Here is this week’s (Dec 3-9, 2011) digital camera review roundup:
- TechRadar highly recommends the Fujifilm X10 [QuickPrice Check] concluding that “enthusiasts and even beginners who are in the market for a high-quality compact camera shouldn’t be disappointed by what the Fuji FinePix X10 has to offer.“
- Imaging Resource recommends the Sony NEX-5N [QuickPrice Check] since “more often than not, I found myself grabbing the NEX-5N from our well-stocked shelf when I left the office for a little photographic R&R. That, in my book, is the mark of a camera worth owning.“
- LetsGoDigital concludes the “compact Samsung NX200 system camera performs well in combination with the standard 18-55mm kit lens and delivers a high image quality.“
- PhotographyBLOG recommends the Sigma SD-1 [QuickPrice Check] kindly concluding, If […] you have a lot of money to spend then take a look at the Sigma SD1. The pictures are very good after all and ultimately that’s what’s important.
- DigitalCameraInfo reviews the Fujifilm X10 [QuickPrice Check] and rates it as “Strongly recommended, and for the time being, one of the best cameras we’ve reviewed.“
- sansmirroir recommends the Olympus PEN E-P3 [QuickPrice Check] so that “the [Olympus] E-P3 is my current backcountry camera of choice, where I’m on those long 10-mile or longer dayhikes to exotic locations far from the road.“
- CameraLabs highly recommends the Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS [QuickPrice Check] since “for an entry level model, the ELPH 100 HS / IXUS 115 HS has a huge amount to offer […] is well built, looks stunning and is super-compact.“
- PhotographyBLOG recommends the Canon PowerShot SX150 IS [QuickPrice Check] as “a solid travel-zoom camera that certainly won’t break the bank.“
- TrustedReviews highly recommends the Fujifilm X10 [QuickPrice Check] concluding that “in many ways the X10 is the best advanced compact we’ve ever laid our hands on. […] And while general image quality is some of the best we’ve yet seen in an advanced compact, the white discs issue does present a problem.” Fujifilm has announced it is working on fixing the issue.
- TechRadar finds that Fujifilm FinePix F600EXR [QuickPrice Check] “the ideal audience for this camera being young families who want an unfussy point and shoot camera.“
- Steve’s Digicams recommends the Samsung MV800 [QuickPrice Check] finding that “this stylish camera is loaded with fun to use settings, and the hinged LCD is sure to be a hit among the social crowds. We did find a few shortfalls with the camera, but overall it gets a good recommendation from the staff here at Steve’s.“
- Steve’s Digicams highly recommends the Canon PowerShot S100 [QuickPrice Check] as “a fantastic compact digicam that has been designed with the quality and features that a professional can enjoy.“
- PhotographyBLOG highly recommends the Samsung WB750 as a “fantastic value for money considering its wealth of beginner friendly modes and effects, more sophisticated options for more experienced users [… The] Samsung WB750 makes almost perfect sense.“
- DCRP (dcresource) highly recommends the Panasonic GX1 [QuickPrice Check] concluding that “photo quality on the Lumix DMC-GX1 is very good, and comparable to what you’d see on other Micro Four Thirds cameras (including the DMC-G3, which shares the GX1’s sensor)“
- For more camera reviews, to get a second opinion, and just to read the best reviews on the Web, visit our Reviews Matrix.
Isn’t it great when there are so many good cameras to choose from? Getting a headache? Maybe you’re not listening to the best expert reviewers on the Web! Visit our Reviews Matrix and get all the expert reviews written for your favorite digital camera. This way, you’ll make an informed decision based on the best reviews on the Web.