This video presents Fuji Guys – Fujifilm X-T1 – First Look.
- The Fuji Guys show you the button and controls on this camera.
- Follow the Fuji Guys on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fujiguys .
Fujifilm invites you to enter your best Breathtaking Landscape photo through the Facebook app or microsite for a chance to win an amazing photo opportunity on a trip for 2 on the Adventure Canada Mighty Saint Lawrence voyage (www.adventurecanada.com/trip/mighty-saint-lawrence/) including airfare, meals, etc. plus a Fujifilm X-T1 camera kit with XF18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens. Join X Photographers Dan Bailey and Patrice Halley.
- Contest ends March 31 @ 11pm.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
- One entry per week, North America only (excluding Quebec and Hawaii). The FUJIFILM Breathtaking Landscapes Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open to all residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, and to all residents of the United States except Hawaii, provided that all entrants have reached the age of majority in their province/state (as applicable) at the time of entry.
- Photo(s) may be taken by any type of camera, but must be submitted digitally in JPEG format with a minimum resolution of 100dpi and a maximum size per photo of 4 megabytes.
There is one (1) grand prize – total value approx. $22,500 USD – to be awarded in connection with this Contest, which consists of the following.
- (i) a trip for two (2) passengers on the Mighty St. Lawrence cruise voyage leaving Quebec City, QC on June 14, 2015 and arriving St. John’s, NL on June 23, 2015.
- Value of cruise approx. $17,080 USD, value of transportation and accommodations provided approx. $3,720 USD.
- Referenced cruise dates are not subject to change or flexibility and prize winner (or a third party prize transferee) must take the trip offered.
- The cruise portion of the prize may be transferred by the prize winner to a third party, although a U.S. prize winner will receive all tax documentation and will be responsible for all taxes applicable to the prize awarded.
Complete cruise itinerary available at www.adventurecanada.com/trip/mighty-saint-lawrence/.
- All cruise passengers/travelers must be age 18+.
- (ii) a Fujifilm X-T1 camera kit.
- Value of X-T1 camera kit approx. $1,700.00 USD.
Photo Theme; Judging Criteria
The judges will select the winning photo (as well as an alternate winning photo) based on the judging criteria outlined in Section 8 of the Official Contest Rules on or about April 10, 2015 at Fujifilm’s office located at 600 Suffolk Court, Mississauga, ON, CANADA L5R 4G4.
The Contest photo theme is “Breathtaking Landscapes” and images received not reflecting that theme will be disqualified.
The Judging Criteria of all eligible entries received and their respective weighting shall be:
- (1)Exposure – Image is properly exposed and all pertinent details are visible (15%);
- (2) Focus – Images must be in focus, focal point should be placed on the subject, effective use of shallow depth of field, artistic quality of the out of focus areas of the image (20%);
- (3) Framing and Cropping – Images should be well cropped (i.e.: aspect ratio, rule of thirds & the golden spiral) (15%);
- (4) Composition – Symmetry, asymmetry, and effectively use the foreground and background (25%); and
- (5) Artistry – Images will be judged on overall creativity (25%). Images which have been digitally re-touched or enhanced (beyond post processing of RAW files, which is acceptable) will be disqualified.
The Judges will be the sole determiners of the Contest winners, based on the criteria set forth above. The Contest judges will select the winning photo from all eligible entries.
Submit Your Photo
- You can enter the Contest through the Contest microsite provided at fujifilm.votigo.com/fbcontests/profiletab/Breathtaking-Landscapes-Photo-Contest .
- Limit One (1) Entry Per Person, Per Email Address, Per Week During the Contest Period.
- Multiple entry attempts beyond the stated limit will be rejected.
Each Contest photo entry will undergo a brief, preliminary review by Sponsors.
- This review is preliminary only, and does not guarantee eligibility. Assuming the entry is not disqualified at this point (due to inappropriate content or failure to meet the required Contest photo theme, for instance), the Contest photo entry will be posted within the application on the Fujifilm facebook page and will immediately become available for fan “rating” or “voting”.
- Please note that although Fujifilm facebook fans shall have the ability to “rate” or “vote for” the photo(s) they “like,” on the Fujifilm facebook page, this “rating” or “voting” has no actual bearing on the Contest results and the final judging in this Contest.
….By entering, you grant a limited, non-exclusive license to Sponsor and its affiliates to post, display, publish and use your entry photo(s) in any form (including in cropped or edited form, as Sponsors deem appropriate and necessary) without further compensation on the Fujifilm Facebook Fan page with other Contest photo entries for “rating” or “voting”. Entrant agrees not to submit his or her entry photo(s) for commercial use by a competitor of Sponsor for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of entry in this Contest, and Entrant represents and warrants that his or her entry photo has not been commercially used by a Sponsor competitor within the 12 month period prior to the date of entry. With the exception of the photo submissions (which are licensed to Sponsor as noted above), all entry submissions become the permanent property of the Sponsor. By entering, you also agree to confirm to Sponsor any of the above in writing during the Contest Period or thereafter….
Acceptance of a prize shall constitute permission by the winner for Sponsors to use the winner’s name, entry photo(s), hometown, likeness, photograph, statements or prize information for advertising and publicity purposes worldwide without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited….
As referenced above in these Official Contest Rules, the name of the Grand Prize winner, their home town/ location, the submitted photo and any photo name or photo caption will be displayed on the Contest microsite, the Fujifilm Facebook Fan page, and otherwise public interfaces as Sponsors may deem appropriate….
This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, state and municipal laws applicable.