The following video presents Canon EOS C300 Mark II Tutorial Series: New Features:
“The EOS C300 Mark II Digital Cinema Camera takes the agility of the original EOS C300 and dials it up a notch. In this video tutorial series, hosted by Canon Digital Learning Center contributor, Jem Schofield, take a look at the new internal and external features of this camera and how it compares and differs from its predecessor. These videos will give you the information you need to make the most of this camera system and hit the ground running in any production environment. In this video, Jem dives into an overview of the camera. He goes through button placement, menu options, and hardware changes such as the battery, LEMO connector and accessory cables.“
The new firmware version 184.108.40.206.00 for Canon EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL will include the following improvements:
- Footage shot on Canon EOS C300 Mark II cameras will now automatically have lens metadata (MXF) embedded, including actual focal length data, not just the full frame 35mm equivalent.
- Enhancements to touchscreen sensitivity will enable EOS C300 Mark II users to enjoy easier focus position selection.
- Auto IRIS support has been added for the following lenses:
Apr 5, 2018
Firmware Notice: EOS C300 Mark II / EOS C300 Mark II PL: Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 incorporates the following enhancements:
- Retrieval of lens metadata, such as focal length, is now supported during XF-AVC recording.
- Sensitivity adjustment has been added for the LM-V1 LCD Monitor.
- Auto IRIS support has been added for the following lenses:
- EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM
- EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM
- Fixed a phenomenon in which the CFast card recording and/or REC OUT terminal output footage may be momentarily distorted when the shooting frame rate is set to 120fps in the [Slow & Fast Motion (crop)] recording mode on cameras running Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00 or later.
- You cannot perform the firmware update using CFast 2.0 cards. Please use a commercially available SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card that is 64MB or more for the firmware update.
- Firmware version 126.96.36.199.00 is for updating Cinema EOS C300 Mark II cameras running firmware version 188.8.131.52.00 – 184.108.40.206.00. If your camera’s firmware is already version 220.127.116.11.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
- For further information, please refer to the latest version of the camera’s Instruction Manual that is released with the firmware update.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the firmware update has been performed, the camera’s menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit’s Instruction Manual titled “Saving and Loading Camera Settings”.
Please note that after updating the camera to Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00, if you wish to continue using CFast (VPG130) cards that were used before the firmware update, you will need to format the CFast cards with the camera. After the firmware update, and before formatting the CFast cards with the camera, make sure to back up the clips saved to the CFast cards.
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VLB2.FIM / file size: 43,843,616 bytes ), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
- An EOS C300 Mark II or EOS C300 Mark II PL Digital Cinema Camera
- A computer (OS requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7 – 10.13)
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card with a capacity of 64 MB or more (commercially available)
- An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
- A fully charged battery pack for the camera
- Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
- The firmware (the downloaded file)
If you have not already done so, please register the EOS C300 Mark II and EOS C300 Mark II PL. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email about future announcements.
This information is for residents of the United States and its five territories only. If you do not reside in the USA or its five territories, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
Contact Information for Inquiries
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|Phone:||1-855-CINE-EOS (toll free)|
|For additional support options: pro.usa.canon.com/support|
The following video presents Canon EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro IS STM Lens Sample Movie:
“Capture the world in exquisite detail with the EF-S 35mm f/2.8 Macro STM. Its powerful features include a built-in Macro Lite for convenient lighting control to help create well-lit and vibrant photos highlighting fine details, and Hybris IS for virtually shake-free images and video. Its compact and lightweight body makes it easy to bring for shots on the go, with high image quality ideal for small subjects and everyday photography.“
The following video presents EF85mm f/1.4L IS USM “Pretty in White” (CanonOfficial):
“These images were shot with the EF85mm f/1.4L IS USM. Enjoy the wedding photos full of happiness.“
Please support this site. Buy the Canon EOS C300 Mark II, EOS C300 Mark II PL Cameras, the above Canon Lenses, as well as Accessories from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):