This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Enjoy First Ever 360 Live Streaming of Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2016 on Your PC, Mobile or Gear VR, and
- Samsung Gear 360 is a 360-Degree Camera: Easily Create, View & Share 360-Degree Videos & Images + Create Virtual Reality Content to Enjoy Through Gear VR.
The following video presents Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge: Official Introduction:
Samsung Mobile is defying barriers once again with premium Galaxy smartphones that redefine the ways we imagine our technology. The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge will make you rethink what a phone can do.[Design] Streamlined curves offer perfect grip and a slimmer feel without compromising a big immersive screen. It’s a powerhouse inside with expandable memory (SD-card slot), a Vulkan API for amazing gaming graphics, and a longer lasting battery. Take it in the rain, the shower, or the pool because it’s water resistant too. [Camera] Featuring a Dual Pixel 12MP phone camera with sub pixel technology found in professional cameras that activates just like your eyes for split-second autofocus. Shoot in the dark and own the night with larger pixels that capture more light for brighter photos. [Samsung Pay] Leave your wallet at home because Samsung Pay is now available virtually anywhere you can swipe or tap your card. It’s easy to use and secured by Knox Security. [Gear 360] Now you can truly break the boundaries of what a phone can do with the Gear 360 and Gear VR. Record your life with the 360 camera, preview it on the S7, and experience your memories like never before with the Gear VR headset.
As the newest additions to the Galaxy family of smartphones, 5.1-inch Galaxy S7 and 5.5-inch Galaxy S7 edge were just announced.
- Edge UX, the advanced edge experience available on Galaxy S7 edge, provides convenience and increased efficiency by creating easy shortcuts to users’ most loved functions such as email, selfie mode, panorama mode or third party applications.
Their key highlights include:
- Professional-grade Dual Pixel Sensor with which you’ll now be able to take beter photos in the dark.
- Hybrid SIM card tray allows users to insert a microSD card for up to 200GB of additional storage and in some select countries, the tray can be used with a dual SIM card.
- Memory that expands at your will.
- IP68 water and dust resistant. Up to 30 minutes in water or 1.5 meters underwater.
- Samsung KNOX is a dedicated security solution that provides around-the-clock security against hackers and malware, enforced by regular updates. Additional security is provided by KNOX Enabled App where your sensitive data is safely isolated and encrypted.
- Constructed with 3D glass and metal – all in a sleek design with durability and ergonomic curves for a comfortable grip.
- Always-On Display, gives users a simplified, zero touch experience where they don’t need to worry about missing a call or important notification.
- Mobile payment service with Samsung Pay: it’s secure, easy-to-use and accepted almost anywhere. Protected by Samsung KNOX, fingerprint scanning and advanced tokenization, Samsung Pay works with NFC (Near Field Communication), MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) and Barcode technology, making mobile payments available to more merchants and consumers than ever before.
- Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge can connect with Gear VR to “travel” the world.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge will be available starting mid-March 2016.
Samsung Unveils Next Generation Smartphones at the Core of its Connected Galaxy Experience
February 22, 2016
The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge couple sleek design with powerful performance including advanced camera features, water resistance, and external memory
BARCELONA – February 21, 2016 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd today announced the newest additions to the Galaxy family of products, Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. Created for today’s consumer lifestyle, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge lead the industry with a refined design, more advanced camera, streamlined software functionality and unparalleled connectivity to a galaxy of products, services, and experiences.
“We believe in a world that is brighter, sharper, more convenient, and more fun. We strive to deliver on that vision with the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge by marrying elegant design with functionality and providing a seamless mobile experience,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “We empower consumers with technology to help them get more out of life and will continue to push the frontier of what’s possible.”
Advanced Camera: High Quality Images No Matter the Time of Day or Location
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge introduce the first Dual Pixel camera on a smartphone, delivering brighter and sharper images, even in low light. Thanks to the revolutionary Dual Pixel technology, brighter lens with wider aperture, and bigger pixel, the camera has a faster shutter speed and a more accurate autofocus even in low-light conditions. Motion Panorama, a new camera mode, brings movement to traditional panoramic photos, giving the user a completely immersive visual experience.
Refined Design and Function
The 5.1-inch Galaxy S7 and 5.5-inch Galaxy S7 edge are constructed with 3D glass and metal – all in a sleek design with durability and ergonomic curves for a comfortable grip. From work to play, the device’s new Always-On Display, gives users a simplified, zero touch experience where they don’t need to worry about missing a call or important notification.
Without compromising design, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge both have increased utility with IP68 water and dust resistance. Edge UX, the advanced edge experience available on Galaxy S7 edge, provides convenience and increased efficiency by creating easy shortcuts to users’ most loved functions such as email, selfie mode, panorama mode or third party applications.
Enhanced Performance: From Charging to Gaming
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge deliver fast wired and wireless charging technology. Additionally, the hybrid SIM card tray allows users to insert a microSD card for up to 200GB of additional storage and in some select countries, the tray can be used with a dual SIM card.
Samsung also made significant hardware and software updates to optimize gaming performance on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. The powerful processer and bigger battery capacity ensure longer playing time, and the internal cooling system keeps the device from overheating. Game Launcher, a new add-on for gamers, allows users to manage battery consumption and minimize notifications. Additionally, users can record their gaming experience or share their screen to play with others. Paired with Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, Vulkan API gives users the ability to play high-performance graphic games with lower battery consumption.
The Galaxy Experience
Samsung continues to push the boundaries of hardware, software and services to create devices that are designed to improve how consumers connect, share, organize and get more out of life. The company is redefining what is possible, beyond the limits of today’s technology, by introducing a constellation of seamless mobile experiences.
Whether it’s the seamless connection between Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge and the new Gear S2 Classic to monitor fitness, or connecting with Gear VR to “travel” the world – Samsung redefines what’s possible for the mobile experience and beyond.
Beyond the phone, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge users can also get the best mobile payment service with Samsung Pay; it’s secure, easy-to-use and accepted almost anywhere. Protected by Samsung KNOX, fingerprint scanning and advanced tokenization, Samsung Pay works with NFC (Near Field Communication), MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) and Barcode technology, making mobile payments available to more merchants and consumers than ever before.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge will be available starting mid-March 2016.
Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge Product Specifications
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies that redefine the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space with the open platform SmartThings, our broad range of smart devices, and through proactive cross-industry collaboration. We employ 319,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, and for the latest news, feature articles and press material, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.
You can pre-order / buy the Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge at B&H: