Here is this week’s (Aug 28-Sep 3, 2010) digital camera review roundup:
- If you are considering the Nikon Coolpix L110 [QuickPrice Check], Imaging Resource says, spend the extra $110 for it’s bigger brother, the P100 [Specs]: “The Nikon Coolpix P100 is such a superior camera to the L110, it’s ridiculous.“
- PhotographyBLOG highly recommends the Canon PowerShot S95 [QuickPrice Check] as “one of the most compelling pocket cameras on the market.“
- TrustedReviews is disappointed that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 / FZ45‘s “high-ISO performance and dynamic range are inferior to its predecessor the FZ38” but overall finds it “a superbly designed and very well made super-zoom camera that is absolutely loaded with advanced features.“
- TrustedReviews rates the budget-priced Kodak EasyShare M580 [QuickFact Sheet] as having “decent performance [but otherwidse] lacklustre low light focusing, garish colour rendition and poor high-ISO results.“
- PhotographyBLOG finds the Ricoh CX4 [QuickPrice Check] to be “a good point and shoot camera [even though it] doesn’t offer enough to either justify the upgrade from the previous generation or to keep up with its rivals.“
- DCRP (dcresource) rates the Fujifilm FinePix HS10 [Specs] high on “its design, monster lens, manual controls, dynamic range enhancement, and use of AA batteries [but] I’m less enchanted with its poorly designed movie mode.“
- PhotoRadar is not too keen on the Canon PowerShot SD4500 IS / IXUS 1000 HS [QuickPrice Check] unless: “If you just want a point and clicker with quality HD video, the IXUS 1000 HS is worth a look.“
- For more camera reviews, to get a second opinion, and just to read the best reviews on the Web, visit our Reviews Matrix.
Isn’t it great when there are so many good cameras to choose from? Getting a headache? Maybe you’re not listening to the best expert reviewers on the Web! Visit our Reviews Matrix and get all the expert reviews written for your favorite digital camera. This way, you’ll make an informed decision based on the best reviews on the Web.