Here is this week’s (Oct 23-29, 2010) digital camera review roundup:
- We published our review of the Samsung NX100, a compact mirrorless that competes very well against the compact micro FourThirds from Panasonic and Olympus.
- Steve’s Digicams says the Canon PowerShot SD4500 IS / IXUS 1000 HS [QuickPrice Check] is the best Canon compact to-date and “an incredibly easy-to-use camera with high-speed capabilities and great image quality.“
- Imaging Resource highly recommends the Canon EOS 1D Mark IV [Specs] as “a remarkably capable camera, fit for news, sports, and many other types of professional photography.“
- PhotographyBLOG reviews the Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 [QuickPrice Check] and finds that it “works, it’s well built and it’s a lot of fun.“
- Imaging Resource finds there’s nothing tougher than the Olympus TOUGH 8010 [Specs] and “it’s hard to find a more rugged camera, but the Olympus Tough-8010 really needs a speed improvement.“
- DigitalCameraReview reviews the much-awaited Olympus E-5 [QuickPrice Check] and finds that despite higher noise level at high ISOs, “I’m quite certain that any photographer who uses an E-5 will fall in love with it.“
- Imaging Resource finds that the Samsung HZ35W / WB650 [QuickPrice Check] “has a lot to offer [but] an Achilles Heel of poor performance keeps this camera in the general realm of static subjects and, although ISO 1,600 can produce decent 4×6-inch prints, we think the best image results happen under bright light conditions.“
- PhotographyBLOG recommends the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj [QuickPrice Check]: “Being able to show-off your photos, videos and work to an audience [...] instantly elevates the Nikon Coolpix S1100pj above the competition.“
- Camera Labs highly recommends Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 / FZ45 [QuickPrice Check]: “[The Panasonic FZ40] delivers a very compelling package for the price.“
- Imaging Resource reviews the Sony SLT-A33 [QuickPress Check] and finds that “Sony’s engineers have now likewise redefined what consumers can expect from an SLR.“
- For more camera reviews, to get a second opinion, and just to read the best reviews on the Web, visit our Reviews Matrix.
Isn’t it great when there are so many good cameras to choose from? Getting a headache? Maybe you’re not listening to the best expert reviewers on the Web! Visit our Reviews Matrix and get all the expert reviews written for your favorite digital camera. This way, you’ll make an informed decision based on the best reviews on the Web.