedded SIM that lets you instantly connect to a carrier network with the tap of a button. Getting wireless service with eSIM is as quick as connecting your phone to Wi-Fi. You’ll see the option to use eSIM to connect to the Project Fi network on all Pixel 2s purchased through the Google Store or Project Fi.
- New motion photos capture a few seconds of video around the shot so you can relive the moment around the picture.
- “Stunningly crisp, clear, and detailed“ photos in any light.
- “High-quality“ portraits with the perfect background blurs.
- Both optical and electronic video stabilization to give you remarkably smooth video, even when you’re on the move.
- Google once again is providing FREE unlimited storage for all of the photos and videos taken on your Pixel.
- Play with Augmented Reality (AR) Stickers, so you can add playful emojis and virtual characters to your photos and videos and set the scene for your very own stories.
- The new Now Playing feature, exclusive to Pixel, shows you what song is playing around you. With your permission it matches music to a database of thousands of songs that’s stored on your device, without sending any information to Google.
- Google Lens: Search What You See. You’ll be able to look up landmarks, books, music albums, movies and artwork by clicking on the Lens icon in Google Photos. You can also use Google Lens to copy URLs and contact info from a picture of a poster or business card. Google will add capabilities on an ongoing basis, including the use of Lens in the Google Assistant.
- You can access your Google Assistant with a new feature called Active Edge. Just give the phone a quick squeeze—even when it’s in a case—and ask the Assistant for what you need.
- A battery that lasts all day.**
**Based on use of the included charger and a mix of talk, data, and standby use with always on display off. Actual results may vary, see website for details.
- Up to 7 hours of battery on 15 minutes of charging1
1Battery use statistics are approximate and represent a mixed use of talk, standby, web browsing, and other features, with always on display off, according to an average user profile as defined by Google. Uses that involve an active display or data usage will use battery more quickly, actual results may vary. Charging rates are based on use of the included charger.
- Water and dust resistant2
¹Pixel has a water protection rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Charger and accessories are not water-resistant.
- Built-in security module: A security chip to reinforce your lock screen against malware and hardware attacks.
- Security updates for up to 3 years3
³Pixel’s software and security updates for three years.
- Google Play Protect: Works continuously in the background to keep your device, data and apps safe.
Availability and Pricing
Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are available for pre-order today starting at $649 in the U.S. Both products are also available in Australia, Canada, Germany, India and U.K. We’ll be bringing Pixel 2 XL to Italy, Singapore and Spain later this year. In the U.S., we’re teaming up with Verizon to make Pixel available nationwide at all Verizon retail outlets as well as at Best Buy stores. Pixel is also being offered on the Google Store. And Project Fi fans will be happy to know that Pixel also works on the Fi network.
For more info, please visit https://www.blog.google/products/pixel/new-pixel-2/
Buy a Pixel 2, get a new Google Home Mini on us.
When you purchase a Pixel 2, you’ll get a promo code for a Mini.
The following video presents Meet Google Home Mini | Small and mighty:
“It’s Google Home Mini, the Google Assistant for your house. Ask it to do anything from change the channel to call your mom, because it’s a little help at home, like only Google can.“
Please support this site. Pre-order / Buy the Google Home Mini from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):