Though this is a full-frame mirrorless lens, it can also be used on a Sony APS-C mirrorless camera (since they both use the same E-mount) giving an equivalent focal length range of 25.5-75mm.
The Tamron 17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD is planned for a Fall 2023 launch.
TAMRON announces development of world’s first* 17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD (Model A068) for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras
August 24, 2023, Saitama, Japan – Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Shogo Sakuraba), a leading manufacturer of optics for diverse applications, announces the development of the 17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD (Model A068), a wide-angle zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras.
|17-50mm F/4 Di III VXD (Model A068) For Sony E-mount (35mm full-frame)
|DATE OF LAUNCH
|Launch Planned in the Fall, 2023
* Among the zoom lenses for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras (As of July, 2023 — TAMRON)
This groundbreaking lens zooms from 17mm ultra wide-angle to 50mm standard, the world’s first* with such a dynamic zoom range for full-frame mirrorless cameras. TAMRON’s new 17-50mm F4 for Sony mirrorless cameras is a wide-angle zoom with a constant F4 aperture covering ultra wide-angle to standard focal lengths, a zoom range ideal for both still photography and video recording. This lens achieves excellent optical performance across the entire zoom range, with crispness from edge-to-edge. The lens also incorporates VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism with superior quietness and agile performance and achieves high-speed and high-precision autofocus. Additionally, the physical length of the lens does not change while zooming. It’s the perfect lens for taking still photos and is also ideal for video shooting, in part since it’s easy to balance even when fitted to a gimbal stabilizer or other equipment. The excellent close-range shooting performance provides an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 0.19m (7.5in) at the wide end and 0.3m (11.8in) at the tele end. This lets users get closer to the subject to capture one-of-a-kind photos in a broad range of situations. The ideal “walk around” lens, the new 17-50mm F4 zoom offers great portability and convenience and makes it possible to shoot a variety of content, both still images and video, from sweeping landscapes to snapshots, all without switching lenses.
1. Zoom lens that covers ultra wide-angle to standard focal length at constant F4 aperture
2. High optical performance and image quality throughout the entire zoom range
3. Compact for easy handling with internal zoom for superlative balance
4. Fast and accurate AF for still and video shooting
5. Outstanding close-range shooting performance expands versatility
6. Additional features for greater convenience
7. Proprietary software tool TAMRON Lens UtilityTM expands the possibilities of still imaging and video capture
8. User-friendly features (Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating)
9. 67mm filter size, same as most other TAMRON lenses for mirrorless cameras
Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.
Please support this site. Pre-order / Buy the Tamron 17-50mm f/4 Di III VXD Lens Sony E lens from our Trusted Sponsor B&H Photo-Video, the Professional’s Source, satisfying millions of customers for over 35 years (prices are in USD):