BlackBerry announces that the latest BlackBerry 10 device, the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone, will be coming to Canada.
BlackBerry has re-engineered its classic QWERTY keyboard so power users can type faster and more accurately. There’s also less spacing between the keys to make the BlackBerry Q5 slimmer and easier to hold for fluid typing with one-hand while on the move.
Key features of the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone include:
- wide QWERTY keyboard + Multi-Touch,
- dual-core 1.2GHz processor,
- 5MP AF primary rear camera,
- 2MP secondary front camera,
- full HD 1080p video recording,
- 3.1-inch LCD vibrant touch-screen,
- 8GB of storage + 2GB (RAM) + MicroSD port (Up to 64 GB), and
- 4G/LTE network support.
The solid but lightweight hardware is powered by the intuitive BlackBerry 10 OS whose inventive features let gadget-lovers share, create and message faster than ever before.
- Quickly peek at incoming messages with BlackBerry Hub.
- Time Shift lets you pinpoint and adjust exact moments of your picture to create the perfect shot.
- Story Maker can weave those moments together to create a movie in just a couple of swipes.
- On the completely redesigned BlackBerry World™, discover more than 120,000 apps, games, music, videos, books, magazines and more.
- Utilize NFC (Near Field Communication) technology to add a BBM (BlackBerry® Messenger) contact, swap information, and discover apps.
The BlackBerry Q5 is scheduled to arrive on August 13, 2013 at authorized partners and retail stores.
This video presents “Time Shift mode: BlackBerry Q5 – Official How To Demo.”
- Pinpoint and adjust elements of your picture to get the photo you want.
- Time Shift mode captures milliseconds before and after your photo–so you can scroll back on the dial to open one friend’s eyes and then forward to catch your other friend smiling.
- Share the photo when you’re done with a few simple gestures.
July 30, 2013
BlackBerry Q5 Smartphone Launches in Canada
Waterloo, ON – BlackBerry® (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) today announced that the newest BlackBerry® 10 smartphone, the BlackBerry® Q5 smartphone, will arrive in Canada on August 13, 2013. The new smartphone will be available from authorized partners Bell, Fido, Koodo, Sasktel, TELUS, and Virgin Mobile Canada, as well as retail stores Best Buy Canada, Future Shop, Target, TBooth Wireless, The Mobile Shop, The Source, Walmart, and WIRELESSWAVE, across the country.
The BlackBerry Q5 smartphone features a QWERTY keyboard in a stunning, youthful design that radiates confidence. With its dual core 1.2GHz processor, vibrant touchscreen and 4G/LTE network support, the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone offers a smooth, fast and rich browsing experience. Its messaging and social networking features enable customers to have fun, create, share and stay connected, while on the move.
Available in two colour models in Canada – Black and Pure Red* – the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone offers a powerful and unique mobile computing experience with its cutting-edge BlackBerry 10 functionality. Features and apps work seamlessly together, allowing customers to flow easily from one activity to the next. With its classic QWERTY keyboard re-engineered for optimized typing and its 3.1” touchscreen, the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone gives you the best of both worlds.
Andrew MacLeod, Managing Director for Canada at BlackBerry said, “Canada is our home, and bringing the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone here is a testament to our strong partner support and ongoing commitment to delivering innovative technologies that enable Canadian enterprises and consumers to improve how they connect and communicate.”
Offering superior business productivity features, market-leading enterprise security and a fast, effortless experience, the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone is a perfect mobility solution for any Canadian organization. For enterprise customers who want to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 and BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10, the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone is a powerful and cost-effective device to roll out across any organization.
The BlackBerry Q5 smartphone comes with BlackBerry 10 version 10.1. As part of the BlackBerry 10 experience, a peek into the BlackBerry® Hub lets you stay close to what’s important to you without stopping what you’re doing. Create the perfect shot every time with the camera Time Shift mode, tell your story using BlackBerry® Story Maker, and instantly share updates with friends on Facebook® and Twitter®. Use BBM™ Video with Screen Share to connect with contacts**, and visit the BlackBerry® World™ storefront to discover the more than 120,000 available apps.
For more information on the BlackBerry Q5 smartphone, please visit http://ca.blackberry.com/
* The Pure Red model available from Virgin Mobile Canada.
** Compatible BlackBerry 10 smartphones, Wi-Fi, 4G or HSPA+ connection required. Additional restrictions apply, visit blackberry.com for details.
A global leader in wireless innovation, BlackBerry® revolutionized the mobile industry when it was introduced in 1999. Today, BlackBerry aims to inspire the success of our millions of customers around the world by continuously pushing the boundaries of mobile experiences. Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, BlackBerry operates offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America. BlackBerry is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market (NASDAQ: BBRY) and the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: BB). For more information, visit www.blackberry.com