The following video presents Thank you for 100 years: Nikon 100 Year Anniversary!:
“With gratitude to everyone who has supported us, Nikon proudly celebrates it’s 100th year anniversary on July 25, 2017. Here, we celebrate the meaning of photography and talent of our Nikon fans. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you from everyone here at Nikon ❤, here’s to the next 100!
(Credit: This video includes photography taken by our fans.)“
In celebration of Nikon’s 100th Anniversary, Nikon is giving out $100,000 in academic scholarships to help support the next generation of storytellers.
- Nikon has opened submissions for its Nikon Storytellers Scholarship, which will award 10 students with $10,000 USD each for use in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- The contest is open to undergraduate or graduate students in Canada or the U.S. who are pursuing degrees in the visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography and multimedia/content creation who have completed their freshman year of college or academic equivalent.
Qualified students are invited to apply.
You must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to receive The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship:
- You must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited, non-profit college/university or vocational/technical school in the United States or Canada.
- You must complete your freshman year of college or academic equivalent before Fall 2018.
- You must be majoring in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography, or multimedia/content creation.
- You must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average at time of application.
- You will need to provide a recommendation from a professor, teacher or academic advisor.
If you are selected as a semi-finalist, you will be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission, description of photo/video submission and copy of academic transcript.
Good Luck! / Bonne chance!
The following video presents The creative minds behind the Blossom Project: Fine art photography:
“Storytelling, especially in the world of fine art photography, is never easy.
Nikon | I AM DIFFERENT presents “The Blossom Project”
Isabelle Chapuis and Alexis Pichot share how to use colour smoke bombs to create unusual stories. See the whole story http://bit.ly/1PhrFmR
Get close and personal as they share their insights into challenges and their thoughts on self-expression.
Photography © Isabelle Chapuis & Alexis Pichot“
NIKON OPENS SUBMISSIONS FOR STORYTELLERS SCHOLARSHIP TO SUPPORT THE NEXT GENERATION OF VISUAL CONTENT CREATORS
December 14, 2017
Today, Nikon Inc. will begin accepting submissions for the “The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship” which was announced as part of the brand’s 100th anniversary celebration earlier this year. Eligible students can apply to be one of ten individuals awarded with an academic scholarship of $10,000 USD, to help foster their growth as visual storytellers and content creators.
“As we reflect on a remarkable and exciting 100 years of imaging excellence, Nikon must also look to the future and continue to push the boundaries of creative expression and technological innovation,” explained Kosuke Kawaura, Director; Marketing, Communications & Planning, Nikon Inc. “The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship encapsulates our brand’s commitment to supporting students as they strive to ignite passion and inspire change as future visual content creators.”
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship is open to undergraduate or graduate students in the United States or Canada pursuing degrees in visual arts, fine arts, journalism, film, photography and multimedia/content creation who have completed their freshman year of college or academic equivalent. Qualified students are invited to visit www.NikonStorytellersScholarship.com for more information for submitting their entry. Once selected, semi-finalists will be asked to provide a photo portfolio or video submission for evaluation by a selection committee who will identify the ten scholarship recipients. Scholarships will be awarded for use in the 2018-2019 academic school year.
The Nikon Storytellers Scholarship Key Dates (2017-2018):
- December 14, 2017 — Application opens for qualified students
- March 1, 2018 — Application deadline for all students
- March 12, 2018 — Semi-finalist applications selected
- March 30, 2018 — Application deadline for semi-finalists
- June 2018 — 10 scholarships recipients selected
For those interested in learning more about the Nikon Storytellers Scholarship, please visit www.NikonStorytellersScholarship.com. For more information on the latest Nikon products, please visit www.nikon.ca
Nikon 100th Year Anniversary
Since the company was established in 1917, Nikon has cultivated its status as a pioneer of optical technologies around the world. Guided by a corporate philosophy of “Trustworthiness and Creativity,” Nikon provides a wide range of products and services globally by harnessing advanced opto-electronics and precision technologies. Nikon is proud to celebrate their 100th anniversary from July 2017 to July 2018.
Nikon, At the Heart of the Image™, is a world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology; globally recognized for setting new standards in product design and performance for an award-winning array of equipment that enables users to tell their stories through amazing photos and videos. Nikon Canada distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX® compact digital cameras; 35mm film SLR cameras; Nikon software products and Nikon sports and recreational optics as well as the Nikon 1 compact interchangeable lens camera system and KeyMission line of action cameras. Nikon Corporation, the parent company of Nikon Canada, recently announced the production of 100 million NIKKOR lenses in 2016, creating a new milestone in Nikon’s heritage of superior optics. All Nikon Canada products are sold through a network of Authorized Nikon Canada Dealers. For more information on Nikon Canada and its products and services or to find an Authorized Nikon Canada Dealer, visit www.nikon.ca.