Women Photograph invites women and non-binary documentary photographers of any nationality to apply to the Women Photograph + Nikon Grants 2019.
We’re thrilled to announce our 2019 grants cycle, with $35,000 in project funding available for women & non-binary photographers! Applications open on April 1, and the final deadline is May 15. Get those project statements ready!
- There is no fee to apply.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- There are no restrictions on camera equipment used for this grant.
- Half of the funding will be disbursed at the beginning of the project, and half upon completion.
- Grantees will retain full ownership of all work completed.
- Women Photograph and Nikon may all ask for the use of promotional images to be used explicitly in conjunction with promoting the photographer, the work, and the grants.
Women Photograph + Nikon Grant
- Marcia Allert, Dallas Morning News
- Nariman El-Mofty, Associated Press
- Nicole Frugé, San Francisco Chronicle
- Karla Gachet, Independent
- Nick Kirkpatrick, The Washington Post
Women Photograph is excited to announce our 2019 project grants for women & non-binary photographers.
APPLICATIONS OPEN APRIL 1, 2019
DUE MAY 15, 2019
+ Nikon Grants
These $5,000 grants will support photography projects — either new or in-progress — from visual journalists working in a documentary capacity.
Five grants are available, one of which will be earmarked for a non-binary or transgender photographer.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a story, rather than singles, as part of the grant application. The images need not be related to the project proposal. Multimedia projects are welcome.