The following silent video presents Gear 360 – Design:
Samsung just announced the Gear 360 camera, a 360-degree camera for consumers to easily create, view and share their favorite experiences through video and still image content as well as become the creator of their own virtual reality content to enjoy through Gear VR.
The following silent video presents Gear 360 – Hands-On:
Samsung Gear 360 Camera’s Key Features include:
- Dual CMOS 15MP Sensor
- Dual F2.0 Fisheye Lens (or two CMOS 15 megapixel fisheye cameras)
- Dimension: 66.7 x 56.2 x 60 mm (Weight is 153 g including battery)
Samsung Gear 360’s Functions include:
Samsung Gear 360 Captures the World Through Dual Lens: Dual Lens Mode
- The front and rear lenses each capture 180 degrees horizontally and vertically, creating a seamless and complete 360-degree field of view. Software automatically combines those two images together, cutting together two 180-degree images and stitching them together at the points where they overlap, to create a 360-degree look at the world all around the camera.
- Equipped with bright F2.0 lens.
- For video, photo, time-lapse video, looping video
Single Lens Mode
- Use just one of the two lenses to capture a wide-angled view either in video or stills.
- For video, photo, time-lapse video, looping video
High Resolution Details
- Every single experience is recorded in 3840×1920 high resolution video and 30MP photos.
- Movie Recording
· Dual Cam: up to 3840 x 1920 (30 fps)
· Single Cam: up to 2560 x 1440 (30 fps)
- Still Capturing
· Dual Cam: up to 7776 x 3888 (30M)
· Single Cam: 3072 x 1728 (5M)
*Internet Explorer versions 10 and earlier may experience difficulties in viewing the 360-degree image.
Dust and Splash Resistant Gear 360
- Certified IP53 for protection against harmful deposits of dust and against water sprayed at any angle up to 60˚ from the vertical.
- Pair up your Galaxy smartphone via Bluetooth, then use Wi-Fi Direct to transform its large screen into a very handy remote viewfinder and to transfer files in one simple move.
- The Gear 360 is also ready for various connectivity options, including NFC and USB, to make sharing and transferring data easy. A microSD slot makes the memory expandable to 128GB, too.
- Gear 360 is compatible with select Samsung smartphones including the newly released Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge and Galaxy S6.
- Shoot in live view mode, stitch the 360˚ footage with ease, trim it to your liking and share it online. It’s simple and easy with your Galaxy smartphone or your PC.
- *360-degree video is optimized for Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. Not available on mobile devices.
Gear 360 is Compatible with the Google Street View app
- That means you can capture and instantly publish your photo spheres to Street View, and invite the world over to your street.
- To get the Google Street View app, please visit http://www.google.com/maps/streetview/explore/ .
Gear 360 will be available starting Q2 2016 in select countries.
Samsung Reimagines the Way Moments are Captured and Shared with Gear 360
February 22, 2016
Easily create, view and share 360-degree videos and images to enjoy a fully connected experience
BARCELONA – February 21, 2016 – Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd today announced the Samsung Gear 360, a 360-degree camera that lets consumers easily create, view and share their favorite experiences through video and still image content. Gear 360 is designed for travel, festive gatherings and every activity in between to provide an all-encompassing visual experience. The new camera leverages the best of the Samsung Galaxy experience so users can become the creator of their own virtual reality content to enjoy through Gear VR.
“Samsung continues to push the boundaries of the mobile experience to extend beyond the smartphone,” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “On the heels of last year’s Gear VR release, Gear 360 continues to push the limits on immersive content – providing a visual experience that makes capturing and sharing life’s moments even easier.”
Compact Design with High Performance for Every Activity
Samsung Gear 360 is equipped with dual fisheye lenses, which both have 15 megapixel image sensors, giving users the ability to capture high-resolution (3840×1920) 360-degree video that also supports 30 megapixel still images. Users are also able to shoot 180-degree wide angle video and images with only using one side of the camera lens. Built for any time of day, Gear 360 offers Bright Lens F2.0, which creates high resolution images even in low-light conditions, where users can create full panoramic videos.
With a light and compact, spherical shaped design, Gear 360 maximizes portability to film on the go or for indoor activities. Gear 360 features a user-friendly tripod and is also compatible with a wider selection of accessories and mounts currently available on the market.
The Galaxy Experience
Samsung continues to push the boundaries of hardware, software and services to create devices that are designed to improve how consumers connect, share, organize and get more out of life. The company is redefining what is possible, beyond the limits of today’s technology, by introducing a constellation of seamless mobile experiences.
When Gear 360 is synced with a Samsung smartphone, users will be able to preview content in real time when recording. Also, Gear 360 will automatically bring up filmed content for users to view and save on their smartphone or to upload and share directly on social channels including Google Street View. For a real 360 viewing experience, users can simply watch self-created content through Gear VR. All these features will be available through a dedicated mobile application for download from Galaxy Apps, Google Play and PC software for more in-depth editing capabilities.
Gear 360 is compatible with select Samsung smartphones including the newly released Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge and Galaxy S6.
Samsung Gear 360 Specifications
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
**Battery performance may vary depending on configuration, and device usage.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies that redefine the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space with the open platform SmartThings, our broad range of smart devices, and through proactive cross-industry collaboration. We employ 319,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, and for the latest news, feature articles and press material, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.
The following video presents Samsung Gear 360: Freestyle Soccer in 360º:
Capture 360° videos and record your freestyle soccer skills from all angles with Samsung Gear 360.
* This video was taken using the Gear 360.