The following video presents Quick Look: XF405 & XF400 Pro Camcorders:
“Get excited about the new Canon XF 405 & XF400 Professional Camcorders! These camcorders are 4K UHD Video, Refined with Canon Brilliance.
Canon XF405 & XF400 Professional Camcorder Specs:
• 1.0-inch 4K UHD CMOS Image Sensor
• 15x Optical 4K UHD Zoom Lens with 5-Axis Optical Image Stabilization
• Dual DIGIC DV 6 Image Processors
• Dual Pixel CMOS AF
• 4K UHD and Full HD Recording to Dual SD Card Slots
• Slow and Fast Motion Recording up to 120fps
• 3.5-inch Touch Panel LCD and 0.24-inch Electronic Viewfinder
• HDMI 2.0 Terminal with 4K UHD 60P Output Support
• 3G-SDI Terminal (XF 405 Only)
• Flexible Audio Inputs with Linear PCM 4-channel Support
• RC-V100 Remote Controller Support
• Compact and Lightweight Design with Detachable Handle
• Network Connections for FTP Transfer and Browser Remote (Wired and Wi-Fi® Connectivity)
• Firmware Update: XF-AVC 4K UHD 60p Long GOP Recording Support“
Canon will release a new firmware update in mid-June 2018 for the following cameras:
Firmware Notice: XF405 / XF400: Information and Workaround for Issues Related to Interlaced Recording and White Balance
Thank you for using Canon products.
We have determined that a recording error may occur with the XF405 / XF400. The details of the phenomenon and support plan are described below.
Preparations are underway to incorporate improvements/revisions for the phenomenon into the latest Firmware for the XF405 / XF400. Once this Firmware is available for download, we will make an announcement on our website.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to customers, and we ask for your ongoing patience.
- Image quality degradation, such as color misalignment or edge distortion, may occur in the recorded footage when using the following combination of settings:
- recording format XF-AVC
- frame rate 59.94i（50.00i）
- 1920×1080 resolution
- Depending on usage conditions, a white balance error may occur when using Auto mode or a Special Scene mode* (*Portrait/Sports/Night Scene/Snow/Low Light/Spotlight).
For Phenomenon 1:
Users should use a configuration that does not include the settings listed above, although we acknowledge that this may not be possible for all users.
Note: This Phenomenon only affects internally recorded footage. Output signals from the output terminals are not affected.
For Phenomenon 2:
Perform the following sequence:
- Set the white balance setting to [AWB] in any of the P/Tv/Av/M modes.
- Select Auto mode or a Special Scene mode of your preference after having made the setting above (if needed).
Phenomenon 1: XF405 / XF400 Camcorders equipped with Firmware Version 220.127.116.11
Phenomenon 2: XF405 / XF400 Camcorders equipped with Firmware Versions 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124
Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 has been removed from Canon’s Web site.
The new firmware is scheduled to be released in mid-June 2018.
If you have not already done so, please register the XF405 and XF400. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Contact Information for Inquiries
|Canon Customer Support Center
|Support options and hours of operation: www.usa.canon.com/support
Please support this site. Buy the Canon XF405, XF400 Cameras and Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):